Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177622 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic
« Reply #615 on: May 20, 2012, 06:52:23 am »

((I don't think Desmond will like it if you touch his car. A moving car.  :P))
((I can wait until your destination, silly. Also: Horny old man trying to nail a younger girl, can't say it happens in RtDs all the time :V))

Nicholas could feel it, crawling upon his skin like all bad, cruel ideas do when your mental defenses are stretched thin. He just knew there was something - probably a date - he could ruin at the moment with a precise show of how much of a **** he was. It would not be hard, maybe using one of the classic ways of being a nuisance...Or maybe he could add something more original, like skydiving naked to the target area.

But he was not interested. He swatted the idle thoughts aside. Nicholas had to concentrate on his suit, and since he decided to take his suit itself to his heart, the hero(?) had also decided to give up on some of his immature quirks. Even so, he grinned. Maybe Desmond could get lucky tonight ~♪
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 20, 2012, 08:15:01 am »

((@Cael: Hey! 34 isn't old. :V *does not argue any other points*))

Desmond turned the car up Aventin's main avenue. The restaurant was close...

"I always mean what I say, Iraes. No idle jester am I, nor spinner of intrigues nor webs of deceit." He said, going for poetic charm.

The comfortable silence spun out. He found himself wanting to reach over and take Iraes hand in his own...something stopped him.

He thought she looked a bit uncomfortable-something left unsaid? Had he done something wrong? Honesty worked most of the time, so he went for that...

"I know I can be honest with you, Ires. I think...you probably figured out how I feel about you...I mean, I'm not the most subtle guy. Steel Wall and all that. But, I like you. I like being with you. You're amazing, funny, beautiful...and I can't help but take my shot. I don't think I could look myself in the mirror in the morning if I didn't.

I'll leave it at that, for tonight-if you don't want to say anything else about it, I'm fine with it. We could just enjoy dinner tonight, as friends, and you can make up your mind later."

Desmond took a moment to breath out, then let out a small chuckle.

"And, there goes my Romantic overture. A positive 6/10, but I didn't stick the landing. No pressure or anything on you, Ires." Desmond finished, that familiar easy smile on his face.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 20, 2012, 08:18:18 am »

((Ow dude, aiming for sex on the first date is offensive, especially if you are an old geezer.

Hm...naughty. :3))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 08:24:31 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 20, 2012, 08:23:48 am »

((@Cael: Dude, you read everything wrong. Again. All the time. Your troll attempts are detected.

Notice how my response to *you* OOC was different than my response to Ires IC? <_<))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 20, 2012, 08:26:46 am »

((@Cael: Dude, you read everything wrong. Again. All the time. Your troll attempts are detected.

Notice how my response to *you* OOC was different than my response to Ires IC? <_<))
((Not trolling, just joking. Trolling attempts should be mean acts of evilness. Me, I am just being playful  :P

Noticed the difference between my OOC consideration of skydiving naked on top of you and Nicholas actual thoughts? Now that would've been trolling. IC.))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 20, 2012, 09:46:27 am »

((Woah, you two. I don't believe Dwarmin is aiming for that at all.))

Ires nodded, her eyes downcast before looking Desmond in the eyes. While she did like his poetry, and his wordplay to a greater extent, his openness surprised her and caught her unawares.

So she decided to reply in turn. "I just wanted to be sure, Desmond. I'll be honest to you, too. I'm not a hero as said by the books, I don't believe in myself that much, I have had problems in trusting other people before...

But, your words. How you say them, and how you act."
She could feel her tongue tying up, but she wouldn't give in now. Not now! "...and your eyes. I...

I do believe we'll enjoy that dinner muchly."

Why did she feel pins again? She could've easily said it in front of him. But, he did give her time. Time that could be used to think on if he was just entering into flattery and coaxing her in...but that couldn't be true. Not Desmond.

"I like you too, Des. A lot more than a 6/10 rating." she said, returning the smile.

She didn't plan for anything like this to happen. Just a normal dinner, nothing much.

Until she remembered how unique people are.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:04:20 am by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 20, 2012, 10:07:56 am »

((Ah, I'll say my RP is done here, so not to cheapen the moment Tiruin made. Might as well leave some things to the imagination. :P

Also, Remalle can update now, without feeling guilty he's interrupting something.
))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 20, 2012, 10:10:27 am »

((Yep, I'm happy with that as finished. T'was brilliantly fun!))

Edit: ((Yay! I'm fun to RP with  :)) Thanks you Dwarmin! And Caellath along with everyone else!))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:22:00 am by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 20, 2012, 10:14:05 am »

((Yeah!

You know, you're quite a good writer Tiruin, I've seen in this and other games. You can really get into the mind of your character-better than I can-and make them seem real. Makes roleplaying pretty fun with you. ^^))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Turn sixty-two, FINALLY.  That lazy-ass GM should get his act together, right guys?
To answer somebody's question, Tiruin's character sheet didn't make any reference to the origin explosion, thus the slightly different backstory and powers.  As time goes on it's probably going to get harder and harder to justify new heroes coming in, all having the same origin, but I'll cross that bridge when it comes.
Also, AWWWW

As the heroes settled back in to their usual training routine in Aventin, Desmond and Ires got even closer.  Meanwhile,
Agent Fortmüller, underwhelmed by his performance in New York, went back to work on the newly-christened "Warlord" suit.  [3] With some work he redesigned the suit to be modular, but ran into some problems afterward with power allocation and had to fix it, delaying his further plans.
Agent Maxwell brought the team together and asked them for a new codename while she trained her power.  She eventually settled on "Spectra" and informed the Department of her choice, [2] but a few days into training she realized her goal of manipulating metal freely just wasn't happening the way she wanted.
Agent Conners took a trip to the labs, trading in her baton for some new equipment.  Looking around, her eye fell on a pair of sturdy, but light, gauntlets.  Dr. Colt noted her choice with satisfaction.
"That's one of our most reliable pieces of equipment.  Some of our field agents reported a loss in dexterity, so we've developed a system to retract the fingers, leaving your own fingers free.  You'll also notice it's designed to accept various subsystems in the palm - the most popular ones are tasers, lights, speakers, and gas emitters, but if you let me know we can design something more unique."
Lisa took the gauntlets, without any additional subsystems, to train with.  [4] Some sparring later and she felt ready to defend herself.
Agent Green and Agent Reon [5] spent a while practicing tandem maneuvers (-1 to rolls against them if they perform a combat action together) before going on their date.  As they returned to the base afterward, they found Waylon Brown and the team waiting for them in the briefing room.

Once the team was assembled, Brown began briefing.
"We've finished our interrogation of Arthur Crane, the captured terrorist.  He proved surprisingly resilient to our *ahem* techniques, but in the end told us about the next target of The Six.  It's the Benedict building, an office building downtown, and it's scheduled to be blown up in just a few days.  That's all we know.  You're going to make sure it doesn't happen; protect the building for a couple days in advance, regularly sweep it for explosives, that sort of thing.  Any questions?  If not, you'll have a day to prepare for the mission."

« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 04:55:53 pm by Remalle »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 20, 2012, 04:55:53 pm »

Jenny decided to just focus on being able to lift and move metal without actually doing anything else to it; if successful, she planned to have her suit be augmented with pieces of metal in appropriate spots so she could levitate herself and fly about.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 20, 2012, 05:05:17 pm »

Also don't expect an update for a few days, due to a combination of sketchy internet connection and "HOLYFUCKGOD'SWRATHISCOMING", aka Vancouver storms.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 20, 2012, 05:25:45 pm »

Nicholas simply tries again to enhance his suit as aforementioned, but using a copy just for safety matters.

((Too hard to quote due to excessive amount of soap opera. :P))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:41:33 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 20, 2012, 08:16:09 pm »

Lisa makes sure that there are knuckledusters installed in her new gauntletes, grabs a handgun from the armory, and practices using her ability to heal injuries on both herself and others, trying to make it more energy efficient and faster acting.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 20, 2012, 10:36:59 pm »

Desmond knew this was going to be a deadly mission. Maybe fitting, because he had never felt more alive than the last night with Ires.

He decided to use his super brain to absorb knowledge on explosives. Might come in handy...

Action: Do some research on demolitions-where bombs have to be planted to destroy a building-and disarming bombs.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 86