Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177443 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Reserve your spot today!)
« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2012, 02:36:26 am »

Waiting on SeriousConcentrate and Nirur Torir.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2012, 03:21:44 am »

Er, sorry. Thought I had posted. ^^^;

Jenny also waits, only using her grapnel to entangle the guard if both Ires and Desmond fail. If they don't, then when they get through the gate she'll look for an open window on the upper stories that she can grapnel through.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2012, 06:50:11 am »

Sorry, tried to think of what I could do and got distracted.
I decided that I really should probably have brought a sturdy sledgehammer instead of explosives. I'll test whether or not I can bash through a concrete wall when we get back.

Stay hidden and wait for the others to deal with the entrance guard.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Fourteen! In which the heroes use guile.
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2012, 02:16:30 pm »

Turn Fourteen.  I'm so tired right now, apologies if nothing makes sense.  It makes sense to me in my half-unconscious haze, so there.

After some brief discussion the team comes up with a plan.
Agent Fortmüller fiddles with a few controls on his robot, setting it to enter the gate on his command.
Agent Reon takes off her mask and tries to look as normal as possible as she bangs on the front gate.  The guard who had been standing by the security station looks up, sighs, and wanders over to see what this is about.  [6+1]
"What do you want and why can't you ring the bell like a normal person?"
"Could... could you open the gate?  I, um, have this thing about only talking to people face-to-face.  None of this talking through the gate, you know... it's so impersonal."
The guard sighs again and opens the gate, standing positioned so that Ires can't get through.
"Ok, now can you tell me what you want?"
"Er... have you heard the good news of Jesus Christ?"
"You know, I've always been curious about that whole thing.  Why don't you tell me?"
Agent Green, hidden just out of sight of the front gate, watches in exasperation as Ires struggles to come up with something to say to the guard, who doesn't seem like he'll be moving anytime soon.  He decides to go for the simple approach, leaping out of cover and trying to take the guard down.  [5] The guard is incapacitated before he can make a noise, and Desmond notes that the camera watching the front gate is currently turned away.  He decides to head back into cover before the camera swings back.
Agent Maxwell immediately turns invisible and heads inside the grounds once the guard is down, searching for an open window she can get inside through.  [4] On the third floor is a half-open window, and she's able to hook her grapnel on the windowsill and start climbing up.
Agent Jackson simply waits with the rest of the group at the front gate.  He drags the guard's body out of the view of the security camera as the remaining heroes plan their next move.
Nicholas' robot enters the grounds after Jenny and begins scouting the area.  [6]
Two hostiles detected within fifteen meters.  One semi-automatic pistol.  One submachine gun.  Three security cameras detected within fifteen meters.  Three active.  One alarm system detected within fifteen meters.  One inactive.
The robot is spotted on one of the security cameras as it relays the information to the team.  The guard with the submachine gun exits the security station to investigate, fortunately not noticing the open front gate or the four people clustered around it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2012, 02:25:23 pm »

Nicholas fiddles with the controls of his robot.

Make the robot hide out of sight and shoot a tranquilizer dart on the submachinegun guard. If he is subdued before that, just send the robot ahead to scout further and maybe take down the other guard.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2012, 02:29:10 pm »

Jenny climbed through the window and looked around the room. If the door was closed, she would listen at it; if it was open, she would find a place to hide until she was sure the coast was clear.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2012, 03:54:14 pm »

Thomas signs that he's waiting before going fast, because the cameras would slow him down too much.

Wait with the group. Prepare to katana the guard if needed or if it can be done without breaking cover.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2012, 09:57:18 pm »

Ires...replaces her uniform with that of the unconscious guard, hoping a true disguise would fit.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2012, 10:13:37 pm »

Ires...replaces her uniform with that of the unconscious guard, hoping a true disguise would fit.
Record that with a camera. Maybe use as blackmail material later.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 09:24:33 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 02, 2012, 10:27:06 pm »

((Oh, you. XD))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2012, 09:21:23 am »

Action: Otherwise cover Ires as she switches uniforms. Don't look too close. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Fifteen! In which oh my god, it's Turn Fifteen.
« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2012, 03:03:29 pm »

You guys  ::)  Turn Fifteen now.

At the front gate, four of the agents and one robot are trying to take down two guards and a security system.
Agent Fortmüller tries fiddles with the robot's controls.  [3] It's unable to hide effectively since the guard's already seen it, but still manages to hit him with a single dart.  The guard grunts in annoyance, pulls it out, and reaches for his radio.
Agent Jackson, still at normal speed, starts to get impatient as the sedative takes too long to kick in.  He considers going in with his katana, but the cameras are still pointed in that direction.
Agent Reon finds some cover and puts the unconscious guard's uniform over her own bodysuit.  [3] It won't fool anybody up close, but it might work from a distance.  Ires stuffs her mask into a pocket in case she needs it later.
Agent Green covers Ires as she changes, chivalrously looking away.
The guard radios in his situation, drowsily, as the sedative starts working.  The second guard runs up just as the first one collapses, and picks up his partner's weapon before looking around.  He spots the heroes!
"Stop right there!"

Meanwhile, at the mansion,
Agent Maxwell climbs in through the window, pulls her grapnel up after her, and looks around, still invisible.  She finds herself in an empty bathroom, lavishly decorated with all sorts of brass ornaments and crystal glass mirrors.  The door is closed, so she puts her ear up to it [hidden listen check]; she hears nothing.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2012, 03:06:47 pm »

Eh, cover's blown. I never liked stealth missions anyway.

I shoot him.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2012, 03:14:58 pm »

(Correction: you four have your cover blown. Nobody knows I'm there yet. :D Stealth Jenny GO!)

After a few moments of silence, Jenny goes invisible and opens the door. If the way is clear, she heads out and investigates her surroundings. If there is one guard, grapnel around the throat and strangle to unconsciousness. If there are two or more, then she'll roll out a smoke grenade and try taking them out individually.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 03, 2012, 03:21:21 pm »

Nicholas pulled the SD card out of the small camera and inserted it into a small wireless device that sent the data to an Internet server.

"This is gold..."

Command the robot to tranquilize the other guard as well before blood is spilt. I'm in no mood to kill people who may only be hired security guards.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 86