Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177520 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Communication Breakdown)
« Reply #870 on: July 12, 2012, 07:58:15 am »

((Yes, I'm still carrying it around me.))

Ires tried to keep the crystal hidden from the Agent's gaze, just in case he wasn't who he truly was.

"Also, why the...strange training mission? Why did the comms black out, and why was communication restored only at the...end?

"What were you trying to accomplish?"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Turn eighty-nine.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Agent Fortmüller [4+2] takes a minute to fiddle with the servomotors of his armour, making his movement almost completely silent.  He hops back inside the Warlord suit and advances carefully through the familiar hallways, noting as he moves a slight decrease in responsiveness from the fiddled-with servos.  He still doesn't see or hear anything, and the motion sensors of his suit don't show any significant blips.
Agent Conners heads upstairs and eventually finds a working computer, but not a charger for her PDA.  [1] She sits at the computer, hands hovering over the keyboard, completely unable to figure out how to start tracing a radio connection with it.
Agent Green gets into the car and nods to the agent.
"Marc.  You want to tell us whats going on?"
"You probably know better than me.  I, uh, take it Fire Fighter told you what he knows about the crystals?  Other then that I don't know.  I never heard anything about a training mission, but why would I be, right?  I'm not part of the mission."
Agent Maxwell climbs on top of the car.  Not the most comfortable place to be, especially with the steel sheets welded onto the roof, nor the easiest to get to without anybody noticing, but she manages.  She'll be fine as long as the car doesn't go under any low overpasses...
Agent Reon sits on the crystal as she gets in the car.
"Also, why the... strange training mission?  Why did the comms black out, and why was communication restored only at the... end?  What were you trying to accomplish?"
"Like I said to your boyfriend, I don't know anything.  Better to ask someone in charge when we get back to the base, right?"

Desmond, Ires, and an invisible Jenny arrive at the base and key the door open.  The corridors are silent and empty.  A single security camera swivels toward them, and a small rodent scurries out of sight at the end of a hallway.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: July 14, 2012, 07:03:45 pm »

Jenny hopped off the car silently and waited in the shadows to see what would develop.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: July 14, 2012, 07:15:46 pm »

Keep sneaking around and searching for something strange.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: July 14, 2012, 08:39:03 pm »

Desmond turned to Marc.

"Last chance. Does any of this looks weird to you? I'm getting pretty worried here, Marc. Mysterious communications blackout? Empty Halls? Are you sure you don't know anything about it?" He asked, a hint of threat in his voice. Desmond needed to make sure the Man wasn't in on...whatever the Hell was happening.

Action: Gauge Marcs reaction to my question.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: July 14, 2012, 09:53:28 pm »

Lisa started to grow anxious. She needed to find the source of this signal, but she had hit a wall. How on earth would she start with this problem? Maybe if she got the man to reply again with the signal she was trying to trace, she might be able to piggyback onto something or trace him through the radio towers...

"Base, this is Life Force. We have a small problem at the current objective concerning radio equipment. Please repeat current orders, over."

Hopefully the man would reply...

Set up a tracking program that tracks what radio stations get pinged by the, hopefully soon, incoming signal from the man on the radio and trace the signal back to it's origin. If he doesn't reply, try to think of something else that might work.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: July 15, 2012, 08:01:01 am »

((So sorry for not replying as of late, had connection problems... :'())

Ires looked at the agent right in his shades, "He's not my boyfriend.

"And, who is in charge anyway? Fire Fighter- Nick didn't tell us a-

. . .

"Great. Looks like it's only you and me, Des, in this lonely...base. Where are the underpaid security guards?"

Throw a flashbang down the hall, after calling out for anybody, then begin examining the camera and where it's feed is going to.

Admire that crystal.

Disable camera if proven hostile (I.E. It's staring at me...), if not, then start moving down the corridor after the flashbang has gone off, searching for any signs of traps or fights.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: July 15, 2012, 10:45:54 am »

Desmond didn't speak up when Ires denied having him as a boyfriend. He figured, she had a good reason for saying so. It still stung a bit.

"I don't know, but this is starting to feel like we're in a cheesy horror movie." Desmond said, scanning left and right.

Action: After my questioning, continue moving forward, covering Ires.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: July 16, 2012, 08:57:47 pm »

Turn ninety!  That's ninety percent of the way to turn one-hundred!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Agent Maxwell jumps off the car and follows Desmond and Ires inside.  She instinctively stays in the shadows despite being invisible.
Agent Fortmüller keeps moving, as stealthily as possible in a seven-foot-tall mini-mech with a flowing red cape.  [hidden search check] He quickly looks into each room as he passes.  The gym, the armoury, the briefing room... all empty.  He glances into the control room.  A dozen or so agents are tied up against the far wall and another three lie dead on the floor; none of their names come to Nicholas' mind immediately.  A man with a sub-machine gun is leaning against the interior wall beside the door; he hasn't seen Nicholas yet.  Two men are sitting at the controls on either side of the room; the one to the left is monitoring various video feeds from the team and from the security cameras, and the one on the right has a headset on and is idly fiddling with the audio feed knobs.
The man watching the video feeds suddenly sees the back of his own head in one of the monitors and turns around.
"Uh... you're not supposed to be here?"
Agent Green leans into Marc ever so slightly, making himself a bit bigger, making himself a subtle threat.
"Last chance.  Does any of this looks weird to you?  I'm getting pretty worried here, Marc.  Mysterious communications blackout?  Empty halls?  Are you sure you don't know anything about it?"
Agent Reon quickly adds "He's not my boyfriend.  And, who is in charge anyway?"
"...I'm absolutely sure I don't know anything about it.  I'm, uh, sorry about the misunderstanding.  There've been rumours... but that's not important.  What do you mean, who's in charge?  There's, uh, the President, I guess?  And then the Minister of Supernatural et cetera?  Or do you mean just this base?"
[hidden spot check] Desmond is convinced the man is telling the truth, and really doesn't know anything about the situation.  Leaving Agent Holischuk behind he and Ires move ahead, preceded by a a flashbang and protected by Desmond's shield.  The halls remain empty, devoid of any evidence of a trap or a fight, and the security cameras abruptly stop tracking them.
Agent Conners's voice crackles over the link.  "Base, this is Life Force.  We have a small problem at the current objective concerning radio equipment.  Please repeat current orders, over."
[1] There's no reply.  Back at the Benedict building, Lisa sits frustrated, still signal-less.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 08:59:46 pm by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: July 16, 2012, 09:05:28 pm »

((@Remalle: Uh...did someone see me? Oh yeah, he saw my video feed.))

Nicholas grins.

Get the suit back to the standard setting (which is an automated thing) and before the rest of the invaders realize, enter the room, tranquilize the submachine gun man and start to spread love among the conscious and armed enemies by means of tranquilizer darts and blunt strikes with the handle of the axe. If the room is protected somehow, break into the room anyway and knock out the submachine gunner and the rest of the enemies.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 09:12:57 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: July 16, 2012, 10:02:06 pm »

"Goddammit! Now what's going on...."

Lisa was frustrated, to say the least. She wasn't making any progress at all and the rest of her team was off without her while she guarded the building by herself. The situation stunk and now base wasn't responding at all, which was either bad news or good news, she had yet to decide which.

"Team, this is Life Force. How's your progress? Find anything yet, cause I'm having no progress on my end and base isn't responding. Are you guys responsible for that?"

EDIT: Changed action below.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:47:07 am by Zako »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: July 16, 2012, 10:05:02 pm »

Jenny whispered back over coms. "Don't know. It's completely silent here, and the only people I see in here are the two I'm tailing: SW and SA. I'll get back to you when something happens, OK?" With that, she quietened down and hurried up to catch up to the two; she'd stopped to talk to make it less likely for them to hear her, and now she had to catch up.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: July 17, 2012, 11:30:28 am »

Desmond was getting frustrated, but he tried not to show it.

"You know, if anyone is here, they know it already..." He said, stepping forward.

He called out "Hey! Is anybody out there?"

Answered or no, he radioed back to Connors and Jenny.

~"Agent Lifeforce, Agent Spectra-we need you both at HQ. Pack up all equipment and get over here. Consider our current orders under suspicion. I'm scubbing the mission. Everyone get back here.

Stick together, okay?"~

Action: Continue making our way to the center of HQ, I keep covering Ires.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: July 17, 2012, 11:46:39 am »

Lisa straightned up immediately. Finally, something worth her time! And to make her job simpler, she could also have the techies at base help her track the signal if need be if it wasn't coming from HQ, which she had a sneaking suspicion that it was infact coming from there.

"Roger that. I'm bringing the stuff in the cases with me so the techies at HQ can get a good look over them later. If one of you guys happens to have a crystal on them, make sure you don't loose it and hand it over to me or the HQ geeks for safekeeping. Lifeforce out."

Standing up, she rushed down to the office of the security head and knocked quickly before entering.

"I've been called back to my team so I've got to leave now. You should be safe for now at any rate, especially with your staff of guards. Your men and women are a credit to their profession. You have the thanks of my team and myself. If I could ask one more favor of you, could you lend me a ride of some kind? I've got a way's to go and I'll need to get there fast. I'll make sure it's returned safely too."

Head to the Head of Security, thank him and his staff for all their help and ask nicely if I could borrow a ride of some kind, preferably fast. Then, reguardless of his answer, head to the rest of the crystals, put them all in the strongest case after making sure they don't react to each other through proximity and take them with me to either my loaned ride or if I can't get one, head outside and call over the radio for a ride from the agent.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:52:07 am by Zako »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Now available in colour)
« Reply #884 on: July 17, 2012, 03:18:45 pm »

Ires felt the pang of regret as she saw the expression on Desmond's face due to her remark - it was subtle, but she hoped he got her point.

"The camera stopped tracking us. Either someone is controlling it, or the security team is having fun.

"Or it just has a limit on that swivel.

"Anyway, I really don't like this. Too...empty. And anyone would've heard or reacted to that flashbang going off, I mean, echoes."

She heard the transmissions, and decided to stay silent on the matter, radioing instead: "We've lost contact with command. What rooms were they all situated in, and why didn't our Agent follow us in?"
He could be going off to get the others.
Yeah, but then that means he'd leave us alone, when the others would've easily gotten here in a matter of minutes.
Hmm...good point. Why did he leave us?

Keep on watch for any signs of movement, continue on our way to the center of HQ. Thank Desmond.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 86