Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177563 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Caellath: very well then!
Zako: I've got the best. players. ever.  Almost seems a shame to kill you off...
Turn eighty-six.  I had to sift through SO MUCH RP to get your actions.  Good job.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Agent Green radios the team.  "All right team, let's rendezvous back where we are storing the crystals. Secure any dangerous materials and let's all meet there in 5 minutes."  He talks quietly with Agent Reon on the way to the rendezvous point, interrupted only by Nicholas' abrupt cessation of communication, as Ires examines ye crystal.
The crystal is flawlessly cut, the facets perfectly smooth, the edges sharp as a knife.  It's slightly longer than Ires' hand, and not quite thick enough to prevent her from touching her fingers around it.  It's an extremely thin white, clear enough to see through, but the red glow it's emitting gives the crystal a pink tint.  As Ires and Desmond move down to the ground floor, the crystal seems to calm down, the glow softening, the hum lessening.
Agent Conners, meanwhile, sends Jenny off and keeps interrogating the suspect.
"I'm losing patience here, you didn't answer all my questions.  How many suitcases are there?  Where are you picking up your payment?  Answer properly or you won't be going anywhere anytime soon, I can promise you that."
[5] "Fine!  Fine.  I'll answer your damn questions, alright?  There were four suitcases.  We were supposed to put them all on the roof, but well, you know.  You picked up three of us?  There was a fourth member of our team, a lady, I didn't know her.  She and me were supposed to take the elevator up after the first two took the stairs up."  The man straightens slightly.  "As for where the payment is, how about I lead you there?  It's win-win.  I pick up my cash - just my share, of course! - you can have the rest of it.  For evidence.  And let me go.  How about it?  Hell, I'll even take a reduced cut, um, share some of my share, you know?"
Agent Fortmüller turns off his radio link as soon as he relays Agent Holischuk's information to them.  He can't leave them in the dark, after all, no matter what he thinks of certain members of the team.  He smirks as he turns to the other agent.
"So... were there any instructions given to you about how to act if the HQ happened to be compromised?  A safe place, or defensive measures, anything?  We don't have any knowledge about what we are facing and what we should do, but my teammates found those strange crystals in suitcases back in that building."
"Compromised...?  That's definitely a worst-case scenario.  The location of the base is a secret to anyone who doesn't work for the Department, and the Department doesn't just let anyone work there.  I don't see how it could be compromised... but there is a protocol for the situation, I'm sure of it.  I just don't know what the protocol is.
"Now, the crystals.  I don't know if you were ever briefed on this, because I wasn't, but I've gathered some information on my own.  Don't tell anyone I told you this, because it's all above both of our pay grades.  From what I understand, the crystals you found here and at Tommy Sionis' warehouse are a sort of conductive material between our world and the anomalous dimension you found at Arthur Crane's mansion.  In certain locations the boundary between here and there is thinner, and the crystals are able to draw in energy from there.  If they draw in enough energy they explode, releasing all sorts of weird energy into the air, and anyone directly caught in the explosion, like you, might be... infused with this energy.  I talked to one of the Department medics, and he said that it caused some sort of biological change right down on the cellular level that allows you to store and release energy like you do.
"I don't know why they do it, whether they're trying to make people like you or what, or whether any of the higher-ups know more than what I've gathered myself.  But I'm starting to get a bad feeling about... everything."
Agent Maxwell nods to Lisa.  "Right. I'll go meet up with Des, then." She does so, arrives ahead of the other two, and notes that the guards haven't moved from their post yet.  The three suitcases lie undisturbed in the middle of the parking lot.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Communication Breakdown)
« Reply #841 on: July 08, 2012, 05:07:40 pm »

Nicholas clamps his weapons in the back of his suit and crosses his arms over his chest (or the power armor's arms over the armor's chest). The situation was more complicated now, and he needed to warn his team, although he would probably need agent Holyshanks' permission.
"May I warn my teammates? They may be in danger and I won't tell them who told me that, but I guess some may deduce."

If given permission, turn on the comms and relay this message:
"To the smartass who said exploding crystals are a ridiculous idea *cough* Lisa *cough* - The crystals you have in your possessions draw energy from that dimension we found in Arthur's mansion. And when they amass enough energy, they explode, which is the reason we have powers now. Be careful and good-bye~"
After sending a transcript of the agent's information, turn off the comms again and any device able to receive messages from them.

Then get back to fixing his car, getting any pieces of other destroyed vehicles to give it some light armor by using the right building techniques.

"Hey, do you want to check on the HQ? A little far away, I mean. I can take you there or follow you from atop the buildings and then stop some dozens of meters away from the point."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 08, 2012, 09:34:05 pm »

[...]the communication channel was the right place to enact a voice-based soap opera.
((You know that, we were speaking with our comm channels off right? The only thing you all heard was
~"All right team, let's rendezvous back where we are storing the crystals. Secure any dangerous materials and let's all meet there in 5 minutes."~

Also, you couldn't have known most of what you posted there unless you'd have taken a degree in psychology. From just two sentences.))

Turn eighty-six.  I had to sift through SO MUCH RP to get your actions.  Good job.

((It was right there.  :P

Also, I was expecting a "Ye cannot examine ye crystal" thing, just like how the first examination worked. XD))

If:
If given permission, turn on the comms and relay this message:
"To the smartass who said exploding crystals are a ridiculous idea *cough* Lisa *cough* - The crystals you have in your possessions draw energy from that dimension we found in Arthur's mansion. And when they amass enough energy, they explode, which is the reason we have powers now. Be careful and good-bye~"
After sending a transcript of the agent's information, turn off the comms again and any device able to receive messages from them.
Then:
Shift comms to team, except Nick who seems to have static in his channel.
"Does anyone think that dimension works just like ours? I mean, at the roof, this crystal was glowing a bright red. Currently, it's emitting lesser and lesser.

"Air pressure? Anyway, could anyone ask Nick there what he knows? It sounds like he knows more than he's letting out, and in much more jerky tone than usual."

Then get back to fixing his car, getting any pieces of other destroyed vehicles to give it some light armor by using the right building techniques.[/b]
"Hey, do you want to check on the HQ? A little far away, I mean. I can take you there or follow you from atop the buildings and then stop some dozens of meters away from the point."
((Me thinks you should fix the formatting, sound like you're talking to your car.  :P))

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 08, 2012, 09:37:10 pm »

Then get back to fixing his car, getting any pieces of other destroyed vehicles to give it some light armor by using the right building techniques.[/b]
((Me thinks you should fix the formatting, sound like you're talking to your car.  :P))

All men talk to their cars.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 08, 2012, 09:48:42 pm »

@Tiruin: No.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 08, 2012, 10:21:37 pm »

((I don't. It's an unliving object incapable of speech, I don't see the point in talking to it all that much. I yell at the other drivers when they do something stupid near me on the road, but that's as close as it gets.))

Lisa inwardly smiled. Success at last. Now she just needed to go tell the rest of the team without giving it away over the radio. But first, dealing with this idiot. She leant in close and glared at him in the eyes.

"I don't take bribes. You would do well to remember that."

Straightening up again, she grabbed the pen and paper that Jenny had left in the other room and returned to give it to her prisoner.

"Write down the address and everything you know about how you are going to get the money, as well as everything you know about the female in your group. I've got to go deal with something. Cooperate, and I'll think about letting you get your money."

Leaving the room, she grabbed a nearby guard and spoke quietly to him.

"Keep an eye on him, he might think about running. I'll be back soon."

As she jogged away, she keyed on her radio on her team frequency.

"Guys, meet in the parking lot, I've got something."

Go find the others and check on the suitcases to see if the crystals are still there.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 09, 2012, 05:32:58 pm »

"My partner's still interrogating. What's this about Des?" Jenny asked, waiting for an explanation from Steel Wall... and if he explained his plan to head back to HQ, she'd offer to go with him in Straight Arrow's place, since her powers were far more suited to scouting around and reporting back.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 10, 2012, 12:11:21 pm »

Action: Rendezvous!

@Jenny, in person: "HQ is acting odd.

I think I should go in by myself.

I figure it's either a trap-which means we're screwed either, and I'd rather be the one to fall in.

Or it's a diversion from here. At which point I'd want the majority of the team ready, here, for that.

Third, it might just be a genuine FUBAR situation. At which point, I'll take the blame for holding the rest of you back."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Turn the eighty-seventh.  I have nothing interesting to say here.  As if I ever do.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Agent Fortmüller asks Agent Holischuk "May I warn my teammates?  They may be in danger and I won't tell them who told me that, but I guess some may deduce."
"Um... sure, ok."
He switches on his link and relays the information to his team, then turns it back off.
As he's working on the car, Nicholas turns back to the other agent.
"Hey, do you want to check on the HQ?  A little far away, I mean.  I can take you there or follow you from atop the buildings and then stop some dozens of meters away from the point."
"It would probably be best if I didn't, actually.  I mean, all I've got is a car and a pistol, so I probably won't be much help if there's fighting to be done.  How about I go pick up the rest of your team instead?"
[3+2] Nicholas admires his handiwork on the car.  With just a few pieces of scrap metal and some strategic welding the car was, if not bulletproof, far sturdier then it had been.
Agent Reon talks to the team minus Nicholas as she and Desmond head to the rendezvous point.
"Does anyone think that dimension works just like ours?  I mean, at the roof, this crystal was glowing a bright red.  Currently, it's emitting lesser and lesser.
"Air pressure? Anyway, could anyone ask Nick there what he knows?  It sounds like he knows more than he's letting out, and in much more jerky tone than usual."
As she and Desmond put some distance between themselves and the building the crystal stops humming and glowing.
Agent Conners leans in to her perp.
"I don't take bribes.  You would do well to remember that.  Write down the address and everything you know about how you are going to get the money, as well as everything you know about the female in your group.  I've got to go deal with something.  Cooperate, and I'll think about letting you get your money."
"Ok, ok, I get it, jeez."
He scribbles down a quick set of directions to the payment, which has been stashed in a dumpster in an alleyway just northwest of the building.  He also writes a considerably shorter description of the final member of his group, who he describes as fairly attractive, average height, with blonde hair, blue eyes, and a nice figure (his writing is more descriptive on this part).
"Oh, and I think one of your team found her bag earlier."
Lisa leaves the man with the security guards and heads off towards the rendezvous point.  As she arrives she notes that the suitcases haven't been moved or opened since she was last here.
Agent Maxwell looks up as Agent Green and Agent Reon show up, and says "My partner's still interrogating.  What's this about Des?"  He quickly explains his plan to her, and though she offers to go with him, he insists on going alone.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 10, 2012, 07:00:01 pm »

Jenny cloaks and fellows Desmond anyway. It's not like he could stop her, and he needed back-up.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: July 10, 2012, 07:05:05 pm »

Jenny cloaks and fellows Desmond anyway. It's not like he could stop her, and he needed back-up.
Without his knowledge?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 10, 2012, 07:09:56 pm »

(He'll probably suspect, but yeah.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: July 10, 2012, 07:12:33 pm »

Nicholas looks towards the direction the HQ is.
"Keep in touch with my team, I think I'll go check on that alone then. Ah, and your car is better than before. More resilient and with more horsepower, at least."

Give Agent Holyshanks the comms channel code if necessary, leave in the direction of the HQ.

((Nicholas no-bullshit is on.))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 10, 2012, 08:26:06 pm »

Ires stubbornly goes along with Desmond.

"Huh, weird. The crystal stopped glowing.

"Now I'm probably sure that this 'dimensional' thingy is static just like our world. Meaning, there are certain locations that...um, are thinner in the veil, if I could use those words.

"If there isn't anything wrong with HQ, I think we should ask about that certain 'training facility'."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: July 10, 2012, 09:12:13 pm »

Action: Head into HQ to find out whats wrong, already.

Since it seems everyone is going anyway, pack up those crystals in a safe location before we enter.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 86