Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177623 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic
« Reply #630 on: May 20, 2012, 11:42:16 pm »

Ires decides to Improve her Free Running skill, hoping to be able to achieve better flexibility and maneuverability.

Also don't expect an update for a few days, due to a combination of sketchy internet connection and ...storms.
((Hah, so I'm not the only one suffering from the Summer storms!  :P))

Spoiler: Also (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 11:48:59 pm by Tiruin »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Sixty-Three! In which the team prepares.
« Reply #631 on: May 24, 2012, 07:50:56 pm »

...could it be?  Is it...?  It is!  It's turn sixty-three!

The team spend their last day before the mission doing their usual last-minute cramming.
Agent Maxwell lowered her expectations a bit, deciding to focus on simply lifting metal off the ground and move it around.  [3] Eventually she succeeded, but quickly realized that every other loose metal object in the area was moving in the exact same way.  Undeterred, she went down to the labs and ordered a customized suit, one that was purple and grey, with metal plates protecting vital areas and allowing her to push against the planet's magnetic field to levitate.
Agent Fortmüller [2] didn't make any progress with his power reallocation project.  He took some solace in the fact that at least he didn't need to redesign it, yet again.
Agent Conners checked over her gauntlets.  Yep, weighted and reinforced at the knuckles.  She picked up a semi-automatic handgun and some extra magazines as well, [4] and found a strangely willing volunteer to practice her life siphoning abilities with.  She made a breakthrough and found herself able to control the rate at which she exchanged energy, from barely noticeable to near-instant death.  The volunteer was unenthusiastic and vowed never to work with her again.
Agent Green went online and read all the material concerning explosives he could find.  [6] He found out where to plant bombs to knock down a building, how to rig a bomb (and how to defuse one), where to find common materials to make an explosive... he stopped, hoping he hadn't attracted much government attention, before realizing he worked for the government.
Agent Reon [2] spent the day trying to use her trajectory vision together with her basic free running skills, but after one too many falls decided one day probably wouldn't show her much improvement.

The next morning the team filed into their black limo in silence.  Desmond smiled across at Ires, and Jenny fiddled idly with the metal plates on her new suit.  They drove into the underground parking lot of the Benedict office building and piled out, Nicholas unpacking his Warlord, and got ready to do what they needed to prevent it from being blown up.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 24, 2012, 07:56:11 pm »

Nicholas realized there was something missing after slipping into his battlesuit and fixing the red cape. He makes use of the internal comms system to call the central.
"Could anyone deliver a dart gun attachment for my sniper rifle? I have carried one around for so much time I still wonder why people keep deattaching it from my rifle and hiding it after each mission."

Nicholas decides to make a full sweep of the building whilst waiting for an anwer.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 24, 2012, 08:04:23 pm »

"Sorry, I'm not a techie," Jenny said sheepishly. "I'm going to do some scouting. I'll let you all know if I encounter anything." She immediately cloaked from sight and headed for the second floor to do a thorough search.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 08:09:43 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 24, 2012, 08:06:38 pm »

"Sorry, I'm not a techie," Jenny said sheepishly. "I'm going to do some scouting. I'll let you all know if I encounter anything." She immediately cloaked from sight and headed for the second floor to do a thorough search.
((What? Nicholas called the central, by the way.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 24, 2012, 08:09:08 pm »

(I didn't see that part and assumed he was asking the rest of the party. ^^^; Will strikethrough in a moment.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 24, 2012, 08:17:41 pm »

Caellath: it's that asshole guard Barry who keeps taking your dart gun after your missions.  You don't want to know what he gets up to with it in his spare time.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 24, 2012, 08:19:29 pm »

(A guard named Barry, an evil guy named Wesker... I should have named my character Jill or Rebecca. :)))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 24, 2012, 08:20:06 pm »

Caellath: it's that asshole guard Barry who keeps taking your dart gun after your missions.  You don't want to know what he gets up to with it in his spare time.
((In my next spot of free time, can I beat the crap out of Barry as a free action or RP action?))
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 24, 2012, 08:24:07 pm »

Lisa looked around her current location and breathed deep through her nose before nodding.

"Ok Steel Wall, you just tell me where to go, and I'll do it. You're the bomb expert after all."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 24, 2012, 10:43:28 pm »

"Following your plan, Desmond. I'm with Lisa here.

Or we could all just split our team and divide each into their known advantages. I'll be on the higher floors, maybe with Nick, to keep watch.

Lisa could go incognito as a security customs officer, or the ones that check baggage? Yeah, them.

I'm unsure as to what you may do along with Nick in the following days, but we'll get to that point soon enough,"
she said with a smile. He was the one with the plans.

But maybe she could do something else in the meantime. She hoped her knowledge of architecture hasn't waned.

Request to check on structural maintenance, then examine Office building blueprints for possible entryways/fire exits/ ventilation shafts/ sewage systems...

Any place where anything can enter or exit the building.

While waiting, that is.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 25, 2012, 01:28:32 am »

Desmond nodded. Both Lisa and Iraes looked to him for leadership...

"All right, we'll need blueprints first-but, we'll also need to do a physical sweep, top to bottom...these bombers, they'll most likely have to plant in very specific spots, fracture points. These points are the ones we're going to watching closely.

And, I agree. Of secondary important is the people. Lisa-your strength here might be making sure everyone in this building is who they say they are-you can certainly manage a background check faster than a government employee. Information is power, and well, you've certainly got plenty of both.

Of course, playing defense is going to put us at a disadvantage here...presumably, they have to attack within a certain time frame. During then, that might choose to either wait until we get complacent. Or Blitz us right off. We've got to be ready for both."

Action: Obtain blueprints-use my newfound knowledge to determine points likely to be targets for explosives.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 25, 2012, 04:05:15 am »

"Right. I can help with getting blueprints and I'll set up a perimeter of cameras for frontal attacks."

Help Desmond acquire blueprints of the building as well as the sewers and underground passages underground. Run a history check on this building looking for ways that have been sealed off that might be breached.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 27, 2012, 12:41:58 am »

Sorry for the delays.  Turn sixty-four now.

Agent Fortmüller requested his dart gun back as he began a quick floor-by-floor sweep of the building.
"Got it.  We'll have somebody bring you your dart gun, he'll be at the front door in an hour.."
Nicholas determined the building was almost completely office space, the second, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh floors being identical.  The third floor was dedicated server space, and the ground floor was a lobby, with a few doors leading elsewhere.  Two elevators went from the basement to the roof, and a pair of stairwells connected the first through seventh floors.
There didn't seem to be anybody out of place.  Of course, Nicholas knew nothing about who belonged there in the first place.  From the looks he was getting as he stomped around in his battle suit, he was the most suspicious person in the building.
Agent Maxwell did a more thorough search of the second floor.  Cubicles, water coolers, bathrooms, a few potted plants, giant windows in the corner areas.  A standard office space.  As she walked by the cubicles, she was noticed by a worker, who grinned.
"Hey everyone!  It's Flash Light!"
A small cheer went up for her.
Agent Conners tried using her PDA to find blueprints of the building.  [3] She found an incomplete set, probably an early draft, as it didn't look current.  She sent the blueprints to the base anyway.
"Thanks, Life Force.  If you can get into the security cameras around the building, we can give you a heads-up map of the building, showing the positions of every person in there."
Agent Reon looked over the plans Lisa had found.  They didn't show anything besides the walls of the building, and where the doors would go.  From the plans the only way into the building was the front door, but that might have changed since it was built.
Agent Green tried to figure out from the map where the best place to plant a bomb would be.  [1] Multiple bombs, planted in the surrounding buildings, set to explode simultaneously in order to implode the structure!  Diabolical, those bombers.
A few people stared and whispered as the heroes passed by, some even recognizing them.  A security guard approached.
"Excuse me, but you're the Steel Wall, aren't you?  I'm going to have to ask you to let me know why you're here, or you'll have to leave.  Your presence is worrying people."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 27, 2012, 01:04:15 am »

Desmond frowned. No one had told the guards they were coming? Huh...

He took the security guard where they couldn't be overheard.

"Yes, I'm Steel Wall...and, we've got a credible lead this building is the possible target of a terrorist attack. My superiors should have cleared our investigation with you...what's your name and rank, son? Have you gotten any heads up yet?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 86