Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177447 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Sixteen! In which everybody is fully clothed.
« Reply #165 on: April 04, 2012, 01:25:04 pm »

Well this went somewhere I didn't expect it to, and fast.  Now back on track with Turn Sixteen.

At the front gate, our heroes have been spotted and radioed in by a guard!
Agent Jackson reacts first, whipping out his pistol and firing at the guard three times.  [5+1] [3+1-1] [2+1-2] The first shot hits the guard in the chest and goes straight through his heart!  The second grazes his ribs.  The third shot misses entirely and breaks a window in the mansion.  The guard collapses and dies quickly.
Agent Fortmüller looks up from his robot controls and frowns.
"I could have tranq'd that one too, you know."
Agent Reon uses the guard uniform's radio to signal an all-clear.  [4+1]
"We're all clear at the front gate, fired a few shots to chase the intruders off."
The radio crackles back an affirmative.  Suspicion has lifted for now.
Ires then checks the guards' bodies for anything useful.  She finds two keycards, a radio, one semi-automatic pistol (15/2), and one submachine gun (30/2).
Finally, she begins moving toward the mansion, acting like a guard.
Agent Green follows Ires, staying out of sight but prepared to act if anything happens.

Meanwhile, inside the mansion...
Agent Maxwell, invisible, slowly opened the door and checked her surroundings.  A single guard was staring at the mysteriously opening door, [4+1] but was quickly choked into unconsciousness by Jenny, who dragged the body into the bathroom and locked it behind her.  Looking around, she saw that she was in the middle of a long empty corridor, with doors dotting the entire length.
"Flash Light, this is Mission Control.  Satellite thermal scans show a large concentration of guards in one of the rooms next to you, but we can't be sure which floor they're on.  Stay sharp."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Reserve your spot today!)
« Reply #166 on: April 04, 2012, 01:26:46 pm »

>Check the keycards for what rooms they must be linked to.

>Listen for any other footsteps coming from the front of me.

>Examine current vicinity. If the place has security cameras, Flashbang + disable with arrow! Also, cover own eyes while the grenade goes off.

>If said flashbang works, then radio a malfunction in the cameras. Nothing big, but the maintenance must be ready.

>Relay information to allies.

>Admire surroundings.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 01:30:43 pm by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 04, 2012, 01:31:24 pm »

Nicholas decided to keep making use of his robot. It was still in one piece, after all.

Send the robot inside the house, using the broken window to slip it in.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 04, 2012, 01:33:54 pm »

Jenny creeps forward silently and invisibly, checking keyholes until she finds a room devoid of enemy presence; once she does, she enters it, locks it behind her, and decloaks to rest her powers for a moment. She also searches that room for anything useful.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 04, 2012, 01:40:01 pm »

Agent Green continues to creep in Iraes steps like some sort of super stalker.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 04, 2012, 01:40:40 pm »

((Guess who the perv is.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 04, 2012, 01:42:24 pm »

((Guess who the perv is.))
((Actually, I can't. Trying to know both players' styles is pretty hard after all the games I've been in with both of them.

Including how they RP.  :P))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 04, 2012, 01:45:46 pm »

((I'm running out of ways to say 'I follow Tiruin', so I tried levity. :P))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 04, 2012, 01:46:19 pm »

Jeez, that was fast.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 04, 2012, 01:48:16 pm »

((Yeah, only lacking Nirur's post right now.))
>Yes?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 04, 2012, 01:54:49 pm »

((Hey, I was distracted by posting a different turn.))

Enter through the broken window if it's on the first floor, removing some glass first so I don't die of idiocy. Otherwise (or if the window is intact save the bullet hole) just follow everybody else, keeping my sword ready in case a guard needs to be sliced.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 04, 2012, 01:59:42 pm »

Add turn action:

>Try to find the frequency knob broadcast object on the radio.

>If possible, ask Intel on a map of the place so we know where to head first.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 04, 2012, 02:01:17 pm »

Turn upcoming.  I'm considering giving Tiruin -5 on every roll for posting so many actions :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 04, 2012, 02:01:46 pm »

((So I can't admire the place anymore?))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Seventeen! In which Tiruin does a lot of stuff.
« Reply #179 on: April 04, 2012, 02:47:13 pm »

Well sure, you can always feel free to admire my descriptions ;D  Turn Seventeen, in just one more turn we can vote!

At the front door,
Agent Reon picks up and checks the keycards.  Neither of them have any information on what they open, but Ires takes them anyway.  As she heads towards the front door she notices a single security camera, [2+1] so she tries taking it out with a flashbang, which doesn't quite work, [4+1] followed by an arrow, which destroys it.
"There seems to be a camera malfunction in sector one."
"Which one's sector one, again?"
"The front door.  Keep up."
Ires then fiddles with the frequency knobs on guard's radio.  [1] There's a pop, and then nothing but static.  Finally, she calls mission control.
"Mission Control, this is Huntress, requesting a map of the area."
"This is Control.  We're working on a map right now, using the information from your video feeds and our thermal scans.  Hold tight for just a minute."
Agent Green follows Ires, out of sight.

At the broken window,
Agent Fortmüller picks up his robot, and, keeping to the shadows, tries to drop it inside the house as quietly as possible.  [6] Unfortunately, right as he drops his robot into place, he notices the guard that had been investigating the broken window.
"...hey!  What are you doing here?"
Agent Jackson arrives at the broken window just as the guard noticed Nicholas.  [2]
"Um, good evening, we're your entertainment for the evening?  I can juggle... and he can sing and dance."
The guard isn't fooled for a second.
"We've got two more armed intruders at the first floor dining room!  Need backup!"

On the fourth floor,
Agent Maxwell sneaks around the corridor, trying to find an empty room.  [5] She manages to find an empty bedroom unnoticed, where the turns visible again; she's absorbed a lot of light and is now slightly glowing.  Searching the area, she finds [2] nothing.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 86