Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177512 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Now with no maps!)
« Reply #315 on: April 26, 2012, 03:10:24 pm »

Desmond grunted, standing in front of only non-super person in their group. It would logically follow, he would have the most to fear from a hail of police bullets.

Why didn't they just extract from the roof, he wondered.

Action: Cover Arthur against a possible hail of police bullets.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 26, 2012, 03:27:33 pm »

Why didn't they just extract from the roof, he wondered.]
((It would not give the GM the opportunity to get us riddled with bullets.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 26, 2012, 05:00:55 pm »

Why didn't they just extract from the roof, he wondered.]
((It would not give the GM the opportunity to get us riddled with bullets.))
Damnit, they're on to me!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Now with 75% fewer maps.)
« Reply #318 on: April 26, 2012, 07:05:34 pm »

((@Cael: I'm supposing Ires is either young-I'm guessing mid 20's-or she's just never had anyone ask her that gentlemanly. :P ))
((This, Caellath, this.  :P

Although, I may make an action to examine myself in the mirror. What can go wrong with a d6?))

Throw another flashbang behind those other people and accompany it with a distracting shot from my bow to NOT hit them.

Look for ways of...escape?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 26, 2012, 07:08:01 pm »

((@Cael: I'm supposing Ires is either young-I'm guessing mid 20's-or she's just never had anyone ask her that gentlemanly. :P ))
((Attractive girls in their 20s are invited to hang out both by boys and girls more times than I have pressed f5 while waiting for the Roll to Dodge board to give me a new post.))
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 07:32:18 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 26, 2012, 07:29:09 pm »

I can't just kill the police. They're not Evil.

Freeze.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Thirty-Five! In which scram guys, it's the cops
« Reply #321 on: April 26, 2012, 08:06:57 pm »

Turn thirty-five.  I'd like to let you know the thought of four heavily armed people in black masks, and one in a security guard uniform, carrying an unconscious body out of a building full of dead and wounded into the arms of the police, made me smile.

Agent Fortmüller mutters out of the side of his mouth.  "Huntress, Flash Light (sorry), I think we need some flashbangs here."  He then has a flash of inspiration to try absorbing energy from the cops' guns, but he's not close enough to do anything so precise with his power.
Agent Maxwell nods at Nicholas.  "On it."  She tosses a smoke grenade and a flashbang, [3+1] [1+1] but her terrible luck with flashbangs continues, as the flash is obscured by the smoke and doesn't affect anybody.
Agent Green decides to shield the target from any stray bullets.
Agent Reon reaches for a flashbang, but realizes she doesn't have one on her.  She fires an arrow in the general direction of the cops instead, aiming not to hit them, [4+1-1] and judging by the sounds from the other side of the smoke cloud it seems they didn't notice.  At the same time she looks around desperately for a way to escape, and notices the small security station from earlier.
Agent Jackson freezes, hands in the air placatingly, but the gesture is lost on the cops through the smoke cloud.

"Surrender now or we will open fire!  Come out of the smoke, hands on your heads, weapons on the ground, now!"
The sound of a helicopter rotor is just barely audible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 26, 2012, 08:11:44 pm »

Nicholas frowns mightily.
"Huntress, could you try diplomacy here?"
He throws a smoke grenade himself if anyone's reasoning fails and if the policemen start shooting.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:37:22 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 26, 2012, 08:28:21 pm »

Jenny cloaks and heads around to behind the officers to observe the situation... and maybe try to create a distraction by stealing one of their cars.

(By the way Jenny was a delivery girl for Domino's so it might not be a good idea to let her do that. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 26, 2012, 08:32:07 pm »

Desmond tried to call out loudly over the din, once the sound of exploding grenades had faded.

"Everybody stop throwing grenades!

And, that's a negative, officers. We're Superpowered Agents of the FDSPA, we've got government authorization to take this man into custody. Interfering with our mission will be considered a felony, and we will defend ourselves. Stand down and await further orders from your superiors, and we'll do the same.

Let us do our job-we're on the same side, dammit."

At that, he signaled the rest of the team to stop hurling grenades, and to sheath their visible weapons. Not that he was sure they would listen.

He spotted Jenny going into a Solid Snake style skulk. He tried to reach her on comm. ~"Flashlight? Can we try not to spook the cops? They're already nervous enough."~

Action: Continue covering target, try to reason with the police to stand down.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 26, 2012, 08:36:24 pm »

((Ok, edited my action, I'll give diplomacy a shot! No pun intended.))
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 26, 2012, 09:11:37 pm »

(Invisible, Dwar... >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 26, 2012, 09:20:51 pm »

Diplomacy!

Ires moved forward and speaks, coinciding with Desmond's words, [INSERT DIPLOMATIC ACT HERE]. She then leaned over to him and pretended to cough, covering up her act. "If they won't believe it, security station, escape."

Hold bow in a relaxed manner.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 26, 2012, 09:32:13 pm »

I never expected having the police point guns at me to be boring. I can't even talk while I'm slowing time ... I wonder if they'd shoot if I complied and walked out of the smoke at four times normal speed. Probably.

Sit down on the ground with my hands clearly visible and not near my weapons.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic Turn Thirty-Six! In which SOMEBODY DIES
« Reply #329 on: April 26, 2012, 10:50:29 pm »

Turn thirty-six.  I like the new more-than-one-turn-a-day pace.  Also, the last mission took a REALLY LONG TIME.

Agent Fortmüller frowns a mighty frown and takes a smoke grenade off his belt, just in case.
"Huntress, could you try diplomacy here?"
Agent Maxwell turns invisible and sneaks off behind the police line.  [5] Unseen, she sneaks into a squad car and revs the engine, causing a few of the police to look around nervously.
Agent Green and Agent Reon try diplomacy.
[1+1] "Everybody stop throwing grenades!
And, that's a negative, officers.  We're Superpowered Agents of the FDSPA, we've got government authorization to take this man into custody.  Interfering with our mission will be considered a felony, and we will defend ourselves.  Stand down and await further orders from your superiors, and we'll do the same.
Let us do our job - we're on the same side, dammit."
The cops look unimpressed.  Over the radio link comes the voice of Mission Control.
"*ahem* Steel Wall, Huntress, the point of not involving the police in the first place was plausible deniability.  Telling the police who you are and where you work is NOT a good idea when you've just kidnapped an upstanding member of society."
Agent Jackson continues to be as non-threatening as possible.  His time distortion effect ends at about the same time as the sound of helicopter blades starts to become deafening.
Looking up, the team sees the black helicopter they came in on landing on the lawn between them and the police.  Four people in powered armour get out from one side and head toward the mansion without a word to the heroes, and two men in black suits get out of the chopper on the other side and head over to speak to the police.  The team boards the helicopter, Arthur Crane is restrained securely, and they head home.

Later, after the debriefing, Waylon Brown informs the team about the aftermath of the mission.
"We sent an HPC squad to close the rift in Crane's mansion.  They did manage it after a while, but couldn't find any more of those white gems we were hoping to find.  Some of the surviving guards have been taken into our custody as suspected low-level members of Crane's organization.  We fed the officers that Agent Green leaked to our official cover story, they're not going to talk, but do try to be more discrete in the future.  Now, dismissed until we get more information from Mr. Crane."

Agents Green, Jackson, Fortmüller, Maxwell, and Reon have completed their latest assignment!  Equipment and health is restored.
Due to the covert nature of the operation, none of the heroes gain nor lose reputation.
Agents Jackson and Reon need to spend some time recovering from their wounds, and won't be able to participate in anything before the next mission.  Starting now (because the GM realized it should be so) the heroes can choose to go on street patrol instead of training.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:53:53 pm by Remalle »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 86