Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177616 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (wheeeeeeeeSPLAT)
« Reply #585 on: May 16, 2012, 08:50:03 am »

((You're in the vents, it might not be a good idea to try shooting in such close range with a bow.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Turn the sixty-first.

Agent Green tore off the vent cover, [3] reached inside, and grabbed the assassin's ankle, but Jenny's body got in the way and he was unable to drag him out of the duct.
Agent Conners stayed beside Desmond as he struggled to pull the sniper out, keeping an eye out for any tricks.
Agent Maxwell [1] stayed unconscious.
Agent Fortmüller [3] punched a small hole in the wall and stuck his dart gun through.  [3+1] Due to the cramped quarters missing really wasn't possible, and he stuck the sniper easily.  The sniper retained consciousness but his head began to droop.
Agent Reon rolled a flashbang down the vent, [6+1] blinding both the sniper and herself in the cramped duct.
With effort and Lisa's help Desmond dragged the assassin out of the air duct, finishing the job the tranq dart and flashbang started with a punch.  Ires and Nicholas got Jenny out of the vent and woke her up as the team dragged the sniper to the police.
As the mayor spoke about his brilliant plan to end the Silver Hammer threat, the team, local heroes, and police conferred.
"This guy... he's a contract killer we've been tracking for the past couple of years.  Slippery bastard.  Goes by Jacob Wesker, but we don't think that's his real name.  You've done real good."
"You have New York City's gratitude."
Soon the heroes were back in Aventin, satisfied with a job well done.

Agents Green, Fortmüller, Maxwell, Reon and Conners have completed their latest assignment!  Equipment and health is restored.

The mission in New York was very high-profile, and the heroes are starting to be greatly recognized!
Desmond Green gains [2] reputation.  Fighting in the shadow of The Electrician, he wasn't as noticeable as the others.
Nicholas Fortmüller gains [4] reputation.  Despite crashing his battle suit, twice, he stood out a lot.
Jennifer Maxwell gains [9] reputation!  Whispers of her are beginning to be heard all around the country.  People sometimes stop her on the street to ask for autographs.
Ires Reon gains [1] reputation.  She just wasn't as visible as Nicholas was.  Some news outlets have referred to her as "Straight Arrow", which per tradition is adopted as her codename, no matter how much she complains.
Lisa Conners gains [2] reputation.  Despite people complaining about feeling weak every time she's around, her showing has earned her some respect.  The media call her "Life Force", and it becomes her codename.
Until the next mission, the team can train or go on street patrol.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:06:44 pm by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic
« Reply #587 on: May 16, 2012, 02:29:51 pm »

Nicholas examined the suit. His performance had been underwhelming and shameful, but he was not going to give up on his idea. He wanted to get his mastery of suits up to a level he could think about creating different equipment to assist each of his companions' abilities during missions. For the moment, he used the knowledge obtained in his last mission to make the suit extremely modular and reliable, so he could make modifications and reroute power to different functions in the stage of operations.
Nicholas, of course, goes on to enhance the suit. If he has any time remaining and his first attempt failed, he tries again. If he didn't fail, he starts to develop a substitute for heavy plastic; more resilient, lighter and overall better than its predecessor.

Edit: the Suit is being named Warlord.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 12:13:58 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 16, 2012, 02:47:42 pm »

Jenny decided now was definitely the time for a new codename. She polled Nicholas, Desmond, Ires, and Lisa about possible non-copyrighted names a woman who can bend electromagnetism to her  will might have. She also decided to train that further, until she was able to manipulate metal at her whim. (Hopefully.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 16, 2012, 07:07:27 pm »

"How about Magnita?" Lisa offered. She was personally quite happy with her code name, it showed both sides of her abilities, to preserve life and also to be able to take it away. Suitable indeed. Speaking of suits...

Talk to the engineers and have them incorporate armored gauntlets into my suit, with built in knuckledusters too. Then turn in my baton and train unarmed combat, preferably with someone who knows what they are doing.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 16, 2012, 07:46:48 pm »

Desmond offered his own-

"I would go with 'Spectra'.

Sounds suitably mysterious, you think?"

Given the applications of Jennys powers-and her own personality-were wide and varied, he thought it was a perfect fit.

Later he mentioned to Ires...

"You know, I've been thinking-we make a good team, Ires. In lots of ways. Why don't we try to build on that?

I've thought of some things we could practice, so we'd coordinate better in the field. Ideally, I'm the wall and your the archer. Together we make a fortress."
Desmond said, smiling.

Then, he took a moment to breath...and made a leap of faith.

"...and, if I may be so bold, I still owe you a dinner-pizza in the medical wing only counts half way. What say, you and me, tonight? I know this Mongolian BBQ place..." he trailed off, hopefully.

Action: If she agrees, train tandem combat maneuvers with Ires, so we fight better as a pair.

Otherwise, go on a lonely street patrol.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 16, 2012, 07:59:49 pm »

((I would like to note a bed is pretty uncomfortable for combat drills.))

Nicholas barely lifted his head as Jenny came by to ask about a better codename.

"Pulsar? Strata (as in the electron layers)? I am not very good with those, I am not very fond of common HQs."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 16, 2012, 08:14:01 pm »

Must... avoid... obvious... joke...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 16, 2012, 08:17:53 pm »

((Do not avoid it, I spent so much effort in laying it for someone :P))
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:20:09 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 16, 2012, 08:22:04 pm »

(Guess I'll wait and see if Tiruin suggests one, then roll 1d6 (1 for Zako, 2 for Dwar, 3/4 for Caellath, 5 (and maybe 6) for Tiruin, and if he only suggests one then 6 will be a re-roll or something. Also, let them train endurance that way if they want. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 16, 2012, 08:26:42 pm »

(Guess I'll wait and see if Tiruin suggests one, then roll 1d6 (1 for Zako, 2 for Dwar, 3/4 for Caellath, 5 (and maybe 6) for Tiruin, and if he only suggests one then 6 will be a re-roll or something. Also, let them train endurance that way if they want. :P)
((So you are rolling for the result? I hope Tiruin throws in two goofy names. Also, rawrrrr, endurance.))
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 16, 2012, 08:46:16 pm »

((...You guys. :P

I really did mean, literal combat training. Naturally. ^^))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 16, 2012, 08:59:53 pm »

(I know you did, but I didn't want Caellath's effort to go to waste and Remalle said he wasn't going to do it. :3)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 16, 2012, 11:02:38 pm »

((I love being in the background  :P Go Huntress, people won't know me! Also, darn'it!))

"Hey Jenny, try 'Storm'. Wait, that seems to be copyrighted by another hero...

I'll try later. Spectra sounds good, though I'm not sure how that went to wavelengths...

'Click'? 'Tempest'? Um, I'm bad with names. Guess I have to...stick with my own codename."
She added a bit of mumbling in on her new codename afterwards.

. . .

Do so, with Desmond.

Ires had the unusual habit of picturing certain images in a form of a story, at his mention of a fortress, her mental eye came upon those made in the medieval-renaissance era, with towers and spires made in the gothic style of architecture. Parapets and fortifications marking most of it, with spaces enough to field a whole cavalcade of mounted infantry.

Perhaps she was going too far?

"Heh, you don't owe me anything, Desmond. I can take care of that part by myself, though I do like your taste in the culinary field, BBQ sounds great!" She smiled, the place sounded tempting and satisfying just by how he described it.

"And, I'm truly up for a training session together. Would be pretty fun."

Suggest to pay for our dinner.

((I'm not really sure about that. Fighting an animated bed would make unarmed combat better.))
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 11:09:31 pm by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 16, 2012, 11:06:27 pm »

([1d6 = 2] so...)

Jenny also files an official request to get her codename changed to Spectra and have that name circulated out among the people. She also customizes her outfit slightly by recoloring it to be dark purple with silver highlights, so she can stand out among her unit.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 86