Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177610 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic
« Reply #660 on: May 29, 2012, 08:06:45 am »

Action: Do a standard patrol route looking for anyone...suspicious!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Sixty-Seven! In which we return with maps.
« Reply #661 on: June 01, 2012, 04:42:14 pm »

My ego sufficiently stroked, we return for turn sixty-seven!  Hey guys, let's flatter Dwarmin until he revives Deepest Blue.

The agents' masks flash briefly and place a series of maps on their heads-up displays.
Spoiler: Maps! (click to show/hide)
"Alright, there's your maps of the buildings, using the blueprints and security feed Agent Co- I mean, Life Force gave us.  There are just too many people in there too keep track of everybody, so we've highlighted the positions of yourselves, in green, allies, in blue, anybody you've interacted with recently, in yellow, and confirmed hostiles, in red.  Hope this helps.  And Fire Fighter, your dart gun has arrived."

Agent Maxwell hung around in the server room, releasing excess energy in the form of bright flashes, until the maps of the building arrived.
Agent Conners replied, "Glad to be of service.  I'm heading underground to map out possible attack routes.  Could use some company."
She did so, joined by Agent Fortmüller, who was busy resetting his air filtration settings.  Together they did a search of the underground parking level to find out entry methods, [hidden search check] and found out that the main door was a standard car-weight-activated sliding door, and that the windows, which would be at ground level outside, had bars over them.  Once inside, the only way up to a higher level was via the elevators.
Agent Reon radioed her teammates, "Well, only passage from other points are through the ventilation shafts, which are guarded by fans.  Hm, if they really wanted to bomb this building, won't they just chuck one in at the walls?"
She looked for the building's security station and found it on the ground floor, and requested a chat with their boss.  [1+1]
"I'm sorry, you can't just come in here with no ID and just expect to be able to talk to our head of security."
Agent Green went on a patrol route, using the stairs and sweeping each floor for anyone suspicious.  [hidden search check] Besides Nicholas, he didn't spot anybody, but continued his route anyway.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (We're back!)
« Reply #662 on: June 01, 2012, 04:47:04 pm »

Go fetch and attach the dart gun to the sniper rifle. Help anyone in their search efforts afterwards.

Edit: Help Conners action of hacking the mainframe.

Nicholas plan of walking around aimlessly and helping anyone's search efforts was cut short when he saw Conners acting as inconspicously as she could, which meant she was obviously planning something. Well, it was obvious for him at least, but he had created and just installed a software to read the facial expressions and body language of people, which seemed to be working at least reasonably well. The display in front of him traced a bold red line around Agent Lisa's face and started to blink while the word "NAUGHTY" appeared under it.

Well, he could try and help with whatever sick scheme she had at the time, it was not as if he was particularly busy anyway.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 08:55:45 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 01, 2012, 08:46:20 pm »

"OK, I'm going to start checking the profiles of the people that work here and send them to HQ to use the cameras to look for oddities and people who aren't meant to be here."

Hack into the mainframe of the building and access the personell files and send copies to HQ for them to look for people that don't belong here or who might be trouble.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 01, 2012, 11:34:34 pm »

Spoiler: Not Flattery (click to show/hide)

Request to talk to the boss, again! This time with added information.

Ires noticed that her mask was off, well, at least they wouldn't know that she was a superhero.

"Erm, yeah. ID...Well, I'm a maintenance officer, certified architect and I'd really like to speak to your boss about this place.

Personal matters, structural confidence. You'd understand."

She really wished she had the degree already.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 02, 2012, 12:58:34 am »

Jenny decided to sweep each floor starting with the current one and going up, feeling the area around her with her electromagnetic sense for any independent source of electricity, such as might be produced by a clock powering a timebomb.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 02, 2012, 01:18:04 am »

@Tiruin: Thanks! Maybe I'll actually update now... :)

Action: Keep communicating between HQ and the buildings security-try to get all these snafus out of the way.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Sixty-Eight! In which my computer nearly died
« Reply #667 on: June 02, 2012, 04:21:02 pm »

Turn sixty-eight.  Note that in this and the previous turn as Caellath and Zako worked together, I would roll twice and take the higher roll to simulate the help.

Spoiler: Maps! (click to show/hide)

Agent Fortmüller headed up to the ground floor to retrieve his dart gun, then spotted Lisa acting "naughty", according to the Warlord's readout.  He grinned and went over to help her.
Agent Conners went back to work hacking, searching for personnel files.  [4] The personnel files for the building were easy to find, consisting mainly of security guards and maintenance staff.  After a few minutes of trying in vain to find the information of the rest of the workers in the building, Nicholas pointed out that that information would most likely be on their employers' servers, not the building's.  Then the connection to the building's mainframe went dead.
Agent Reon continued trying to persuade the man at the desk to let her speak to the security chief.
"Erm, yeah. ID... Well, I'm a maintenance officer, certified architect and I'd really like to speak to your boss about this place.  Personal matters, structural confidence.  You'd understand."
[2+1] "*sigh*, fine.  Just wait here, I'll let you know when you can speak to him.  He's on the phone right now.
Agent Maxwell reached out with her electromagnetic powers, trying to feel the power sources in the building.  [5+2] She could sense the power lines spread out over the whole building, and the backup generators on this floor, connecting to hundreds of servers, computers, lights, countless other electronics over the entire building.  Trying to ignore the main electrical grid to focus on independent power sources, she extended her power just a bit too far, and the lights flickered.  Looking over at the server racks, Jenny could tell she'd probably caused a power surge and knocked some important stuff out.
Agent Green finished his patrol route and went to the security station on the ground floor, hoping to facilitate communication between HQ and the building. He spotted Ires waiting for her chance to speak to the chief of security too, when the lights flickered and the man at the desk cursed at his computer.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 02, 2012, 07:20:07 pm »

Desmond began walking over to Iraes, while pinging the comm to the rest of team.

"...what was that?"

Action: Assist Iraes in whatever her action is.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 02, 2012, 07:21:58 pm »

Jenny took a deep breath to collect herself and activated her coms. "Sorry about that, guys. Experiment went wrong. I'm about to try again." With that out of the way, she went about trying again.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 02, 2012, 07:27:48 pm »

Desmond nodded to himself, listening. He was about to reply, but Jenny didn't give him a chance to respond-and, interrupting her wouldn't go well. He decided this was just something the woman had to do for herself...

He stepped up beside Ires.

"Hey there...

Are you getting the same feeling about this job that I am?"
he queried.

He was getting a rotten vibe, for sure...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 02, 2012, 07:51:14 pm »

Nicholas felt Desmond was also having his doubts about this mission. Nothing so far but awkwardness and the supposed heroes acting like the terrorist they were supposed to hunt.

"Has anyone realized things are a little too strange? So far our actions have been...Unorthodox. Control, why wasn't the building's personnel warned about a possible attack and are you sure the information was correct?"

Move to the roof and check the other nearby buildings. If near enough, move to their roof and start to examine for anything suspicious in the surroundings.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 02, 2012, 08:00:16 pm »

"...yeah. Just keep alert, everyone."

Desmond reflected-later, he would demand more control over mission planning. They weren't just hounds to be released from the kennel at whatever danger loomed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 02, 2012, 08:06:49 pm »

"...Do you think we're being set up?" Jenny asked over coms, worry evident in her voice.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 02, 2012, 08:13:47 pm »

"...Do you think we're being set up?" Jenny asked over coms, worry evident in her voice.
"More likely than not~" Nicholas offered back casually.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 86