Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177525 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Now with 75% fewer maps.)
« Reply #300 on: April 25, 2012, 09:49:33 pm »

Ires sighed and decided to be the one to apprehend Arthur by unarmed combat.

"Alright. In all my years of Maintenance, I can confirm that bathrooms do not give hallucinations like these."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 25, 2012, 10:15:48 pm »

Desmond, a bit disoriented by the whole...whatever the Hell just happened...looked around. Target secured. And now...

"All right-nobody relax yet, the missions not over. If this guys friends know he's been captured, he's just become an expendable asset to them, and a target. Which means are mission is now to protect him, until we get him into custody. Got it?" He nodded to the assents and grumbles around the room.

Though, watching Nichloas beat on the prisoner (while not completely unenjoyable) was getting on his nerves. Desmond pushed Nichloas back with a grunt.

"...Also, cut that out, Fire Fighter. I'm warning you now."

Now waiting for some insouciant response, he instead began leading-covering the unconscious Arthur with his shield.

Action: Cover Arthur with my shield as we extract him.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 26, 2012, 08:21:11 am »

Help protect the one stupid enough to deal with n-dimensional evil entities.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 26, 2012, 08:28:33 am »

Nicholas rolled his eyes after managing some kicks to Crane's crotch.
"So, Steel Wall, when are you going to ask Huntress out?" He asked Green after turning off his communications system to avoid Control.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 08:57:48 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 26, 2012, 08:50:24 am »

You do realise that pretty much everyone else is in the same room right? Not much point in turning off the radio if they can just hear you talk infront of them. Unless you don't care what they think that is. If so, continue with the hazing my good man!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 26, 2012, 08:54:32 am »

You do realise that pretty much everyone else is in the same room right? Not much point in turning off the radio if they can just hear you talk infront of them. Unless you don't care what they think that is. If so, continue with the hazing my good man!
((My intention is mostly avoiding Control. And yep, will do.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 26, 2012, 09:16:04 am »

Desmond thought for a moment, wondering how he should respond. He supposed Nicholas wasn't such a bad sort, if he got that temper in check. Then again, he was fairly straight forward, and that earned him a good deal of respect.

He did the same to his comm, after moment. HQ didn't exactly need to be informed. They might decide to get irrational-transfers, 'friendly' warnings, reprimands-the whole mess.

When he spoke, it was in a fairly amused voice-though, he was still trying not to drop his guard.

"...well, I was going to ask her when the mission was wrapping up, before the de-briefing...Give us both something to look forward too, afterwards, perfectly timed for emotional effect. And, now you've blown my genius plan into flinders..."

He turned to Iraes and smiled gently, who was hauling the unconscious Arthur with no difficulty.

"Agent Huntress, would you allow me the honor of accompanying you to dinner this evening?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 26, 2012, 09:52:13 am »

Ires looked at Desmond with surprise and slight intrigue. Nobody ever asked her that question before.

"Um, well," she hefted Arthur's arm over her neck and adjusted her grip, "Sure. A group dinner, I take it? Or...I accept either way!

"After our mission of course,"
she finished with a smile.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 26, 2012, 09:56:38 am »

Nobody ever asked her that question before.
((Wow, wtfbbq? That stretches the willing suspension of disbelief of the RtD.))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 26, 2012, 09:57:07 am »

Nobody ever asked her that question before.
((Wow, wtfbbq? That stretches the willing suspension of disbelief of the RtD.))
((Check Bio.  :P))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 26, 2012, 10:23:34 am »

((Checked the bio and nothing says she is an ugly hag.))
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 26, 2012, 10:33:32 am »

Desmond nodded, smiling. He was sure Ires had done this before-she was letting him letting him take it slow and easy, rather than uh, plunging right in-a smooth transition. Wow, my thoughts are sure transparent, he thought to himself.

"Uh, yeah! I figured we'd all go out for some steak burgers, and I know a good Mongolian BBQ place if we all want to go fancy.

I figured to myself, well, we could use the time to get to know each other better, Huntress. Personally, I mean.

But...after the mission, yeah."

Desmond abruptly realized how ridiculous it must sound to be using code names for these matters.

((@Cael: I'm supposing Ires is either young-I'm guessing mid 20's-or she's just never had anyone ask her that gentlemanly. :P ))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Turn thirty-four.  I turn my back for a few hours and when I come back you're all going on dates and being romantic, this is great.

"Welcome back to the land of the sane, team.  The extraction helicopter is just a few minutes away.  They're reporting squad cars headed in your direction, so hang tight and look innocent until we can get you out."
After Nicholas gets his traditional kick in on the unconscious man's crotch and Jenny cuffs him, Desmond and Thomas carry him outside.  Ires mutters something about bathrooms and hallucinations, ready to knock the target back out if he wakes up, and Nicholas teases Desmond, who promptly asks Ires out.
The team makes it to the front lawn without incident, when the police cars show up.  Eight cops get out and level their handguns at the heroes.
"The chopper is just a minute or two away.  Don't engage in combat with the police, please."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Now with no maps!)
« Reply #313 on: April 26, 2012, 02:52:55 pm »

Nicholas looks to the rest of the group.
"Huntress, Flash Light (sorry), I think we need some flashbangs here."

Try to...Uh...Absorb heat from the handguns if the policemen try to shoot, preventing the explosion of the gunpowder? Also, to the choppas! When they do arrive, of course.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 02:59:05 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Now with no maps!)
« Reply #314 on: April 26, 2012, 02:56:48 pm »

"On it." Jenny threw a smoke grenade, then threw a flashbang through the resultant smoke to blind the cops while keeping themselves shielded via the thick cloud.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 86