Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177535 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Now with no maps!)
« Reply #330 on: April 26, 2012, 10:55:52 pm »

"Well, you two have fun. I'm going to go take a walk, clear my head a bit." Jenny waved at the others, then left.

Jenny goes on patrol; if choice of route is available, she chooses the area with the most stores so she can window-shop as she does so.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 26, 2012, 10:57:50 pm »

Nicholas shrugged and headed back to his studies.

He studies even more robotics (learn how to make things EMP and hacking-proof!!) and finishes that power armor.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:55:28 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 27, 2012, 12:20:00 am »

Green just nodded absently at his mild rebuke.

"I did what I had to keep shots from being fired between friendlies. If I'd have had a better choice, I would have taken it."

He was quiet for most of the trip 'home', lost in his own thoughts...

---

Later, he decided to work on his technique some, looking for a breakthrough...he was hoping to be able to actually use directed blasts of energy, but his efforts up till now had been nothing short of catastrophic. He'd need more control to keep from blowing himself and teammates up while he did so.

Action: Work on further developing my energy absorption abilities into a ranged attack form.

----
And yet later...

Desmond visited Iraes and Jackson in the medical wing of HQ, later that night. Both of them were on the mend-protocol was protocol, of course, and Docs wouldn't let either ofthem roam very far-even if their injuries were healing very rapidly. He had tried to convince them, but no dice...

He was carrying a long and flat satchel in one arm.

"Well, good evening Iraes, Jackson. I was surprised they're still keeping you here... I tried to strongarm the nurse, but she's pretty insistent you both stay for 'observation'. We'll have to rain check on the Mongolian BBQ party.

Oh, but for tonight, whats in the box beats hospital food, for sure."
Desmond said, opening it with a dramatic flourish-it was, in fact, a pineapple and ham pizza. It smelled quite good. And would taste even better.

"It's good right? Jenny told me the place she used to work at-they make a damn good slice.

Really, I just didn't like the thought of you two laying in here all by yourselves. How could I enjoy this without your fine company, Iraes?"
He asked, smiling easily. It was easy to smile with Iraes around. He liked that, quite much.

He took the time to sit down by Iraes, enjoying a moment of companionable silence as they began to eat...because, he had absolutely no idea what he was going to say next to her. Just sitting by her was causing his blood to rush to all sorts of places.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:21:44 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 27, 2012, 01:09:44 am »

...wait, are you having a three-way date between yourself, Ires, and Thomas?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 27, 2012, 01:33:44 am »

@Rem: Desmond is merely bringing foods to his injured colleagues.

He's just particularly interested in speaking and being with Ires. In fact, Thomas dose not quite exist right now. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 27, 2012, 03:25:51 am »

((We both fail in diplomacy, wow!

Also, I and myself are both surprised at the generosity!))

Ires was disappointed that she couldn't join in on the next mission due to a grazing wound, but as the body is a structure, even a single weakness could compromise the entity and make repairs harder; or, that was what her Architecture/Anatomy book said, anyway.

She then proceeded to the infirmary after they returned.

. . .

Mulling on the idea of what-to-do while everyone else was busy, Ires decided to make use of her stay in the place, trying to learn more about anatomy and healing on the field.

It was night, a beautiful time of day. As she stared out the window of her bed, she could make out the numerous constellations of an archaic time, mythological basis and fact. The stories were wonderful and brought another smile to her face, despite the nagging pain in her healing wound.

She snapped back to reality upon hearing a familiar voice and smelling a wondrous aroma.

"Well, good evening Iraes, Jackson. I was surprised they're still keeping you here... I tried to strongarm the nurse, but she's pretty insistent you both stay for 'observation'. We'll have to rain check on the Mongolian BBQ party.

Oh, but for tonight, whats in the box beats hospital food, for sure."
Desmond said, opening it with a dramatic flourish-it was, in fact, a pineapple and ham pizza. It smelled quite good. And would taste even better.

"It's good right? Jenny told me the place she used to work at-they make a damn good slice.

Really, I just didn't like the thought of you two laying in here all by yourselves. How could I enjoy this without your fine company, Iraes?"

It was Desmond!

"Good Evening to you too, Desmond. We're very grateful that you came to visit us, given our state." She took a slice after being offered and ate it - she was also given medication for her allergy, so this time was better than she could imagine, moreso with the atmosphere. "Send Jenny my regards, they do make good pizza!"

She paused a while, noticing the cheer on his face. Um, seeing as you and the others would be going into the next mission without us, well, it's just perfect that even in the little time we've had together, we're all working like close allies and friends. It's like, a better life. Better company."

For all the training she had, just speaking to the man caused her to falter in her train of thought. What could she do in this time...

((Hope I changed the time to reflect night correctly:P))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 27, 2012, 04:24:40 am »

Can't wait for my character to get in this game... Hopefully the GM will be nice and give me a cool power, but anything that I can't do via powers I can hopefully either avoid or replace with technology since I'm gonna be the team's techie guru.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 27, 2012, 05:58:37 am »

Just sitting by her was causing his blood to rush to all sorts of places.
((...Oh naughty boy.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 27, 2012, 08:49:52 am »

((I'm going to drop this and let someone from the waiting list in. I've had my fun.))

"Alright, Hawaiian, my favorite. Thanks for not just leaving us to the mercy of the nurses."

Hmm, he's probably just here for Ires. I'll tell them my decision later, rather than spoil the mood .. and maybe grab more than my share of the pizza while they're distracted and ignoring me.
It's just too hard working in a team that's going a quarter of my speed.

Seek intensive infiltration training and become a solo NPC agent.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 27, 2012, 08:51:24 am »

((I'm going to drop this and let someone from the waiting list in. I've had my fun.))

((We'll miss your presence.  :-\))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 27, 2012, 09:59:42 am »

((OOC: I don't know if you guys read it exactly, but you're chars are not sitting out the next mission-just the training/patrol part. That's just what Tiruins RP is implying.

Also, sorry to see you go Nirur. I hope you didn't just have a minor ragequit because you thought that, lol.

Welcome to the game, Zako! Here's hoping you don't get an animal based power. :P ))

It was Desmond!

"Good Evening to you too, Desmond. We're very grateful that you came to visit us, given our state." She took a slice after being offered and ate it - she was also given medication for her allergy, so this time was better than she could imagine, moreso with the atmosphere. "Send Jenny my regards, they do make good pizza!"

She paused a while, noticing the cheer on his face. Um, seeing as you and the others would be going into the next mission without us, well, it's just perfect that even in the little time we've had together, we're all working like close allies and friends. It's like, a better life. Better company."

For all the training she had, just speaking to the man caused her to falter in her train of thought. What could she do in this time...

He took a bite of pizza, and abruptly decided it Heaven didn't have pizza like this, it wasn't a place he wanted to go.

"They won't keep you in here that long, Iraes. The Doc twisted it around, but he pretty much admitted they're keeping you here to observe any strange effects of your super powers have on your injured state, things like that...I suppose, they don't want you transform into a werewolf or something while no one is looking...you are looking a little scruffy, though. *And* it is a full moon, tonight..."

Desmond replied, raising one eyebrow questioningly, bubbling humor touching his words.

He laughed, hoping she would laugh too-and steeled his nerves in that moment. Another bite of pizza helped.

"Humor aside...I know what you mean. I'm the sort of person, just another workaholic before all this. No time for friends or family or dating, of course. Gotta keep climbing the corporate ladder, etc, etc. Fast tracking to an early grave.

But, things are different, now. I'm coming to see this team as our family. We share all the same dangers, go into the same situations, train, fight, and bleed together...I think...we're all stronger than we've ever been. And, I'm not just talking about the powers. We're stronger as people, as Humans even. Because we're living and fighting for others now, instead of just strictly for ourselves.

Heh, I hope that didn't come off too sappy. Pizza makes me philosophical.

...But, to really put a pin on it-I'm becoming a better person because I know you, Iraes-and, I'm really glad to count you as my friend. More than just a friend, actually. A partner."
He smiled hopefully, letting his words sink in-and, not letting any tension show-and mostly succeeding.

Desmond remembered, as he had been driving back to HQ, pizza in the driver seat-his gaze had been drawn to the window for a moment, where night had been marching inexorably onward. It was awfully beautiful, he thought-the dusky sky was a riot of brilliant orange and luminous gold, oncoming blackness of night and the tender white of scant clouds. The eternal struggle between dark and light.

He came back to the present, and looked back toward Iraes, who seemed to be smiling at him in a hopeful way.

He thought at that moment, honestly-she's truly as radiant as the sun.

And Desmond would later believe, that he began to fall in love with Iraes, right at that moment. Over pizza, awkward but sincere smiles, his thoughts dwelling of the rapidly retreating light of day-hers, on the full dark, with many stars.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 10:16:24 am by Dwarmin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 27, 2012, 10:15:56 am »

And Desmond would later believe, that he began to fall in love with Iraes, right at that moment. Over pizza, awkward but sincere smiles, sharing thoughts of the rapidly retreating light of day-and the full dark, with many stars.
((D'awwwwwww. Oh wait.
Just sitting by her was causing his blood to rush to all sorts of places.
This is still compromising.))
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 27, 2012, 10:20:22 am »

(Er, Caellath. Your attempt to troll Dwar kinda failed the first time; repeating it isn't going to help any. :P Besides, he knows me well enough to know I'd take it the exact same way you did and he wrote it anyway, so he obviously doesn't care.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 27, 2012, 10:24:39 am »

((Sir, he is a true man for sticking to his rush of blood to parts of his body. I salute him.))
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 27, 2012, 10:36:23 am »

((@SC: True. I have to balance out the saccharine somehow. :P ))

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 86