Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177562 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (We're back! Again!)
« Reply #795 on: June 27, 2012, 01:54:39 am »

"If you don't tell her... I'll step on your balls," Jennifer threatened. She only weighed like ninety-something pounds, but she was sure that would still hurt.

Jenny tries to act intimidating to make Lisa's job easier.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 27, 2012, 02:35:50 am »

Desmond decided to put his super brain to use.

Action: Think about what the hole could mean. Does that hole look suspiciously crystal sized?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Eighty-Two! In which no progress is made.
« Reply #797 on: June 29, 2012, 04:48:47 pm »

Eighty-second turn.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Agent Fortmüller stops, says "I need to check something," and runs back to where he smashed Agent Holischuk's car.  The road hasn't been cleared yet but a couple of ambulances and a few police cruisers have already arrived on the scene.  The agent is standing near the remains of his car, talking to a police officer, when he looks up and notices Nicholas.
"Ah, here he is now.  No no, officer, I won't be pressing charges.  Yes, he works at the NSA as well, it's all in that file... no, I assure you that won't be necessary.  Please try to understand, it was a simple accident, you know how finicky those military prototypes can be..."
Agent Reon greets Desmond and shows him the hole in vent, and updates the entire team on the situation.  She then takes a closer look at the hole.  [hidden spot check] It's too small for a person, yes, but you could probably fit something smaller in.  She can't determine whether the hole was made by a person or not, and it's too dark inside to see clearly.
Agent Conners and Agent Maxwell continue to grill the suspect.
"Do you know the instructions for the rest of your crew?  Which way were they all going to go?  What were they going to do to get to there?  Speak quickly or I'll break something!"
"If you don't tell her... I'll step on your balls."
[1+1] He doesn't look particularly impressed by Jenny's threat, and doesn't say anything else.
Agent Green ponders the hole in the vent.  [hidden spot check] Well, nobody could be using it to get into the ventilation system this time, and animals probably wouldn't be able to gnaw their way through the steel, so the only thing he could think of it being use for would be to stash an explosive.  It looks like one of the suitcases would be able to fit inside the hole, but Desmond doesn't see one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 29, 2012, 05:05:48 pm »

Jenny glanced at Lisa, shrugged, and then stepped on the man's groin as she threatened to do.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 29, 2012, 06:16:45 pm »

Nicholas gets close to the agent and waves for him to come. A 7 feet tall battlesuit-wearing man with a red cape and weapons almost the size of a human being has to give off an aura of some respect, right to the officers, right? If not, at least an aura of fear.
"Agent, the central has not been answering any of our calls, and we got a situation up there. Do you have any idea on what has happened?"

Talk to Agent Holischuk and use the available time to use the robotics skill to start repairing the car into a low-rider with fully automatic driving and full of smooth moves.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: June 29, 2012, 06:50:20 pm »

"Des, I'll check the floor below. Central isn't responding back at all."

Check the floor below this one - the spot under that hole.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 29, 2012, 10:35:22 pm »

Lisa sighed and pushed Jenny back.

"Forget it, we'll just talk to the other ones."

She then stepped forward and placed a finger on the prisoner's forehead, draining him unconcious in a second.

"You're not very good at this whole interrogation thing, are you? Perhaps I could handle the talking on the next one? I appreciate the help though."

Drain this guy unconcious, pull Jenny out of the room with me, tell the guards outside to restrain this man for pickup and then head to the next guy.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 29, 2012, 10:44:43 pm »

"Hey, I was a pizza delivery girl before this super-heroine stuff happened," Jenny said mildly with a shrug. "I'm more used to asking people what their address is than what address they plan on blowing up."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Communication Breakdown)
« Reply #803 on: June 30, 2012, 01:07:48 am »

"What, you haven't watched any cop movies before where they interrogate witnesses, or stuff like that before? Eh, whatever, we still got important stuff out of him anyway." Lisa replied.

"... I was a cleaning lady before the explosion, but don't tell the others. They might laugh at me."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 30, 2012, 01:30:40 am »

"Hey, you don't tell, I don't tell." Jenny crossed her heart with a finger. "And I'm not a fan of all that CSI Miami, New York, wherever stuff. I prefer, well, The Last Unicorn over Bad Boys 2."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 30, 2012, 06:10:31 am »

"Hey, I was a pizza delivery girl before this super-heroine stuff happened," Jenny said mildly with a shrug. "I'm more used to asking people what their address is than what address they plan on blowing up."
((This cracked me up.  :P))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 01, 2012, 03:35:32 pm »

Waiting on Dwarmin

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 01, 2012, 03:42:15 pm »

Action: Assist Ires in her search, anyway. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Very well then!  Turn eighty-three!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Agent Maxwell looks exasperatedly at Lisa, sighs, and makes good on her threat.
[5] "AAAAAAAAAGH FUCK OK OK YOU WIN I'LL TA-"
He's cut off by Lisa knocking him out.
Agent Fortmüller walks over to the other agent and begins tinkering with his car as he speaks.
"Agent, the central has not been answering any of our calls, and we got a situation up there.  Do you have any idea on what has happened?"
"I haven't heard anything.  My connection to command was the scanner in the car, and, well... yeah."
[6+2] Nicholas steps back from his handiwork.  Just needed to bend some metal back into place, make a few adjustments, and voila! a tripling of horsepower.  Then he installs a copy of his suit's OS onto the car and it rumbles away from him, straight into the spun-out car blocking the road.
Agent Reon turns to Desmond.  "Des, I'll check the floor below.  Central isn't responding back at all."  She heads down to the seventh floor and tries to find the spot directly below where the hole in the vent is.  [hidden spot check] Ah... there it is.  The ceiling is a patchwork of sound-proofing tiles, dangling wires, bare concrete, and air ducts.  She reaches up and taps on the duct below the vent on the roof, finding that the area sounds different than the rest of it.  Less hollow.
Agent Conners knocks out the screaming suspect and says "Forget it, we'll just talk to the other ones."
She and Jenny chat as they head toward the next suspect.  Lisa wakes him up with the charge from the first one.
"...hey, what...?  Ugh... hey... did- did I get tossed through a car?"
Agent Green follows Ires anyway, but can't determine much more than her.  Judging by the area of muffledness, though, there's probably something at least roughly suitcase-sized inside that vent.

All of the heroes suddenly hear a high-pitched electronic squeal in their earpieces.  It fades in about ten seconds.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: July 01, 2012, 04:20:47 pm »

Desmond all but staggered to one side, as if someone had struck him on the head-luckily, the noise stopped before he decide to rip the thing out.

"...this is not good." He said to Ires.

"Unless you have a better idea, Ires, I'll try to take it out the tough way."
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 12:10:23 am by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 86