Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177552 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Communication Breakdown)
« Reply #810 on: July 01, 2012, 04:33:01 pm »

Nicholas scratches the lower part of the metal helm of his suit.
"Ops. Here, come with me and I'll see if I can fix that scanner."

Go to the car and fix the scanner, allow the agent to try his luck.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: July 01, 2012, 05:34:53 pm »

(I'll leave that up to T & D; not much I can do to aid them. >.> Meanwhile, I'll play Good Cop to Zako's Bad Cop. Hopefully. :P)

"Sure did!" Jenny said in a chipper manner. "I threw you right through it. Now, my partner here has some questions she'd like to ask you, and she's way nastier than I am, so I suggest you listen to her."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: July 01, 2012, 09:42:23 pm »

"Des, wait. Try to test for any reaction by force. You could try to lightly feel around in that space, right? Move upstairs and then try to probe in that hole with your power.

"I'll stay here and listen for any anomalies, if nothing happens - short of an explosion, I'll radio you and the rest, and then peel away that covering.

"You alright with that?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: July 01, 2012, 10:49:14 pm »

(Doh! He was going to talk... And I'm all for being the bad cop. After all, being a good character in a RPG is nice an all, but being evil every once in a while is definately fun for a change of pace!)

Lisa winced from the whine in her ear and rubbed her finger in it to try and ease the sudden ringing. That was odd... Still, she had a job to do and she needed to get to it ASAP.

"Unfortunately for you, she's right. I'm a LOT meaner than she is, so I suggest that you think carefully about what you say. Now then, let's start with why you left that suitcase inside the foyer. What's in it? Why are you here?"

Interrogate the man with Jennys help.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: July 02, 2012, 12:10:05 am »

Des didn't like the plan-mostly because if it did explode, he'd be unable to help her...

But, Ires was a hero too. She knew the risks. Desmond also knew, if he didn't let Ires take the same risks they all did-part of the job-she would resent it, and him. He couldn't let that happen.

"Alright. You be careful, okay-don't get too close to it. These things probably aren't bombs...but we don't what they are. Best not to find out the hard way. My powers not exactly good at delicate use, either."

Amended Action: Desmond lightly probes with his powers around the hole and down the vent-if the case seems to react violently to even the slightest force, pull back and radio Ires.

If it does not, he heads back down carefully peels away the vent metal above where the case is, and takes the case out.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: July 02, 2012, 07:12:43 am »

((Sorry Dwarmin, couldn't think of anything else that would help. :<))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Eighty-Four! In which
« Reply #816 on: July 03, 2012, 06:12:18 pm »

Turn eighty-four.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Agent Green recovers from the shrill noise and heads back to the ceiling at Ires' suggestion, and begins to probe the vent by placing his hand near and trying to detect any kinetic energy.  [4+2] He feels the air vibrating against itself a couple of feet below him - judging by the frequency, a subsonic hum.  It's too far down for him to stick his arm down and grab it, so he heads to the seventh floor once more, [3+2] peels away the metal of the duct, and gently retrieves the suitcase.  It's hot to the touch and slightly vibrating, but doesn't explode.
Agent Fortmüller [2+2] repairs Holischuk's scanner and tunes it to the encrypted FDSPA channel.  The other agent inputs the key and begins speaking.
"This is Field Agent Marc Holischuk, I've got Fire Fighter with me.  Command, please respond, over."
There's some white noise and a garbled voice slurs something incomprehensible.  The only words Nicholas can make out are "training" and "return".
Agent Maxwell tries to play "good cop", replying to the suspect's question with a chipper "Sure did!"  This only serves to intimidate him more.
Agent Reon waits around for Desmond's results and then helps him remove the duct cover.  Once the suitcase has been carefully removed, she opens it, finding another crystal, which is glowing brightly and emitting heat.
Agent Conners grills the suspect with the help of Jenny's intimidation.
[5+1] "Oh, um, in order... I left it because that was my job, I don't know, and again, it was my job.  Can I go now?  I have a payment to pick up."

Another burst of static resolves into a deep voice which begins speaking over the heroes' earpieces.  "Good job, field agents.  The training mission has been completed.  Return to base for debriefing."

« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 06:13:58 pm by Remalle »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: July 03, 2012, 09:16:49 pm »

"A crys-"

Ires looked at Desmond with a quizzical expression until the static in the comms cleared up.

She pushed the transmitter closer to her mouth. "What. Just. Happened?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: July 03, 2012, 09:19:35 pm »

Desmond remained quiet, listening to his comm and whatever response Ires would get. No need to clutter the channel.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: July 03, 2012, 09:20:54 pm »

Nicholas crosses his arms behind him, staring at agent Holychunk.
"Our comms system just got us a warning telling us this was a training mission and we should go back to base to debrief. So, did you know of this 'training mission'? Is this really training?"

Fix the car again. With care, since it must have taken only minor damage in the last hit. Turn it into a chick magnet for good ol' agent Holyshanks.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 09:27:15 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: July 03, 2012, 09:23:07 pm »

Jenny nudged Lisa to get her attention. "Yeah, I'm not buying that. I've been on the team for awhile and I haven't heard this dude before. Let's wait and see what he has to say back to Arrow." She turned back to the man. "Sure you don't want to tell us a little more about it? You heard your friend screaming, didn't you? I could always do to you what I did to him..."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 09:25:05 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 03, 2012, 09:24:34 pm »

((@SeriousConcentrate: Nicholas is talking to another agent, face-to-face.))

Nicholas uses his comms to talk to the group, since it had been some time he had last communicated.
"I'm here talking with agent Holischuk. Maybe he knows something about this."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 09:26:43 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: July 03, 2012, 09:24:55 pm »

(Bleh, editing.)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: July 03, 2012, 10:14:06 pm »

Lisa almost facepalmed and turned to Jenny and whispered in her ear. "He was unconcious, he didn't hear anything. When we're done with this guy, I'll head for a computer to see if I can track down whoever is speaking over the radio." She then turned back to face her prisoner and talked calmly to him. "Now listen, we've already caught almost everyone who were trying to attack innocent people in this building through what's in your suitcases, so unless you want to find out what happens when one of us gets mean, I suggest you start talking. Where are the rest of your group placing their suitcases? How many are there in total?"

Interrogate!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Eighty-Four! In which
« Reply #824 on: July 07, 2012, 03:26:43 pm »

Sorry for the constant delays, guys.  Turn eighty-five.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Agent Reon raises her eyebrow at Desmond until the end of the message.  She immediately responds.
"What.  Just.  Happened?"
Agent Green waits near her, unconsciously putting his head closer to hers to hear the reply despite his own earpiece.
"Communications disruption.  An EMP was set off near your location, knocked out the signal.  Return to base for debriefing."
Agent Fortmüller crosses his arms and turns to Holischuk.
"Our comms system just got us a warning telling us this was a training mission and we should go back to base to debrief.  So, did you know of this 'training mission'?  Is this really training?"
"I didn't hear anything about a training mission, but I'm not exactly high up in the chain of command.  I'm just a lowly field agent, driving around and handing other field agents stuff they need.  But... this is the first time I've ever heard of the Department assigning a completely blind training mission.  It doesn't make much sense, if you ask me."
Agent Maxwell turns back to her man and says "Sure you don't want to tell us a little more about it? You heard your friend screaming, didn't you? I could always do to you what I did to him..."
He looks absolutely unimpressed.
Agent Conners sighs and leans over to Jenny, explaining that the guy had been unconscious at the time.  She then turns back to him.  "Now listen, we've already caught almost everyone who were trying to attack innocent people in this building through what's in your suitcases, so unless you want to find out what happens when one of us gets mean, I suggest you start talking.  Where are the rest of your group placing their suitcases?  How many are there in total?"
[3] He sighs.  "Ok, look, I've got places to be, so I'm going to try to do this quick.  Our job was just to take the cases up to the roof.  The plan was we'd go in, uh, staggered, all taking different routes at different times and that.  I saw her," he points at Jenny, "and panicked, left my suitcase on the bench for one of my buddies to grab, and tried to leave."

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 86