Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177432 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Reserve your spot today!)
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2012, 12:22:43 pm »

Nicholas was disappointed.
Try and see if there is something on my mask to compensate for the smoke if it takes too long to disappear.
If there is not, mess with the mask and create it on the spot.
Try to get a clear shot at the men holding the weapons or at the electrical apparatus.

((It just occurred me: thermal energy = movement of the atoms. I could stop someone dead on their tracks with my power, which would actually create the mythic absolute zero. Of course, if I happen to be able to control my power like that.))
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 12:33:00 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2012, 12:31:15 pm »

(You'd probably need more training with your powers, which I'm going to see about getting when we finish this mission assuming I'm still alive and we have the option. ^^^)

Jenny finally caught up to the other three and assessed the situation, then waited. If Reon's shot attracted attention, she would immediately lay down suppressing fire with the machine gun; if not, she would wait in the shadows for an opportunity to grapnel another evil-doer and drag him in to choke out and cuff.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2012, 07:30:47 pm »

Action: Continue covering!

If I have pistol (I don't think I do :P) lay down some covering fire on the enemy.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2012, 07:33:40 pm »

((Nevermind. Just got online.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2012, 07:42:53 pm »

Head downstairs and try to find some way to be useful.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 07:45:13 pm by Nirur Torir »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Ten! In which the last turn was Turn Nine!
« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2012, 09:22:02 pm »

It's Turn Two, if binary's your thing.  Caellath, no, you can't drain a person all the way to absolute zero, but you could still turn them into a popsicle.  Just, you know, not an absolute zero popsicle.  Dwarmin, you don't have a pistol, sorry.

As the smoke slowly began to lift, Agent Reon tried shooting the electrical apparatus.  [2+1-1] The arrow pinged off and did no damage.
Agent Fortmüller was finally able to get a shot through the lifting smoke.  [4+1-1] Sparking and smoking, the machine sputtered and finally died.  The powered armour suits still active around the warehouse stopped functioning.  A muffled yell came from the armour in front of the heroes.
"Get me out of this useless thing!"
"You got it, boss!"
Agent Maxwell caught up with the others in the corridor just as Nicholas shot the generator.  She sprayed suppressive fire in the direction of the men at the end of the hallway, [1-1] but the gun jammed after only a few shots.
Agent Green kept his position as a human (and shield) shield at the heroes' end of the hallway.  The two thugs who weren't helping the boss out of his armour aimed their strange weapons at him and pulled their triggers (3-1)!  Desmond felt slightly queasy as he was hit with two different rapidly changing patterns of light and noise, but the smoke and his mask absorbed enough of the effect for him not to be affected.
Agent Jackson, within two or three minutes of his time distortion effect ending, ran down the stairs, hoping to find some way to be useful.  Judging that the corridor was too long for him to run down without risking being shot with the vertigo guns, he decided to do some more scouting, finding [3] some locked doors at the end of a different, empty corridor.  [2] He wasn't able to get the door open no matter what he did, so he headed back to the rest of the team as the time alteration effect ended and let them know.
Agent Wash nodded thoughtfully.  "Probably some sort of evidence in there.  After we finish up with these guys let's see if we can force those doors open."

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 03:05:15 pm by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2012, 09:27:52 pm »

Nicholas smiled and returned to whistling happily.

"Well...Hello targets!"

Kill the one trying to help his boss out of the powered armor. Kill even more criminals if possible, we got to make the most out of these moments. Ah, of course, leave the boss alive.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 09:53:27 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2012, 09:52:07 pm »

"Here, unjam this and you can have it," Jenny said, handing the machine gun to Desmond. She then lashed out past him with her grapnel in an attempt to grab one of the attackers around the neck and drag him him over.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2012, 10:46:28 pm »

>Lob one more Flashbang over to the thug's side and if possible, accompany it up with a pinning shot to those who are helping their boss out.

"Don't kill them!"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2012, 11:56:49 am »

Sit down behind cover and take a breather. I just spent eleven minutes running around and hitting things with a sword on adrenaline, and can't help with the current situation.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2012, 12:11:11 pm »

Desmond nodded, putting the gun in his empty belt holster.

To his side, he noted that Nichloas seemed a bit too..enthusiastic.

He mentioned over the comm.

"Calm down, Fire Fighter. We'll have them all down in a moment. Don't need to kill them."

Action: Charge in and start disabling the attackers in melee!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Eleven! In which a plot device is found.
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2012, 03:08:12 pm »

Doo bee doo... Turn Eleven.  I've nothing interesting to say here.

The smoke had finally lifted.  Agent Fortmüller whistled merrily as he [2+1] shot the helpful thug at the end of the hallway in the stomach.  The man fell to his hands and knees and coughed up some blood, before struggling back up to his feet.  Noticing Nicholas' eagerness, Agent Green's voice came over the radio link.
"Calm down, Fire Fighter.  We'll have them all down in a moment.  Don't need to kill them."
Handing the jammed machine gun to Desmond, Agent Maxwell tried pulling one of the thugs over to herself.  [6+1] The metal hook sliced into his neck and he bled out as he was being pulled across the hall.
Agent Reon yelled "Don't kill them!" over the radio link as she lobbed another flashbang and fired an arrow towards the end of the hall.  [2] The flashbang failed to go off, [3+1] but the arrow pinned the thug Nicholas had shot to the wall, where he struggled feebly before passing out.
Agent Jackson spent a minute catching his breath.
Agent Green placed Jenny's gun in his belt before rushing down the hall.  The lone remaining man tried taking a shot at him, (3) and this time the rapidly shifting light and sound slowed Desmond down slightly.
Agent Wash used Desmond's body as a shield as he advanced up the hall, then reached around him and whipped the final thug's weapon out of his hand.
"Please, no more!  We surrender!"

Later, as the team is debriefed...
"So then the police came in and arrested everyone who was still alive."
Waylon Brown nods.  "And the locked door?"
"Led to a small room, which apparently had some sort of defenses which were knocked out when the generator was destroyed.  In the middle of the room was this."  Agent Wash places a flawlessly cut, milky-white gem on the desk.  "Their leader had already been dragged off by the cops, so we don't know anything about why he had this or why it was so defended."
"Hmm.  Well, I suppose when the cops are finished with him we can borrow him and ask about this.  Good job team, you're dismissed.  Oh, wait, one more thing.  Since everyone has now completed at least one assignment, Agent Wash will no longer be supervising you.  I'll call you when it's time for your next mission, for now you're dismissed."

Agents Green, Jackson, Fortmüller, Maxwell, and Reon have completed their latest assignment!  Equipment and health is restored.

The heroes are showing up in the news all over New England!
Desmond Green gains [6] reputation!  You've lost the stigma of having knocked yourself out that one time and people are focusing more on the fact that you're bulletproof and can punch a powered armour suit around.  Some are beginning to call you "The Steel Wall" for your seeming invulnerability, which becomes your new codename.
Thomas Jackson gains [6] reputation!  People are buzzing about you and how you took out four armed thugs in a just a few seconds.  Your fame is spreading and you've attracted some attention as far away as New York.
Nicholas Fortmüller gains [1] reputation.  Snipers just aren't as popular as the front-line fighters, apparently.
Jennifer Maxwell gains [4] reputation.  People seem to have forgotten about the whole "blinded herself with her own flashbang" thing.  The media is beginning to refer to you as "Flash Light", because they love bad puns.
Ires Reon gains [2] reputation.  Though everyone loves archery-based superheroes, you're still the new kid on the team.  You didn't really attract much attention and nobody's calling you anything yet.  Maybe you're lucky.
It's training time until the next mission is announced.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2012, 03:16:56 pm »

Remember: Carry a katana around to stand out in a crowd.

Jackson will continue trying to increase his finesse with his powers though very brief manipulations, trying again to gain the ability to pause his recoil when nearly at neutral charge, allowing him to perform multiple flash steps with normal time in between. He will aim to start his next mission with 15 minutes of 4x recoil time stored.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2012, 03:17:57 pm »

During her downtime, Jenny trains with her powers to figure out more ways they can be useful, and how to maximize the effectiveness of the practical applications she already knows.

(I must learn how to create lasers. :D

QuickEdit: Oh, man, I just had the best idea. Somehow turn the flash from a flashbang lethal. That would be so awesome.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2012, 03:19:25 pm »

Nicholas got back to robotics, still in a good mood. At the very least he still had not drawn much attention upon him, and he firmly believed that shooting to kill improved the team's rate of success; he would consider employing non-lethal methods when victory was assured, though.
"How about I try something more challenging?"

Study more robotics and try to build a power armor.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 86