Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177420 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Waitlist is empty, reserve your spot today!)
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2012, 08:08:20 pm »

I'll just post my sign up here...

Name: Lisa Conners

Description: Lisa is a young, somewhat stout, woman that stands at about 5 foot, 4 inches, has lightly tanned skin, blue eyes and short cut light brown hair tied up in a pony tail. She's of English descent, but is otherwise a normal American. She speaks in a slightly relaxed fashion after living in the south for a few years.

Background: As of late, Lisa has been working with a cleaning company, and she was currently cleaning out the offices when the explosion hit her.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2012, 08:18:14 pm »

Name: Horit Xenbirth

Description: An older, dark skinned gentalman with a odd habit of going into nistalgia of his old days working on machines and computers. He
carries a thick wooden cane to help him walk and tends to do so withough reason, to the dismay of his care-giver. He is about as fit as an overworked mule, due to his failing health, but refuses to go to the hospital because they smell like 'his death'.

Background: He clamed to be proficent in fixing anything that uses electricity, though nobody can say for sure since he has never been able to focus long enough to not go on tangents. He was walking around aimlessly when the explosion knocked him out cold.

Sorry for being a bit late.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 08:25:20 am by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2012, 08:30:24 pm »

Action: Follow Wash and assist him-don't get tangled in battles I can avoid, pursue the objective.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2012, 09:10:02 pm »

"Wait, who Green? I've a codename that is 'Green'!"

Help Agent Wash and Agent Green proceed to their destination by shooting anyone in their way to disable.

If possible, proceed with the two.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2012, 09:19:35 pm »

"Wait, who Green? I've a codename that is 'Green'!"
Oh um er... I forgot about that bit.  "Green" is you, "Agent Green" is Dwarmin, until you get a real code name, in case that wasn't clear.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Reserve your spot today!)
« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2012, 09:26:16 pm »

((So...turn? :P))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Eight! In which there are a lot of words
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2012, 10:32:46 pm »

Huzzah, two interested people at once!  No more worrying about what will happen if someone dies while the waitlist is empty!  Just to satisfy Caellath, it's Turn Eight now.

Agent Fortmüller whistled a jaunty tune as he headed down to ground level.  With practiced precision he set up his rifle, looked down the scope, [4+1] and shot one of the thugs with machine guns clean through the head!  The bullet came out the back of his head and [3-1] embedded itself in the ground.
"Nice shot!"
"But I was aiming for his torso..."

Agent Maxwell gave up on taking the gun and decided to take the entire guy instead.  [3+1] With a skillful toss and pull of her grapnel she pulled him towards her, [4+1] placed her hand over his mouth and kept it there until he stopped moving.
Agent Jackson simply tried killing everything soft and hostile within range.  [4+1] He decapitated one thug, [4+1-1] cut another one across the stomach, [5+1-2] cut another across the chest, [5+1-3] and cut one last thug's arm before stopping.  He estimated he still had about eight and a half minutes before his time distortion ended.
Faced with the triple threat of a super-speeding katana wielder, a sniper, and six suits of powered armour, the last remaining unarmed thug dropped his gun, put his hands on his head, and walked out the door to be arrested.  The armoured man was a bit stupider and tried shooting wildly in Thomas' direction, but under the SWAT squad's concentrated gunfire his suit soon fell.
"The main doors are clear.  We're ready to move further in.  Don't see any more of them but keep your guards up."

Agent Green and Agent Reon judged the SWAT squad had things under control at the wall breach, and decided to head with Agent Wash when he asked for Green to follow him.
"Why are you following me, Red?"
"I'm Green."
"Wait, who Green?  I've a codename that is 'Green'!"
"But you're - oh, right, sorry about that.  Alright then, let's go, both of you."
It wasn't hard to find the stairs down, since they were clearly labeled "STAIRS DOWN".  A single guard was quickly disarmed and tied up by Whip Lash, who headed down, followed by the same-named heroes.  Another guard at the bottom of the stairs was [6+1] pinned to the wall by Agent Reon's arrow.
"Oops... I just meant to shoot him a little bit."
At the end of a long hallway was some sort of electrical apparatus, a suit of powered armour identical to those up above, and three men with strange-looking weapons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2012, 10:35:12 pm »

Flashbang on the three's position, Smoke Grenade on our hallway.

If possible, aim and fire a shot at the electrical apparatus.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2012, 10:36:00 pm »

Jenny removed a pair of handcuffs from her utility belt (assuming I have some in there) and cuffed her quarry, then took his machine gun and headed downstairs to back up Lash and the Greens.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2012, 10:49:56 pm »

Nicholas decided he would be better off following the Greens and Lash, and so he did.
"♪♫~♫~~♪~♫~♪~~♫..."

Take position as far away as possible in the hallway without losing firing range and sight. Shoot and kill as most enemies as possible.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2012, 10:57:16 pm »

Desmond took a step in front of the group, providing cover for the rest...he frowned, wondering what the strange weapons were, racking his brain.

Action: Concentrate on covering the allies behind me. If possible, try to identify the strange-looking weapons.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2012, 08:28:25 am »

added
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2012, 10:46:24 am »

Scout ahead. Relay tactical information as I infiltrate as far as possible.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Nine! In which it is Turn Nine!
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2012, 12:13:13 pm »

Zako and zomara have been added to the wait list.  Now it's time for Turn Nine.

Agent Reon reacted before anybody else could, throwing a smoke grenade about halfway down the hall and a flashbang all the way to the end of the hallway.  [3] The smoke and light had the desired effect of blinding the thugs with the strange weapons, but the powered armour pilot was unaffected.
Agent Green positioned himself in front of Reon and Wash, holding his shield and body strategically to cover as much of the corridor as possible.  He tried to identify the weapons, and could only come to one conclusion...
[1] "I think they've got... phasers?"
"Good guess, but I'm going with 'no'."

Meanwhile upstairs,
Agent Maxwell cuffed the man she'd just taken down and picked up his gun.  As she headed to back up the half of the team that was downstairs, she looked for any extra magazines, [2] but didn't find any.
Agent Fortmüller disassembled his gun, ran across the street, across the parking lot, inside the warehouse, down the stairs, and set his rifle back up at the bottom of the stairwell.  He wasn't yet able to get a shot through the thick cloud of smoke.
Agent Jackson spent a few minutes of his time scouting around the warehouse.  [4] Nobody noticed him as he sped around, confirming that all of the hostiles were cleared on the south and west ends of the building, and that the SWAT teams were converging towards the north-east corner, where a bunch of thugs and powered armour pilots had taken cover.  Unable to relay the information over his radio link, Thomas decided instead to write the information down where one of the cops could read it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2012, 12:19:21 pm »

Shoot that electrical apparatus. It must be the one that handles all those power armors!

Or if not possible, shoot to disable one or both of the not-power-armored thugs.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 86