Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177524 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Now with no maps!)
« Reply #345 on: April 27, 2012, 11:04:02 am »

((Heh, mistakes in RP. Yeah.

Also, that means hes blushing.  :P))

"They won't keep you in here that long, Iraes. The Doc twisted it around, but he pretty much admitted they're keeping you here to observe any strange effects of your super powers have on your injured state, things like that...I suppose, they don't want you transform into a werewolf or something while no one is looking...you are looking a little scruffy, though. *And* it is a full moon, tonight..."

"Humor aside..."

Ires turned away with a giggle, the man knew much on mythology and a bit of humor on the side - albeit dry, it matched her own, or so she could say. Also, this wasn't to be a month of bedridden healing!

She pretended to stare into her slice, letting his words wash over her. She smiled once more, her thoughts going along the lines like a ship riding the waves at sea - in rhythm and flow. The words were filled with a certain kind of feeling in them, passion or vision, she guessed. 'Steel Wall' really sounded like a good other-name for him, being the shield and sentinel, he spoke like one. And for a moment, she could forget the woes of modern day: of how her job may be lost, of what repercussions may happen due to their actions, of what color of handwrap to bring on the next mission...This moment, she could tell, he was trying to tell her something.

...Heh, I hope that didn't come off too sappy. Pizza makes me philosophical.

But, to really put a pin on it-I'm becoming a better person because I know you, Iraes-and, I'm really glad to count you as my friend. More than just a friend, actually. A partner."

She turned to look at him with the same smile, for she guessed he was speaking the intangible truth. From her years delving in books and stories (Architecture takes time.), it is said that bonds between people are forged by mutuality and equality, as proven by how everyone worked in the last missions. A dose of philosophy was good at times, even better currently, for she nothing else to do but recuperate and examine the medical devices nearby.

With his last word, she raised her slice as one raises a glass of wine in honor of a thing; even if the whole event looked silly: her feeling of nervousness lost to the fact that she didn't lose her old life - that she gained a new one, with people who were mere strangers hours ago. "Well then, as we three here are witness, this is to a new partnership, and better yet, a new family!"

She could feel really warm, it must've been the thick cotton bedsheets, but her face wasn't covered...

((I got many "Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post." while doing this.))

Spoiler: Total OOC (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 27, 2012, 11:09:37 am »

((...So if we are family does that mean Green'll be Papa Wolf and Ires Mama Bear?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 27, 2012, 11:17:17 am »

You guys are so cute :D
Nirur Torir, sorry to see you go.
Zako, welcome to the game!  I'll need you to post one bit of training and one piece of equipment you want before you get assigned your superpower.  If I'm merciful you won't get the ability to turn into a stepladder, or something.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 27, 2012, 11:20:24 am »

((Give him the power of noodle limbs so he can have smooth moves.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 27, 2012, 11:27:50 am »

(What, like Reed Richards/Luffy?)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 27, 2012, 11:56:42 am »

"I'll eat to that." He said, tension vanishing. It was good. This was good.

His mood remarkably improved, Desmond smiled, and 'clinked' his slice of pizza to Iraes-the common man and womans toast if there ever was one.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 27, 2012, 01:48:40 pm »

You mean, so 'she' can have smooth moves. I'm playing a female this time, just to shake things up. And as for the conversation above: D'aaawwwwww  :D

For my piece of equipment, I'll take a Hackers PDA, which is basically a PDA with all the programs and physical tools that I would need to hack into a computer of some kind, including jury rigging a way in!

As for training, I'll learn how to hack into and how to take control over machines.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 27, 2012, 01:57:52 pm »

After finishing his assignments, Nicholas goes to the hospital, but upon watching the scene he decides, for a change of pace, not to interfere in Desmond's threesome. He calls Green's cellphone (or sends a SMS, whichever works).
"You owe me one. And a pizza to boot."
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 02:03:18 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Thirty-Seven! In which d'awwwwww you guys
« Reply #353 on: April 27, 2012, 04:29:26 pm »

Turn thirty-seven.  Nirur Torir will be missed, I liked his power.  It was difficult coming up with a power that complemented Zako's chosen specialty, so I... didn't.

Thomas Jackson smiled and accepted Desmond's pizza when he dropped by, but privately he'd already made his decision.  Moving at four times the speed of everyone else wasn't the greatest ability when you were trying to work with a team, so he'd discussed a transfer with Waylon Brown after the debriefing.  With some reluctance, Brown agreed.  The announcement was soon made to the whole team.
"Okay, we've got some unfortunate news.  Agent Jackson has decided to take his talents elsewhere, and I've decided that he's got enough experience now to go to Boston and work solo there.  On the other hand, one of the survivors of the explosion, one Lisa Conners, has come out of her coma and is beginning to exhibit powers, so she'll be replacing Agent Jackson on the team.  I think you've got all got enough experience now to show her the ropes."

Agent Maxwell went for a walk after the announcement, wanting to clear her head.  [4] After a couple hours walking up and down Main Street and looking inside all the shops, she looked down an alleyway and noticed someone smashing the window of a car.
Agent Fortmüller tried to continue applying himself to his robotics training but found he'd learned about as much as he could.  Instead he focused on the powered armour suit he was building.  [1] He discovered some flaws in his previous design, and fixing them set his progress back significantly.
Agent Green worked on developing his powers, trying to work out how to make a directed ranged attack.  [5] It took very little effort for him to figure out how to shoot directed concussive blasts from his hands, feet, or mouth, with great accuracy and range.  Afterwards he visited Ires with a pizza.
Agent Reon had a lovely time with Desmond as she recovered from her wound, but was unable to get any of the medical training she wanted to do done.
Agent Conners received the same basic training and equipment as the other field agents when she arrived, in addition to some basic hacking training and a PDA with various tools on it.  According to the scientists, she was able to touch a living object and drain its energy, leading to exhaustion, unconsciousness, or death to the target and energy to herself, or perform the action in reverse, accelerating the healing rate and energy level of a person in exchange for her own exhaustion.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 27, 2012, 07:36:03 pm »

Desmond was standing in a meditative stance, his hands folded like a monk.

He concentrated, and felt the harmonic energies within him align-it was like nothing he had ever felt. A perfect balance of positive and negative forces. A thrumming power rolled through his bones, causing the hairs on the back of his neck to stand up. He felt like he was on fire-but, this was a good burn. A cleansing heat.

All it needed to finish was a spark of emotion-the crucial part he had been missing, up till now. The spark helped him control it. It turned random destructive energy into a directed attack.

Just a spark...he focused on thoughts of Ires, thought of the dawn light on her face, how so very beautiful they were-and smiled, stepping forward with a shout-pitching his fist forward in an left hook.

A streaming bolt of orange and yellow flew from his outstretched hand, jumped across the field faster than his eye could track it, and blew a wooden target dummy to flinders-and left a crater he could probably have jumped into.

The geeks couldn't really tell him why the kinetic beam was that specific color, or even how. It wasn't like Jennifers power-he wasn't absorbing any light radiation. He supposed it might be mental, a reflection of his inner thoughts upon release. When he had tried to concentrate on more negative thoughts, it had been dark red. Like dried blood. More silly thoughts naturally produced a beam that was an embarrassing shade of hot pink...he'd have to be careful about using that one, lest he be vexed.

He surveyed his work evenly. That had been a pretty powerful hit, he mused-he had thrown alot of power into that, going as long as he could. It really did feel good to just go all out like that...but, he had practiced control. He knew he was able to have just as easily taken off the dummys head with minimal force.

But, for now, he was done. That much power had left him starving-literally. He needed a few good meals to recharge, and a nice sparring session or six...

His PDA chirped at him. It was from Nichloas.

"You owe me one. And a pizza to boot."

He replied in kind, tapping slowly,

"I guess I do, kid. You like Hawaiian?"

((OOC: @Remalle/Do we get another action before the next mission on this turn? Also, is Tiruin's char healed yet? :P ))
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:49:49 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 27, 2012, 07:40:54 pm »

Jenny promptly threw her grapnel at his ankles to drag him off of his feet and over to her, where she could knock him out with a fist to the back of the head and cuff him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 27, 2012, 07:58:50 pm »

((OOC: @Remalle/Do we get another action before the next mission on this turn? Also, is Tiruin's char healed yet? :P ))
I'm going to have SC finish her patrol before I'll accept any more actions, but yeah, once she's done I'll have the next mission ready and you can do your last-minute prep actions like last time.  And yeah, she's out, unless you want to continue playing as if she's not.  Great roleplaying by the way.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 27, 2012, 10:10:47 pm »

((Dwarmin does that.  :P

And as we're waiting...))

Wait.

Ires returned to the Medical Ward, where she stayed for most of her part while the others were away. Though, in a sadder tone, Thomas left on his own, away from them. And she just barely got to know him!

Still, Desmond's speech stirred up something inside her. Were there others that held the same powers? If so, then why and what were the reasons that they (and to a smaller degree, we), specifically received them? It was due to The Six, as she could guess, but why would a terrorism group attempt to destroy and convert others? There must be something missing.

The Sun shone bright out of the window, it's warm rays were refreshing to Ires. She began whistling a tune of her childhood while thinking how to repay Desmondfor his generosity, and the others for just being there. What did she learn again in Arts & Crafts?

Edit: GM: I see that titles to your posts. Edit the OP title!  :P
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 10:16:20 pm by Tiruin »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 27, 2012, 10:37:25 pm »

((Oooo... Interesting power...))

It was midnight when Lisa woke out of her coma, and the first thing she sensed was the smell of disinfectant. When she sat up and rubbed the sleepyness out of her eyes, she heard a sudden yell of shock and turned to see a nurse had fainted outright in front of her. After some tests from the doctors which confirmed that she was doing fine, great actually considering how people usually are when coming out of comas, Lisa learned that she had recovered far faster than others had for reasons which had stumped the doctors. Later still, when the scientists were doing their tests, she learned that she had been unconciously draining the nurses and doctors that touched her while doing tests or adjusting their instruments while she slept.

It was some time after that when Lisa had finished her training, which was made a bit more difficult when the instructors wouldn't dare touch her in lessons, that she was cleared to go on actual missions, and was assigned to a team that had recently lost a member due to personal request for a change in region. After learning that one of the team had been injured enough to stay in medical for a few days and was still in there, she decided to make a positive impact on the team by visiting.

Lisa's hand trembled for a moment as she paused before knocking on the door. She didn't know these people, or how they would respond to her abilities, but she had to make a good impression before they made a bad one themselves. After knocking, she called out without opening the door, nerves tingling with a mix of excitement and a little bit of fear, though she wouldn't admit it.

"Hello? Is this the room for Ires?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 27, 2012, 10:50:37 pm »

Ires turned at the sound, stopping her tune. The voice couldn't be the nurse, or she wouldn't be wondering about the room. But she also didn't see any of those door-labels on the...door.

"Come in!"

She stood up and opened the door, expecting the nurse but was surprised to see someone she didn't know of. A visitor, perhaps? No, anyone who knew her before that incident must've forgotten, due to the government's intervention.

"Oh, hello there. Yes, this is my room, but I'm not here for medical reasons, just enjoying the view from this area." She pointed out the window. "I...um, excuse my asking, but I don't recognize you. I'm Ires Reon." On a hunch, she decided to inquire without doubt, for once. "You must be Lisa Conners?"
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 86