Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177529 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Communication Breakdown)
« Reply #855 on: July 10, 2012, 10:14:11 pm »

Lisa arrived just as everyone was leaving, and waved and did a quick shout to get their attention.

"Hey guys! I got something to tell you! I'm done with interrorgations and I've got info about who was attacking the building as well as their payment site."

Jogging over to the others in the lot, Lisa let a grin spread across her face.

"I managed to get them to crack and let us know how many we are dealing with here, as well as where they were all heading to. There's four crystals, 3 in suitcases and one in a purse which one of us found earlier it seems. They don't know what they are, or why they were heading to the roof with them, but I think we've got them all.

Where are you guys heading anyway? Someone still needs to protect this place in case they send more people here! And where are we going to put the crystals in the meantime?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: July 10, 2012, 10:54:34 pm »

Jenny fell back to talk to Lisa, whispering so as to keep up her invisibility. "We think something's wrong with HQ. Desmond wants to go back alone, and that's what he's going to do... or so he thinks." Her grin could not be seen, but her amusement was evident in her tone. "Someone's got to look out for our leader, and I'm just the girl to do it. You take care of Ires while we're doing this, and if Nick comes back, you let him know the plan, OK? I'll break radio silence if anything... untoward happens."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: July 10, 2012, 11:22:36 pm »

Lisa shrugged helplessly.

"Well whatever you're doing, I guess I'll just guard the building and cases... I'll try to track down whoever is talking over the radio if I can find a computer. See you later then."

She turned back to the cases and sighed. Left behind... But at any rate, she was needed here. First of all, she needed to do something with these cases...

Check the cases for their crystals and take them all inside, putting the guards back to their original posts after thanking them. Take the cases downstairs to the basement, put them into as secure a location as possible (ask the guards if there is a safe somewhere, and if there is, ask the head of security if I can use it to store the cases in) and grab a few guards to guard them. Then ask someone if there's a nearby working computer that I can use.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: July 11, 2012, 01:00:42 am »

Ires tapped Desmond's shoulder and waited for him to face her.

"If Lisa said there are crystals in each suitcase, and four crystals in all...

Do you think we're facing some kind of cult? Like...they glowed nearer the roof, and maybe when they're in close proximity with each other, it becomes worse."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: July 11, 2012, 02:46:31 am »

Desmond turned toward Ires.

"I don't know. A cult implies some degree of organization. What they're doing seems random...but that might just mask their true intentions.

This might just be a group of people trying to play with powers they don't understand."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Eight-Eight! In which boop boop-a-doop
« Reply #860 on: July 11, 2012, 05:59:08 pm »

Eighty-eighth turn.  Tiruin, are you still carrying that crystal around with you?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Agent Maxwell absorbs light to turn invisible as she follows Desmond, but pauses for a quick whispered chat with Lisa.
Agent Fortmüller tunes Holishuk's scanner to the team's radio before sprinting off towards the Department Headquarters.  Behind him, the other agent drives off in the direction of the rest of the team.
Agent Reon stubbornly sticks with Agent Green as he sets out.  A minute or so of jogging later a slightly battered black car covered in welded sheets of metal pulls up beside them.  Agent Marc Holischuk rolls down his window and grins at them.
"You folks need a lift?"
Agent Conners returns to the Benedict building after a quick chat with Jenny, having enlisted a few security guards to carry the three briefcases back with her.  After placing them in a locked side room on the parking level and posting a couple guards to guard them, she finds the security chief.
"Is there a working computer anywhere I can use?"
"Somebody set off an EMP earlier and knocked most of them out, but I'm sure you'll be able to find something that wasn't too damaged if you check one of the office space floors."

Nicholas arrives at the base long before the rest of the team.  The hidden underground entrance is a bit too low for him to maneuver comfortably in his Warlord suit.  As he keys open the inner doors and enters the base proper he notes that it's unusually quiet; the Department isn't exactly bustling at the best of times but there's usually somebody handling an unruly spirit or transporting some mysterious floating material around.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 02:16:44 am by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: July 11, 2012, 06:26:31 pm »

Nicholas looks around with even higher suspicions than before.
"Great, smells like trouble."

Fiddle with the suit to make it stealthier, advance carefully.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: July 11, 2012, 10:26:07 pm »

"Great, thanks."

Search for a working computer in the offices. If I can't find a working one, find a way to charge my PDA. When I get a computer of some kind, start hacking to try and find the location of who's been talking to us over the radio.

EDIT: Changed action.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 01:39:23 am by Zako »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: July 11, 2012, 10:30:24 pm »

Desmond nodded to Agent Holschuk.

"Marc. You want to tell us whats going on?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: July 11, 2012, 11:34:52 pm »

"Great, thanks."

Search for that purse that the prisoner was talking about and when I find it, check inside for the crystal. If I can't find it anywhere on the lower floors, check the roof and the ceiling on the floor just under it. When I find that crystal, take the purse it was in down to where the others are stored and put it with them.
Dwarmin and Tiruin found the fourth crystal up on the roof already.  The purse was a detail calling back to somebody finding it earlier but I guess everyone forgot about that...

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: July 12, 2012, 12:16:26 am »

Ooh, so are all four crystals together? I got them all in the parking lot level, locked in that room together? Just need to clarify this so I can change my action if I need to.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: July 12, 2012, 12:26:22 am »

Tiruin's still carrying one of them around.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: July 12, 2012, 12:46:18 am »

Jenny silently climbs onto the top of the car to be taken back to HQ on.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: July 12, 2012, 01:37:54 am »

Right, thanks for telling me that. You should probably update Tiruin's inventory to reflect that he's got a crystal so we can tell at a glance.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: July 12, 2012, 02:15:40 am »

Right, thanks for telling me that. You should probably update Tiruin's inventory to reflect that he's got a crystal so we can tell at a glance.
Oh yeah, the inventory.  Totally haven't forgotten about it >__>
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 86