Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177629 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic
« Reply #600 on: May 16, 2012, 11:07:14 pm »

(I know you did, but I didn't want Caellath's effort to go to waste and Remalle said he wasn't going to do it. :3)
((I think there was more than one possible joke, including the obvious "drilling" one.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 17, 2012, 06:19:49 am »

Desmond echoed Ires smile with his own. His heart beat a few notches faster. She really was...

Later, they began to practice fighting as one unit.

Their training mostly centered on cues-not unlike dancing.

"Now, you tap me on the left shoulder...." Desmond said. When he felt Ires lithe hand do so (enjoying the nice little tingle that came with it), he pivoted to the left and crouched down.

"...I duck down, and give you a clear line of fire while covering you in that direction. When you've made your shot, give one sharp whistle, and I'll drop back into position in front of you...alternatively..."

It was, of course, more than just a training session-it was an affirmation of their trust for each other.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 17, 2012, 07:30:50 am »

She nodded in turn, focusing on every little aspect of the fight, scanning for possible directions of attack that would aim for her protector.

"...then we take them at the heels, and go for pinning them down, right?"

Ires noted down his determination, for even if there were no real attackers, he acted with purpose and zeal.

This was going to be one hell of a new career, and she enjoyed every step of it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 17, 2012, 09:25:51 am »

Desmond agreed.

"That's the idea. At close range, If I hit them with a kinetic blast and you with an arrow, we'll knock them out with the shock effect much faster than either of us would have alone. You go low, and I go high.

And, Since you're the markswoman, I'll rely on your judgement for choosing tandem targets. Otherwise, my priority will be primarily defensive, keeping them off you..."

He would explain the tactics as best he could.

Desmond knew Ires weak spot would to be caught in a brutal close quarters combat, with only her fists to defend her, unable to use her bow-his own, being attacked from range by enemies who could bypass his kinetic defenses, or just being swamped by superior numbers he couldn't hope to all beat in a melee.

Their partnership would be a steady one, each balancing out the others weaknesses-Desmond would shield Ires from harm and keep foes from closing with her, giving her a chance to either find strong defensive ground, or just make clear shots under his cover. Ires, in turn, would give him the ranged support-evening the odds from afar.

Later that night...

Desmond silently paced aside his car, straightening the cuffs of of his comfortable jacket. He looked at his watch again. 6:55 Pm.

He could quite remember if Ires was late, or if he was early.

Desmond paced some more, wondering if he had dressed too casually-opting for a warm fleece coat (it was cold tonight), worn in blue jeans, and his favorite fedora. He resisted the inane urge to call Ires on her phone-she wouldn't appreciate the implied lack of trust, he knew. Also, he trusted her. But, what if...

He chased away the what-if's that were bubbling up. He was eager to see Ires tonight-not in superhero uniform, but the real woman underneath. He had a sudden idea-did he really even know the real Ires yet? Who was this woman that intrigued him so?

Ah, the fun part was finding out, he reminded himself with a shaky smile. He checked his watch again...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 19, 2012, 01:20:21 am »

((Very sorry for the late reply, to everyone along with Dwarmin, couldn't do anything due to thunderstorm...))

Post-training

Ires checked the time on her cellphone, indicated by a short beeping tone as she returned it to her coat pocket. She was nearly late, and hoped he didn't mind a few minutes off. Nervousness was all on her, which she tried to stifle with some deep breaths. It was her first time, with working cases not included...

She checked herself once more: a dark colored peacoat with matching pants and a white and grey striped woolen scarf for the weather. Her fashion sense was not that keen, but it was what you could get by with economic limitations. She hoped he wouldn't mind her choice of dressing.

But, this was her new life. She had to remind herself again, whatever he might say, it was from family. Not a stranger who wanted her for trivial matters, but as a friend, and as an ally. The training hours ago proved her correct in that manner.

Feeling any sort of pins and needles go away, she made off to where they agreed to meet, and brought her best attitude with her. It would be nice to see him out-of-duty.

She wondered how everyone else was doing as her footsteps echoed through the night.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 01:24:02 am by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 19, 2012, 01:48:10 am »

Desmond's advanced hearing detected Ires before he saw her-she moved with a natural, almost cat like grace, and her steps were light and measured.

As she came into the sight of the street lamp, Desmond breathed in sharply. Ires was certainly a sight. Her long black hair swaying lightly left and right, was complimented and enhanced by comfortable looking pea coat and pants, all slim, and of a deep dark shade that looked rich, cultured, beautiful. It was almost hypnotic. A heavy scarf rounded out the ensemble, distinctive and bright, indicative he hoped of her feelings tonight-but not enough so to distract one from her eyes.

He didn't stammer. Desmond controlled his impulses-not wanting to move too fast. If anything happened...it would. If not, they would remain very good friends. And, he was sure he could live with that.

"Ah, good evening, Ires. You look...lovely tonight. If you don't mind me saying.

We should get going, yeah?

This place doesn't take reservations, but it fills up pretty quick tonight..."
he said pleasantly, opening the passenger side door for her, politely.

He had a feeling, it would be a good night.

((OOC: Aaaand, about finished with this particular turns RP, on my end. Tiruin can still make his response, obviously, but I don't want to be seen as holding up the turn.))
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 01:51:53 am by Dwarmin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 19, 2012, 04:40:57 am »

((It's my fault.  :-\ Lightning storms do not agree...You never held it up, I was going to reply.))

Ires was gladdened to see Desmond in robust attire, like a gentleman in a Noir setting, totally the opposite of a hardened hero, as his eyes showed her.

She followed the gesture, going inside after responding, "A Good evening to you too, hope that I'm not late, Desmond."

A true gentleman, for even though he was years ahead of her, courtesy was one of his strong points. If only she could break the ice before they got there... She made a note to bring Jenny and the rest something special back.

"Let's get going."

As he took his seat and started the car, she looked out the window for a moment, visualizing the days to come as 'heroes' of the state and city.

The stars were out in full view, despite the lighting, it was beautiful. A full moon illuminated the road and the scene.

She wondered if this night was made so, just for them. It was perfect.

((Yep, I'm holding it up :/ ))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 19, 2012, 01:15:04 pm »

Neither of you are holding it up.  I can't get a turn up 'till mid-Sunday, about twenty-six hours.  Feel free to roleplay as you like.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 19, 2012, 02:23:17 pm »

Desmond spoke first, keeping his eyes on the road. He was also keeping an eye out for everything else. His senses seemed to always be looking for trouble, even when he was relaxing. This didn't stress him out-quite the opposite. He felt calmer, sharper, more alive than ever when he was keeping a lookout for trouble.

He thought Ires might feel the same, but couldn't be sure.

"...I'm glad you agreed to come with me tonight, Ires.

It seems we've been working and training alot lately, and you know, even Heroes like us need a break."

He paused a moment, wondering at a thought.

"Though, I guess we're never really off the clock. If we saw some horrible disaster unfolding..."

Desmond took the moment to open the armrest compartment-inside, was another of Steel Walls masks. For emergencies, of course.

"...Did you bring yours? You know, just in case..." He added, with a smile. Desmond knew he was still a workaholic-this job was alot more fun than the last, though. Woe be to the one who tried to mug the lady and him tonight.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 04:22:18 pm by Dwarmin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 19, 2012, 04:02:52 pm »

((And then Nicholas skydives naked from an airplane and crashes on top of the couple.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 19, 2012, 08:29:54 pm »

((And then Nicholas skydives naked from an airplane and crashes on top of the couple.))
((Why don't you?  :P))

Ires looked at what Desmond was referring to, and brought out her own from the same pocket that held her cellphone.

"Well, yes. Force of habit now, I guess." She chuckled. It was funny, that even though they were the ones taking care of villains and the like, collaborating with the police force, they had to go into hiding behind masks.

Like they were any different from those who protected the state.

Wait...icebreaker!

She didn't want to distract Desmond from his driving, but he seemed competent enough to talk, drive and many other things. The traveling was very smooth. "Strange, we have to mask our identities from those who may wish us harm, but we aren't anything different from police, or soldiers if I could say so.

Fighting for the same cause, and born of the same reason...

If...that reason was that strange explosion days ago. What do you think, Des?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 19, 2012, 08:32:24 pm »

((Are you sure? I'd roll a d2 to choose the one to be teabagged.))
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 20, 2012, 12:52:12 am »

((@Tiruin: Judging by back lore posts, Ires joined the team from Boston. Was she involved in the same explosion in Aventin at Desmond?))

Desmond shrugged, stopping the car at a red light.

"If it wasn't the explosion, I don't know what it could have been. Unless the explosion was just a cover for something.

But, I like to think that things happen for a reason. You and me Ires..to give a good example."

He responded, smiling again.

"In our past lives, if we had met...nothing would have come of it. I wouldn't have known you Ires. I would have gone on living like I had. Which was not very well.

Maybe something, or someone, decided to cut me some slack. I met you, Ires Reon.

And, I've never been happier in my life than right now, sitting here with you. As it is, I have to almost believe in a higher power. Something looking out for people like you and me."

Desmond took a moment to sniffle, something caught in his sinuses...that was more true than anyone would realize. The person had been before was lonely, bitter, depressed. To his current self, he almost seemed an alien entity. The explosion that almost killed Desmond, brought him to life in more ways than one.

He let the conversation pan out for a moment, and then...

"...that doesn't sound too corny, does it? That was quasi-philosophical, next, I should compare your eyes to the luminosity of the moon, or your body to the stars at night-something really fancy and poetic to seal the deal.

Ladies like poets, right?"
He said jovially, raising an eyebrow and grinning.

The red light turned green, and he drove on...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 20, 2012, 03:01:32 am »

((I am not truly sure...Forgive me if I have no knowledge on those places, but I guess so.))
((Are you sure? I'd roll a d2 to choose the one to be teabagged.))
((I don't think Desmond will like it if you touch his car. A moving car.  :P))

As Desmond replied, Ires felt uncomfortable with his words. It wasn't her seatbelt, or her clothing, or her position...but was it what he was trying to say?

It did not matter, she told herself. The silence that followed gave her time to fixate her thoughts. If what he was saying was true, in more ways than one, then she had to agree - due to the fact that she felt similarly when with him and the rest. New lives, new paths. Would it have been the same if this had not occured?

Was this all a twist of fate?

"...that doesn't sound too corny, does it?..."

She giggled, after letting him finish. Returning his gesture with her own smile, "It usually depends on the lady, sir. Everyone likes a compliment.

But what matters, is that you mean it, my poet."

It took her a while to comprehend what exactly she said, but the silence that followed was more of a tranquil, serene tone. It was like talking to a close friend now.

Why did she feel uncomfortable anyway?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 20, 2012, 03:28:25 am »

((Dawwwww, oh you two lovebirds.  :P And to think that the only thing I can RP right now is Lisa getting thrown aroud like a rag doll by a kung-fu master.))
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 86