Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177549 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Now with no maps!)
« Reply #405 on: April 29, 2012, 06:13:46 pm »

Nicholas hauls his prototype armor and wears it. Not perfect, but it would probably do.
"Do you have a dart attachment for my rifle? I kind of forgot to bring one. Also, do those 'Hammers' usually murder, and if yes, who do they target?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 29, 2012, 06:16:03 pm »

((just reposting this instead of editing :P ))

...After the question, Desmond spoke to his teammates.

"I'm not hot on splitting up either-but, it's about the only way we'll get them to show. The Hammers are smart enough to run when outnumbered.

Here's my idea for the split...

Nicholas and Ires take central park-where you'll get the best range and clear sight lines for your weapons. Less people, less chance of friendly fire.

Jennifer and Lisa, I would send you both to times square. Lots of people there, but your powers are not likely to cause unintended damage. Frankly, I also think thats where they are most likely to attack. You're both fast-and you'll need to be able to respond quickly. Lisa's also new-I'd prefer she have some backup on her first mission.

That leaves me-I'll defend the UN headquarters with whoever they assign me. Generally, because I can expect some VIP's to get caught in the crossfire, and I'm the best to keep them safe.

So, what do you all think?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 29, 2012, 06:18:29 pm »

(Saw it before the edit/repost. >.>)

Jenny nodded. "That's fine with me. I can keep an eye on the new girl for ya." She patted Lisa's shoulder. "We haven't been introduced yet, have we? I'm Jenny." Her code name was NOT being mentioned until she could think of a better one that she didn't get for accidentally blinding herself multiple times with flashbangs.

Follow Desmond's plan!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 29, 2012, 06:20:58 pm »

Desmond nodded.

"And...ah, Jeez. I don't even think I told you my name, Lisa. I'm Desmond Green-Mr. Steel Wall. Don't call me the team leader, we haven't voted on that yet." He said, smiling.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 29, 2012, 06:49:10 pm »

"I am Nicholas or Fire Fighter. Desmond is nailing Ires and he is also too cocky for his own good. Don't ask Jenny's nickname, I am not that much of a douche to reveal it."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 29, 2012, 07:03:59 pm »

Desmond thought for a moment.

"Sounds easy enough. What's making them so dangerous, anyway? Equipment? Powers? Or are they just crazy?"
"Weapons and crazy.  Not many cops are able to deal when they see a buncha guys running around with RPGs, right?  So they've killed a whole lotta people in a few weeks and we can't nail 'em because they keep vanishing when we show up, and the mayor has the bright idea to use all the heroes he can find in order to save his reputation.  Sorry, I mean in order to save the city."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 29, 2012, 10:27:56 pm »

"I would have prefered the close quarters of the empire state building, but your plan sounds fine. I could hack into the cameras all around the square, as well as the other locations so to keep a better eye out for them."

Lisa took the next moment to shake all the hands of everyone that she hadn't met before formally, spending a little bit of energy for each handshake to send a burst of energy into her teammates. A little positive reinforcement wouldn't hurt, and it was important that she learn to trust these guys and for them to do the same with her.

"As for my name, I'm Lisa Conners. I don't really have a codename yet, so for this mission perhaps you guys should give me one? I work best up close, and if I can grab one of these guys, I can take him in alive as long as I hold on to him long enough and I can also make you lot feel better at my own undoing as long as I touch you."

Taking a deep breath to steady her nerves, Lisa looked over the their contact.

"You wouldn't mind lending me a pistol of some kind would you? It would be nice to have something with a bit of range and I forgot to get one before we left. But other than that, I think we have this handled if these guys are as good as I hear they are."

Stick to the plan of Steel Wall over there, borrow a handgun if possible and when I arrive at the target area, hack into the camera network around the square and reroute all their feeds back into the command center for this mission for the techies to monitor.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 29, 2012, 10:40:10 pm »

"I am Nicholas or Fire Fighter. Desmond is nailing Ires and he is also too cocky for his own good. Don't ask Jenny's nickname, I am not that much of a douche to reveal it."
((Wait, I don't think Nicholas knows of what happened in the Hospital Ward so he can't know this.

Unless...secret surveillance!  :o Hidden Cameras!  :o Or that time back in the last mission!!  :O))

Ires nodded in turn. "The plan is sound with me, I'd be happy to work with Nicholas. Though, I should think of a better nickname."

Go along with the plan of Desmond!

Later on...
"Well, it's just you and me, Nicholas."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 29, 2012, 10:47:19 pm »

"Well, it's just you and me, Nicholas."
Nicholas examines his armor before turning to her.
"Yeah. And about that video...I guess I'll turn it in. It was fun to tease you for a while, but it gets old fast...Oh wait, I made several copies on different Internet servers. It may take some time to get rid of those."
>Yes?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 30, 2012, 12:27:57 am »

Oh, and Caellath, can I have the specs of your prototype mech?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 30, 2012, 04:27:40 am »

((Sure, I'll create them.))
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 30, 2012, 07:47:43 am »

Desmond shook Lisa's hand, feeling fairly invigorated. He supposed her powers related to the transfer of energy...which meant he was a living battery of kinetic power. They would have to talk tactics with her later.

Afterwards, he raised a hand, smiling warmly looking over at Ires while he did so.

"Hmm, and to forestall any rumors, there has been no 'nailing' between I and Agent Reon, as Nichloas insinuated.

Our relationship is strictly professional, for now."

It took a moment for him to realize he had added 'for now'. Way to be transparent, he thought, a blush flashing across his face. Desmond supposed-if the next mission went well-he might ask her out on a real date. New York had fairly good pizza, he remembered...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:50:54 am by Dwarmin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 30, 2012, 01:45:07 pm »

Oh, and Caellath, can I have the specs of your prototype mech?
((It just occurred me, what do you mean by specs? Appearance, built-in weaponry, overall resilience?))
>Yes?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 30, 2012, 02:14:22 pm »

Oh, good question.  Overall size, weaponry, and construction were what I was looking for.  Appearance and power source occurred to me later.  Plus any additional details I should know about.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 30, 2012, 02:41:15 pm »

((It works more like a big power armor at the moment so...
Prototype Battle Suit - Unnamed - Created by Nicholas
Size: Around 7 feet tall.
Weaponry: Axe, Small wrist-mounted flamethrower (ahaha). Keeping a larger sniper rifle slung on the back to keep shooting people in the face.
Construction: Prototype, so it is not very reliable. Made it anti-EMP and hacking, though. The optical receptors have the same properties as the facemask and the suit is built to enhance the wearer's physical strength. It has a good flexibility to keep the mobility of the user. Has a failsafe system to allow deactivation of systems and user escape.
Materials: Layers of heavy plastic, insulating layer beneath.
Power Source: Background Energy Collection, some extra batteries.
Overall, I need to work on it after this mission. It'll probably break down and give me problems like hell, but I think it can withstand way more punishment than my flesh and bone body.))
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 03:34:59 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 86