Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177473 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (#1 exporter of roleplaying in all of this thread)
« Reply #975 on: July 31, 2012, 04:00:53 pm »

"That's really more of Liz's thing, but I'll keep an eye on him for you."

Jenny cloaked and followed Desmond.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 31, 2012, 04:02:20 pm »

Ires leaned over to Jenny's side to whisper in her ear as Desmond was admiring the elevator door.

"Don't let him get hurt, please."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 31, 2012, 04:04:58 pm »

Since she was invisible, she couldn't nod back, but she put a hand in Ires's shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "Just like a guardian angel, here."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Ninety-Seven! In which I bite off far too much.
« Reply #978 on: August 03, 2012, 06:27:51 pm »

Turn ninety-seven!  As we rapidly approach three different milestones (10,000 views, 1000 replies, 100 turns), I've decided to start running a second Roll to Dodge game, destabilizing this game's already-tenuous schedule.  Actually, considering the extra effort will likely result in my untimely death, both game's schedules are likely to be disrupted!  Apologies if I have a stress-induced heart attack and die, leaving you, my faithful players, hanging.
Anyway, after that overly-dramatic turn for the serious, some levity is required.
BALLS

The team is reunited as Desmond, Jenny and Ires file out of the elevator.  Ires spreads out the floor plan and they take a few minutes to plan.
Their plan decided, Desmond keys in this month's passcode on the door opposite the labs.
"One, one, one... uh, one."
It beeps and pops open.
Agent Fortmüller takes point, covered by Agent Conners.  It appears that none of the cells or vaults have been breached, excepting Crane's, and besides a rat attempting to gnaw through one of the vault doors the place is devoid of life.
[hidden spot check] Lisa looks around for usable vents but doesn't see any.
Agent Maxwell and Agent Reon cover Agent Green as he follows Nicholas into the secure wing, keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.
[hidden spot check] Desmond and Jenny don't notice anything, but as Ires looks over at the cells, she wonders if something is amiss.

The door automatically shuts itself behind them with a disconcertingly sharp slam.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 08:49:11 pm by Remalle »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: August 03, 2012, 06:34:28 pm »

((I blame the GM for all those milestones. It's all his fault. Totally.

If this game dies, I'm so going to-... :I))

Ires fumbled about, unsure as to whether that was the security system...or the security system. "Alright, who tripped that trapwire?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: August 03, 2012, 06:42:50 pm »

Nicholas waves to Ires and Desmond.
"Oh, hello there. And why did you follow us inside? You could do your stuff outside, you know?"

Try to open the door. If it doesn't work, check for a way out through electronics and contact agent Holyshanks along and/or the loyal agents.
"Hey agent. We are trapped inside the cell block."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: August 03, 2012, 09:39:34 pm »

"Everybody chill. It's nothing to worry about."

Check all the cells, but don't actually go in them. Keep a distance from the doors too and search for alternate exits.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: August 04, 2012, 12:17:47 pm »

Jenny decided to scout ahead a bit and looked around the general area.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: August 04, 2012, 12:22:11 pm »

Ires replied to Nick. "Well, information, most likely. Now...I think I saw something in the cells?"

Investigate the cells carefully, for any anomalic property or strange detail.

Try holding up my crystal and observe it's effects.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: August 04, 2012, 04:52:23 pm »

Action: Desmond watches out for anything that could get them out of here, or signs of incoming danger.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Ninety-Eight! In which dice are rolled.
« Reply #985 on: August 04, 2012, 09:27:12 pm »

Turn ninety-eight.  What's this, two turns in two days?  What was that I said about schedule, anyway?  Disregard it!

Agent Reon flails.  "Alright, who tripped that trapwire?
She moves over to the cells.  The only part of the cells that are visible from the outside, the doors, are two and a half inches of solid steel, with sliding heavy plastic bars across most of them.  The only cell door that is currently open is labeled "CRANE, A." and is empty, completely devoid of features.
[hidden spot check] For a moment Ires thinks she sees the outline of... something, in the corner, but she blinks and when she looks again she doesn't see anything.
She shrugs, moves around the room and waves the crystal about.  It's dormant.
Agent Fortmüller waves at Desmond and his entourage.  "Oh, hello there.  And why did you follow us inside?  You could do your stuff outside, you know?"
He moves over to the door.  Hmm, there's a timer.  0:58:42 blinks on it.  Must be a security feature.
Nicholas radios Agent Holischuk.
"Hey agent.  We are trapped inside the cell block."
"Uh, that shouldn't happen.  What did you do?  Never mind.  I'll see if I can override it."
Agent Conners says "Everybody chill.  It's nothing to worry about."
She goes towards the cells with Ires and checks them out.  All but one of the doors are closed and locked.  Looking around, [hidden spot check] she notices a lot of doors, but none of them look like exits.  Oh right, they're cell doors.
Agent Maxwell looks around a bit.  [hidden spot check] There's not really much of interest here, just the cells and the vaults.  She strolls up to the cells and reads some names.  They all say things like "SIONIS, T." and "KYLE, J.".  Some of the vaults are similar, actually, with names like "HAMELIN, P.".
Agent Green keeps a look out.  [hidden spot check] Besides the team and the rat gnawing on the vault that Jenny's looking at, there's not really anything going on.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: August 04, 2012, 09:56:04 pm »

Look around the same cell Ires was searching. Poke around. If unsuccessful, fine-tune the armor's vision system for searching for anything unusual.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: August 04, 2012, 10:45:50 pm »

"Rats...the rat had to come from somewhere." Desmond said boredly.

Action: Spook the rat and see where he runs too.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: August 04, 2012, 11:02:26 pm »

"Whuh, I swear I'm seeing shadows moving...

"...did they label this sector as Dangerous Stuff for a reason?

"To think this place was professional."

Examine the featureless CRANE, A cell for anything. Even the sign.

Keep on doing that to the other cells.

Then glance behind me occasionally. Reason: Paranoia

((Ninja'd by Desmond. Now I've to change from inspecting that rat.  :P))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: August 04, 2012, 11:21:01 pm »

Jenny couldn't think of much to do to contribute at the moment, so she uncloaked and purged the build-up.

(It's kind of nice to have a fall-back action like that. XD)
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 86