Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177517 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Turn ninety-one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Agent Fortmüller returns to normal running and breaches the room before anyone can react, [4+1] tranquilizing the lone guard instantly and firing snapshots at the other two.  [4+1-1] [6+1-2] The one on his left falls and struggles to keep conscious, while the one on the right collapses right away.
Agent Conners, after receiving Desmond's orders to return to headquarters, thanks the chief of security for his help and enlists a car, placing the suitcases in a cooler in the back, and heads back.
Agent Maxwell continues to follow Desmond and Ires.
Agent Green calls out "Hey!  Is anybody out there?" as he advances, still covering Agent Reon.  Unsurprisingly, there's no response.  Ires radios Lisa "We've lost contact with command.  What rooms were they all situated in, and why didn't our Agent follow us in?" as she ponders why the other agent hadn't followed them in.  Maybe he thought it best to the hard work to the superpowered agents?
After a few minutes of wandering they round a corner and come face-to-face with three people in gasmasks and wielding vertigo inducers.  Ires fires a snapshot, [2+1] nailing the foot of the man on the right to the floor.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Now available in colour)
« Reply #886 on: July 19, 2012, 05:45:15 pm »

"Look what I found, little harmless rabbits. It is a pity I'm the wolf."

Finish tranquilizing the struggling man and then try to wake up one of the tied agents.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 19, 2012, 05:56:21 pm »

Jenny maneuvered around the men with the gasmasks, then pounced on the one furthest in the back, attempting to choke him out with her grapnel.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 19, 2012, 07:44:27 pm »

Desmond was almost glad to have someone to take out his frustrations on.

"Let's take them out." He said to Ires, quietly. "Just like we trained."

The duo burst into tandem combat-Des covering Ires, and she firing down on them. He released a blast of energy at the first target Ires marked for the pair.

Action: Do a combined energy blast+arrow shot on the same target Ires fires at. Make sure to act in tandem. (-1 to rolls against us if we perform a combat action together)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 19, 2012, 07:45:53 pm »

((What would happen if one of the PCs went rogue?))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 19, 2012, 10:48:50 pm »

((Who knows, but it won't end well I guess.))

Lisa pulled up next to the enterance for the base and looked back at the cooler with the suitcases inside. It was time to end this mission, if it was still going, and give these damn things to the techies.

"I have arrived at HQ. What's happening? Did you see Nick?"

Hide the cases somewhere and proceed inside cautiously, sticking to the shadows if possible.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: July 19, 2012, 11:14:40 pm »

Fun times for all!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 20, 2012, 12:34:33 am »

Fun times for all!
((Heh, now that's an intriguing idea...))

"Just like we trained." Ires repeated, nocking two arrows and checking the vicinity.

She hoped her anatomical knowledge proved sufficient.

Tandem strike with Desmond! Fire a lower body shot to the nearest enemy, then try to quick-time another to the one at his back!

Try to make it non-lethal.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Ninety-Two! In which nobody goes rogue... yet.
« Reply #893 on: July 21, 2012, 05:29:53 pm »

Turn ninety-two.

Agent Fortmüller grins behind his mask.  "Look what I found, little harmless rabbits.  It is a pity I'm the wolf."
He finishes off the last man as he struggles to grab a gun, and turns toward the people tied up against the wall.  [3] "Hey.  Wake up."
"We're already awake, tin-head.  What took you so long?"
Agent Maxwell slips behind the enemies and [3+1] garrotes the one who'd stepped back when his buddy was shot.  He thrashes (6) and catches Jenny in the arm with a lucky swing, breaking her grip on him.
Agent Green watches the slightly odd sight of a man suddenly beginning to choke and flail wildly, before turning to Agent Reon.
"Let's take them out.  Just like we trained."
"Just like we trained."
Together they move, like clockwork, Desmond covering, Ires shooting, and Desmond following up.  [1+1] The marked enemy twists out of the way of the arrow [5+2] but is caught full-on by Desmond's kinetic blast, flying backwards into Jenny with a heavy impact.  [1] (5) She takes the worst of it and is knocked out, while the mook bounces back to his feet, ready for another round.  In less time then it took to read that Ires fires another shot, [3+1] nailing the other leg of the one she'd stapled to the floor.  He falls on his back.
The man that Jenny had garroted runs back down the corridor (1) but trips over Jenny's body and lands hard on the ground.
The guy that Desmond blasted looks scared, but levels his vertigo inducer at the pair.  (3-1) Desmond throws up his shield and blocks the worst of it.
The one that got shot twice, bleeds.
Agent Conners arrives at the base, taking the cooler full of crystals with her as the keys the door open.
"I have arrived at HQ.  What's happening?  Did you see Nick?"
She moves inside carefully, pistol at the ready, trying to be as stealthy as possible.  She turns around and levels a pistol at Agent Holischuk's face, as he does the same to her, before they recognize each other as allies.
"I thought you were... you're lucky, I was getting ready to shoot the first person to come through that door, and asking questions was kinda far down my list."

« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:11:46 pm by Remalle »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 21, 2012, 05:49:38 pm »

Jenny attempts to wake up.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 21, 2012, 05:55:15 pm »

Nicholas smiles behind the armor, giggling a bit.
"Well, if you hadn't been defeated so easily, I wouldn't need to come to your rescue, right? And what happened here after all aside from you getting your asses kicked?"

Make sure the agents are really allies then move on to untying them with care.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 21, 2012, 09:41:07 pm »

"Buddy, I was thinking the same thing. Glad to see a friendly face at last. So, it looks like there's noone around. Shouldn't this place be a lot busier? What happened to everyone, and what happened to the team?"

Question the agent and move further into the base with him cautiously.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: July 22, 2012, 03:01:38 am »

"Did you hit that last one?

"Save for interrogation."

Shoot to disable, or at anyone directly trying to hit Desmond, or anyone fleeing, in that order of priority.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: July 22, 2012, 03:56:44 am »

Action: Confident in being covered by Ires, wade into melee and start knocking out chumps. Leave one more or less conscious.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: July 23, 2012, 07:32:32 pm »

Turn ninety-three!

Agent Maxwell tries to wake up.  [1] She spends the next few minutes vividly hallucinating that she's some kind of cyborg space marine.
Agent Fortmüller smiles and giggles.  "Well, if you hadn't been defeated so easily, I wouldn't need to come to your rescue, right?  And what happened here after all aside from you getting your asses kicked?"
There's some slightly annoyed grumbling as somebody explains.
"It was that prisoner.  Arthur Crane.  After your team left, he was supposed to be transferred to a maximum-security prison in Colorado, but he escaped as soon as his restraints were undone.  Then him, a scientist, an agent or two, and some security took control of the lowest level - you know, the labs - and they must've broadcasted our location to the Six.  We were caught off-guard, they were heavily armed, and, well, this happened."
The agent gestures to himself and to the bodies on the floor as Nicholas unties him.
"Crane only has a few men up here.  These guys were probably most of them.  He wanted to bring your team back to the base, for some reason.  He's still down in the labs, I think, but be careful if you're going down there, they've only gotten more dangerous after raiding our armoury."
Agent Conners keeps her pistol drawn as she moves further inside with Agent Holischuk.
"Buddy, I was thinking the same thing.  Glad to see a friendly face at last.  So, it looks like there's noone around.  Shouldn't this place be a lot busier?  What happened to everyone, and what happened to the team?"
"I dunno what happened, it's silent as a grave.  Um, Fire arrived here first, as far as I know, but I don't know where he's gone.  Steel and Arrow went ahead together, and I've heard some sounds down that way.  And then there's you."
Agent Reon tells Desmond "Save for interrogation," as she covers him.
Agent Green strides forward, [4] bashes the man with the vertigo inducer in the kneecap, and [2+2-1] punches the floored one in the nose.
Down the hallway the man who'd tried to flee gets back to his feet and tries running again, [4+1] but is shot clean through the chest by Ires.
The enemy on the floor passes out.
The man that Desmond shielded in the knee staggers against a wall and drops his weapon.  (2) He tries to pick it back up but Desmond grabs him and pushes him up against the wall.
"Fffuu- what do you want, man?"

« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:11:33 pm by Remalle »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 86