Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177543 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Communication Breakdown)
« Reply #825 on: July 08, 2012, 02:46:44 am »

Desmond shook his head.

"This doesn't make any sense, Ires...if this was a training mission how did we find real crystals?

...I think this has all been a diversion. I think the HQ has been compromised, one way or another.

I've got a plan, though. Let me go back to HQ, ahead of all of you. If alls clear, I'll call you back..."

He hesitated a moment.

"If not, you'll know it was either a trap for us, or a diversion to get us away from here. Let's not do this over the radio-just tell everyone to meet up where we're storing the crystals."

Trap? Diversion? Neither?

Desmond didn't trust the comm anymore. He didn't trust HQ. He didn't trust anyone but Ires and his team right now.

He turned on his radio, speaking with authority.

~"All right team, let's rendezvous back where we are storing the crystals. Secure any dangerous materials and let's all meet there in 5 minutes."~

Action: Get everyone to meet up near where we are storing the crystals.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 08, 2012, 04:08:33 am »

Ires listened on, her thoughts circling around like the wave currents at sea. Desmond was a man of precision and tactics - if they were going to find the meaning of all this, perhaps the best plan was to act as if there was no plan at all.

In short, acting natural.

She moved her mouthpiece to speak only to Desmond. "Don't you think we should all go together? They said to return en masse, judging by the tone. But...maybe you do have a point. Perhaps I should go with you...buddy system and all.

"We can meet up with the others at the ground floor, I've been itching to know what they'd think."

Action: After speaking with the rest of the team and telling them of what happened - for I'd not want to waste a turn on information passing when we can tell each other and paranoia about our comms being watched - Follow Desmond's plan. If he accepts on my reasoning, go with him in his plan.

"This crystal looks just like the first one we've seen...hmm."

Examine ye crystal.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 08, 2012, 04:24:18 am »

Lisa was loosing patience. These guys could already be placing the rest of the cases right now, and she needed answers. She leaned close to Jenny's ear and whispered again.

"Looks like your fame gave us away. Best to keep that in mind in the future. Go tell one of the others what we've learned in person, not over the radio. I don't trust whoever is on the other end. I'll get this guy to crack sooner or later and let you know how many cases we're looking for."

After finishing talking Lisa calmly walked over to the man and leaned closer to him, an unimpressed look on her face.

"I'm loosing patience here, you didn't answer all my questions. How many suitcases are there? Where are you picking up your payment? Answer properly or you won't be going anywhere anytime soon, I can promise you that."

Get this guy to crack, he knows what's going on.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: July 08, 2012, 04:34:21 am »

Desmond responded quietly as they walked.

"We should be careful here. If it's a trap, I'd rather it just me who falls for it. Likewise, we'll need everyone we can here if it turns out to be a diversionary tactics. And, oh well, it turns out this actually WAS the worst timed unannounced training drill in the long history of FUBAR moves by our command, only I look bad-I'll say the order was mine and mine alone.

...and, if you want to come with me, I won't order you back..."

He turned to her, pausing in the hall.

"...but I think I'm already in love with you, Ires. So, I don't want you to get hurt, is all. I know it's the reality of the job-I'm not going to be able to protect you from everything, I know. And, you can handle yourself-I've seen that.

But, the facts don't make it any easier for me to send you into harms way, even by my side. If we're going to do this together, I'd just want you to know this."
He finished, running a hand through his hair.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 08, 2012, 07:45:25 am »

The office floors were just as they were - mundane and shiny, from all the wax. Ires brushed away the thought of paranoia, the office didn't even look like a training facility, nor did the guards or officeworkers respond as if it was supposed to not be a training mission.

It was in the body language.

Desmond looked pensive in his maneurisms as he walked, perhaps it must be the pressure of his plan? She couldn't blame him, for the feeling of foreboding hung over her like Democles' Sword, without the pointy, lethal, responsibility bits.

He stopped speaking and turned to address her, and his words caught her like a trap in the open, it felt like seeing the obvious, but forgetting to realize all the signs.

Committal? Perhaps. But his voice...

Ires nodded slowly while trying to keep her gaze locked onto Desmond's, the team would have to wait for now. She made sure the radio wasn't receiving anything. "Well, we don't know much about what really happens with these crystals, and the voice sounded like one really from HQ. Perhaps this must be another part of the test?"

But his words sounded right. This was the worst type of training mission she'd ever witnessed. It wasn't so much a surprise, if only for the fact that the other officials acted strangely. The Security Chief was one of them.

"Though I doubt. I...am going with you Desmond. We've trained together, I know we can handle anything they throw at us together. Our team, we work just like a whole organism, mutual symbiosis and all, if I could use that term. I'm choosing to go into the fire with you, and I know that we shall all be tested there. From what we've seen, many things don't match. I just can't shake that feeling that something is up with out chain of command." Agent Brown came to mind here. His voice would give clarity to this thing. There was also the matter on...the first mission. What happened with that man, and how did that bathroom work?!

"I'm hoping I'm wrong, for once." She turned towards the stairs, a heavy feeling on her chest of what was to come. Anxiety, nervousness, and fear was present. She hoped he didn't notice.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 08, 2012, 09:50:40 am »

Nicholas sighs. Figures out, that sounded just too strange to be a training mission. And to make matters even worse, people were thinking the communication channel was the right place to enact a voice-based soap opera. Since he designed that armor, he had been changing a bit, trying to be more serious and focused on the matters at hand. He had even let various opportunities to tease and annoy people slip freely. But even then, he had limits. He had been getting tired from all the drama and all that act; if Desmond really wanted to play hero, he would have already left.

"Field agent Holischuk here said the 'training mission' is also very strange in his opinion, since he never saw something alike. By the way, my comms will be magically turning themselves off. Bye." he said to the team before turning his comms off. Now he was free from all the drama and Desmond using his "authority voice", even if temporarily.

Nicholas got fed up with people who used that voice to order him around. In his opinion, a team was not about a leader being an "authority". The team leader should be someone who commands his teammates by trust, not by using a voice created to compensate for his own insecurity, and Nicholas denied Desmond as the team leader. He did not want the spot, oh no, but he also did not acknowledge the older man as the owner of the place.

Nicholas mouth moved slightly to form a mischievous smirk as his eyes moved back to the field agent and narrowed behind the helmet. Holischuk could be useful in this scenario, since he should have at least some idea of what would or should happen now.
"So...Were there any instructions given to you about how to act if the HQ happened to be compromised? A safe place, or defensive measures, anything? We don't have any knowledge about what we are facing and what we should do, but my teammates found those strange crystals in suitcases back in that building."
After turning off his comms, Nicholas questions Agent Nunchuks.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: July 08, 2012, 10:11:36 am »

((@Caellath: Btw, if it's not in '~blah blah~' it's not being said on the radio. I don't know what this 'drama' you speak of, is. :P))

Desmond nodded, accepting her decision. He seemed a bit relieved, placing a hand on Ires shoulder.

"Don't be afraid. We're in this together...for better or for wor.."

He was interrupted by Nicholas's abrupt message, and termination of communications.

"Dammit...we'll deal with him later." Desmond said, shaking his head. What was wrong with that man? He should have figured something like this would happen. HQ being compromised, indirectly compromised his own authority. Not unlike a wild teenager, Nicholas was going into a rebellious phase, apparently.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 08, 2012, 12:04:10 pm »

Caellath: since Dwarmin and Tiruin weren't talking over their links, you don't really have any reason to turn off yours.  Want to change it, or continue with turning it off for no readily apparent purpose?

"...but I think I'm already in love with you, Ires. "
I believe this means I am now contractually obligated to kill you off in a dramatic manner  :P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 08, 2012, 12:19:11 pm »

@Remalle: It's certainly your right. :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 08, 2012, 01:02:30 pm »

"Right. I'll go meet up with Des, then." Jenny nodded to Lisa, then took off for the rendezvous point.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 08, 2012, 01:05:33 pm »

"...but I think I'm already in love with you, Ires. "
I believe this means I am now contractually obligated to kill you off in a dramatic manner  :P

DO EET.

(yes I am rooting for Nicholas the loose cannon)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: July 08, 2012, 01:43:28 pm »

@Remalle: Desmond issued an "order" with an "authority voice" for the whole team. That is more than enough to tick Nicholas off. Comms stay off. :P

Yeah! Down with the establishment and old guys trying to tell you what to do!
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: July 08, 2012, 01:50:44 pm »

(If we are talking about who would be suitable for being leader of the team, then I personally think either Des or Lisa, given how they have acted with their teammates in the past, followed closely by Jenny, then Ires and Nick last of all.

Nick is a loose cannon and a loose cannon does not make a good leader, and Ires is a bit too emotional for being a leader of a superhero team, but she can change for the better if given proper motivation and time.

Jenny is the mid ground between solo and teamwork but I picture her more as a recon/stealth expert than a leader as well as a good friend to Lisa!

Desmond is experienced, iconic to others and mentally solid, all of which makes a good leader but he's emotionally invested in the well-being of Ires which may or may not be a problem later.

Lisa is the most hardcore and deadly of the team and tends to follow a more strict way of handling things but cares deeply about both her team and innocent people, but the nature of her power is unsettling to say the least and because of her early experiences with it in her training, she finds it harder than others to trust people at face value.

I love how our characters seem to take a life of their own in this RTD! Great stuff!)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 08, 2012, 02:07:51 pm »

Jenny is the mid ground between solo and teamwork but I picture her more as a recon/stealth expert than a leader as well as a good friend to Lisa!

(Thanks, and the same on this end. :3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: July 08, 2012, 02:11:24 pm »

(I personally think either Des or Lisa...Lisa is the most hardcore and deadly of the team)
((Your judgement is severely impaired by the fact you are her player. Also, Nicholas does not want to be the team leader and is aware he is not fit for the role (as mentioned in my post), but he'll scoff any half-assed attempts at ordering him around. Trying to appear as an authority to him instead of a friend is basically asking him to disobey you.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 86