Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177566 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (We're back! Again!)
« Reply #780 on: June 22, 2012, 09:48:26 pm »

(You're outside by the suitcases. Perhaps you should try opening them to see what is inside?)

"Just about to get 'round to that with my 'perp. Come on then."

Lisa then waved at some nearby guards to get their attention.

"Can you take this guy into another room and keep him in there for me? I'll be around to handle him in a bit."

Get the guards to put Jenny's prisoner away for safekeeping and take Jenny with me to talk with my suspect. Calmly ask him why he attacked me, why he is here and what's in his briefcase.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 25, 2012, 08:26:14 pm »

Waiting on Dwarmin and Tiruin.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 25, 2012, 08:49:58 pm »

"Damn, this isn't a bomb...

I think they wanted to use this to create more supers.

Don't like that humming. I'm getting it out of here."
Desmond says.

Action: Pack up the crystal and get it outside to a clear spot, like an empty parking lot.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 26, 2012, 08:54:32 am »

"And I'll...take care of anything else."

Clean the place of any evidence of a fight, and look for any traces of that crystal residue thing.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

And now back to our regularly scheduled irregular schedule for turn eighty!

Spoiler: Mpas (click to show/hide)

Agent Maxwell looks up at Lisa as she enters, followed by Nicholas.
"Hey.  Can you interrogate this guy for me?  I'm... not really good at the whole intimidation thing."
"Just about to get 'round to that with my 'perp.  Come on then."
She prods Lisa's perp until he wakes up and hangs around as she begins the interrogation.
Agent Fortmüller stands near Lisa as she begins interrogating, helping out by carving a "W" until the wall with his axe and holding it not-subtly near the guy's crotch.  He whimpers (+1 to next interrogation check).
Agent Conners gets the attention of the nearby guards first.
"Can you take this guy into another room and keep him in there for me?  I'll be around to handle him in a bit."
"You got it."
She turns to the whimpering man on the floor.
"Why did you attack me?  Why are you here?"
[3+1] "It was just orders, I swear!  The guy who hired me, he told me to put this briefcase up on the roof, and if anybody followed me or tried to stop me, knock 'em down!  That's all... please, don't hurt me, I don't even know the guy who hired me."
"What was in the briefcase?"
[5] "...alright, look, I wasn't supposed to open it, but I did, just outta curiousity, right?  But I don't even know what I saw.  It was some kinda gem, I guess.  Pretty big for a gem, I s'pose, but other then that it looked pretty normal.  I guess it's expensive and someone was buyin'."
Agent Green packs up the case and takes it outside, looking for a clear place to put it.  Eventually he settles on putting it in the parking lot with the other two cases, guarded by the security guards who've succeeded in clearing the crowd.
Agent Reon tidies up the elevator car a bit and searches for traces of "crystal residue".  [hidden search check] She finds none.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 26, 2012, 01:35:25 pm »

((Is it inFamous all over again?))

Nicholas' mind sparks a little.
"Well, what if the crystals are actually the objects supposed to explode? What if those are the things that cause destruction and awaken superpowers in a few people?"

"...It may sound unreasonable, but those crystals seem unusual, and it may be a valid theory."

"Central, we have more of those crystals here."

Contact the Central.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 26, 2012, 01:42:12 pm »

"You're doing well. Keep this up and you won't go to prison for 30 years. Spectra, get a pen and paper for this man would you? Firefighter, come over here for a sec."

Lisa pulled Nick aside and leant in close to whisper in his ear.

"What sort of crystal explodes when it's in a certain place? Still, he was heading to the roof for a reason. Go check the cases and make sure that the contents are still there and then head to the roof and take a good look around. There might be some kind of bomb up there that activates in proximity to the crystals. We'll finish up here and take those cases somewhere away from here when we are done."

Lisa then walks back over to the prisoner and calmly continues where she left off.

"This man that hired you, how did he contact you? Did you talk to him in person? What does he look like? How does he talk? Describe him as much as possible and we'll be gentle. Just write what you know about the person that hired you down, and we'll be done here, for now at any rate."

Finish up the interrogation with the help of my teammates.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 26, 2012, 01:59:08 pm »

Nicholas rose an eyebrow as Lisa tried to pull him and whisper at his ear.
"Err...I'm inside a six feet tall armored suit, trying to whisper in my ear is not as effective as you think. And anyway, we have superpowers. That is not very logical as well, so exploding crystals would not get me surprised."
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:31:16 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 26, 2012, 04:29:30 pm »

"You got it," Jenny responded, if only because Connors had called her Spectra. She snapped her fingers to one of the guards. "Think you could get me some blank printer paper and a pen?" she asked him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 26, 2012, 08:49:21 pm »

"Command, I'm...receiving strange anomalic disturbances in the background of the maps here. Have you any...read?

"Team, am moving to the higher floors to check for any more disturbances, and probably those fans on the roof just in case."

Search yon roof for any signs of breaching or other personnel, stealthily.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 26, 2012, 09:06:44 pm »

Action: Find Ires and assist her search
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Eighty-One! In which this title is retroactive
« Reply #791 on: June 26, 2012, 11:22:18 pm »

Eighty-first turn.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Agent Fortmüller confers with Lisa.  A few minutes later, he makes up his mind and radios mission control again.
"Central, we have more of those crystals here."
There's still no response.
Agent Conners walks back to her prisoner with a pen and paper provided by Jenny.
"This man that hired you, how did he contact you?  Did you talk to him in person?  What does he look like?  How does he talk?  Describe him as much as possible and we'll be gentle.  Just write what you know about the person that hired you down, and we'll be done here, for now at any rate."
[3] The man scowls and looks set to resist, but Nicholas steps forward and he quickly reconsiders.  He scribbles his statement down and hands it back to Lisa.
3 weeks ago, me and 3 of my crew were looking for 'work' in may falls. I dont now how he found us, but I was called by a man, who sad that him and his freinds needed muscle for a job in aventin, that hed leave suitcases at a drop off point a few blocks S of hear, a long with our instructions for where to leave them. we also got half our pay there, with the second half there tomorow. I never saw or met the guy, he had a deep voice tho and a brooklyn accent.
"That's all I got."
Agent Maxwell sends a security guard lounging around nearby to fetch a pen and paper at Lisa's request.  He looks annoyed for a moment, but enters one of the side rooms and returns a moment later with the items, which Jenny hands over to Lisa.
Agent Reon "Command, I'm... receiving strange anomalic disturbances in the background of the maps here.  Have you any... read?"
As with Nicholas there's no response.
"Team, am moving to the higher floors to check for any more disturbances, and probably those fans on the roof just in case."
She matches deeds to words and heads up to the roof, joined by Agent Green.  [hidden search check] As they look around for signs of anybody having been there, she notices a hole cut in the side of one of the vents, too small for a person.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 04:49:45 pm by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 26, 2012, 11:25:48 pm »

Nicholas stops for a moment.
"I need to check something."

Run back to the point where Nicholas smashed the agent's car. If he is already gone, search for him while running towards the Central.
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 27, 2012, 12:41:06 am »

((I really had to check of those x's were legit.  :P))

Ires pointed out the hole in the vent after greeting Desmond. "Command isn't responding for some reason.

"I'll check this out, Des. I don't like this feeling. Like something bad will happen soon. Something is disrupting our communications, but at least we can talk."
She noticed the lack of crystal on the good man. "Team, could you check for any more people in the place, other than the first floor? I'm seeing something on the roof, a hole in the vents too small for a person, going to check it out."

She then looked at Desmond after radioing everyone else. He was hurt, she could see, and she felt sadness at seeing that. Where were the first aid kits when you needed them?

"We're lost now. Contact with command seems to be severed. Though, we've found another strange crystal and based on what I hear, Jenny and Lisa are taking care of the other guy.

"This may be a mouse, but I'm wondering how anything like this could happen."

Examine hole and determine to see on what's inside it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 27, 2012, 01:13:08 am »

Something stirred in the back of Lisa's mind when she read his statement.

... Me and 3 of my crew...

They had only caught 3...

"Do you know the instructions for the rest of your crew? Which way were they all going to go? What were they going to do to get to there? Speak quickly or I'll break something!"

Interrorgate for the last time on the whereabouts for the last dude we haven't caught yet.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 86