Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177402 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Waitlist is empty, reserve your spot today!)
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2012, 03:57:08 pm »

Nicholas finishes building the robot and nods.
"Well, I guess I'll be sniping after all, but I will also send my robot in."

While there are no targets, control the robot and send it to enter the little door right after...Sonic Boom...and search for useful information that may be helpful for the main offensive.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2012, 04:02:15 pm »

Jenny's plan will be to enter after Sonic Boom, assess the immediate threat, and turn invisible if necessary. Whether or not she does, she'll then immediately get into the shadows.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2012, 04:28:58 pm »

Thomas frowned slightly whenever his code name was mentioned. I guess it could be worse. Maybe it's better that I not stand out with an awesome name, anyway ... This mission should be easy enough, and will be much more interesting then non-lethally stopping a mugger.

Thomas will wait until the door is opened, then activate his temporal recoil and run to hit the switch. He will make some effort to stay in the darkness and behind things, but focus mainly on speed. If anybody not in powered armor gets in his way, decapitation should ensue.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2012, 05:47:08 pm »

Desmond felt a surge of excitement...

Action: Lead the charge! Try and minimize fire on friendly non-superpowered allies, by covering them with my shield and body.

Prioritize slowing down powered armor soldiers with my power long enough for the other heroes to gang up on them alongside me.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2012, 01:44:57 am »

Ires decided to go along with the plan. Backing up the switch-man (Jenny) by shooting anyone who tried to stop him with her arrows. If busy, then supporting Desmond would do instead.

She would probably try to not aim to kill, but to maim or cripple any enemy soldiers.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

I was just about to go to bed when I noticed Tiruin's reply, so forgive me if anything is off about Turn Six.

Things were chaotic with the usual last-minute preparations and positioning.
The warehouse where the mob boss was holed up took up a good portion of a block.  The south side was where the only entrances were located, a regular-sized door and a rather thick truck-sized steel one.  Both these doors opened onto a parking lot, which was filled with police vehicles and police men.  The people door was surrounded by a pair of door breachers, a small robot, Thomas Jackson, and Jennifer Maxwell.  The team's radio link crackled.
"Sonic and Blue are ready to go."
"Sonic and Blue?  Seriously?"
"Don't even start with this."
Further to the south was a small building where a small team of snipers, including Nicholas Fortmüller, had taken up positions on the roof.
"Fire Fighter is good."
"And what kind of a code name is-"
"Seriously, knock it off."
A demolitions squad positioned themselves by the west wall, ready to blast open an entrance.  Desmond Green, Ires Reon, and John Wash were getting ready to enter the breach.
"Red, Green, and Lash are in position."
"Entering in three... two... one..."

In a well-practiced maneuver, one of the door breachers shot open the lock and the other tossed in a flashbang.  Agent Jackson altered his perception of time, slowing the rest of the world down four times, as soon as the flashbang detonated.  He knew he had about eleven and a quarter minutes from his perspective in this state.  Running in while the thugs inside were blinded, he relayed tactical information over the radio link to the others as he searched for the switch.
"Iswifemauuythmesi!"
"Uh... what?"
[4] He found and flipped the switch with no problems and before anyone had recovered enough to start shooting at him.  Slowly, loudly, the steel vehicle door began to open, and the SWAT armour and sniper squads readied themselves.
Meanwhile, Agent Fortmüller's robot had snuck in unnoticed and began to assess the situation.  A readout appeared on everyone's heads-up views.
Seven hostiles detected within ten meters.  Two suits of powered armour.  Three machine guns.  Two shotguns.  Magnetic field source detected underneath the floor.
[1] Unfortunately, this as far as the brave robot got before somebody recovered enough to see it and shoot it up.  The robot was destroyed.
At about the same time as the robot, Agent Maxwell entered, took to the shadows, and turned invisible.  [5] Nobody saw nor heard anything.
The two powered armour suits, three thugs with machine guns, and two thugs with shotguns had all recovered enough to see.  Unfortunately for them, there was no longer anything to see.

At the same time the front door was breached a man-sized hole had been blown out of the west wall.  Agent Green led the charge, shielding everybody behind him with his shield and his own body.
"I see a suit of powered armour and three guys with machine guns.  They're still stunned from the explosion."
He charged at the powered armour and [3+1] knocked it down with a blast of kinetic energy.
Agent Reon was behind him, arrow nocked, Agent Wash at her side.  Seeing a thug starting to take aim at Desmond, she [2+1] fired at him, cutting his face with a graze and distracting him.
"Good job, Green."
Agent Wash followed her lead and disarmed the next man to try and take aim at Desmond with a well-aimed whip.
The SWAT armour squad that was supposed to back them up were too bulky to get through the hole, and the demo squad went back to work enlarging it.
One of the thugs with a machine gun recovered enough from his surprise to fire at Desmond, who simply robbed the bullets of their energy as they hit him.  Some of the bullets bounced away and fell to the ground, others stuck in his clothing.
"Oh, shit!  Everybody!  We've got supers!"

« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 03:33:29 am by Remalle »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2012, 05:45:28 am »

Ires sighed upon hearing the revalation. That phrase was just like mentioning the piping in her building. It meant shock and awe was to follow, including more effort on the target's part.

Aim for the weak points of the nearest enemy power armor and fire at it.

Or defend anyone in trouble by distraction shot.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 07:44:30 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2012, 06:30:29 am »

Nicholas was slightly disappointed that his small robot had been destroyed on its first mission. His next robots would be sturdier...
"Well, I guess it is time."
Pick targets and shoot to kill (aim for the machine gunners). Move to acquire them if necessary.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 07:36:18 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2012, 07:30:45 am »

Jenny, going by sound, tries to get behind her targets, then decloaks and uses her grapnel to get the gun of the guy furthest behind the other targets. She won't fire, however, unless an enemy is positioned in such a way that she won't accidentally hit a teammate.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 07:47:36 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2012, 07:39:12 am »

Get behind the nearest suit of powered armor and slice at the back of its knees to bring it down, then disable its shoulders. Decapitate anyone in my way.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2012, 07:59:39 am »

Action: Concentrate my attacks on the power armored targets
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Seven! In which people shoot at you
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2012, 12:34:52 pm »

I just woke up to the sweet sight of everybody having sent in their actions.  Turn Seven now.

Agent Reon sighed as the thug who'd been firing at Agent Green shouted a warning.  Judging the downed powered armour to be priority one, she attempted to shoot it in a vulnerable joint.  The armour was still able to move, however, and pointed its arm at her.  [5] Ires was easily able to get out of the way before bullets sprayed where she'd been, and took cover behind some sort of heavy machinery.
Agent Green continued his attack on the downed armour, [1] but another round of shots pushed him back before he could do anything.  Desmond wasn't able to get his shield up in time and took the impacts on his chest, absorbing the energy but not the pain.  The powered armour labouriously got to its feet.
Agent Wash had been watching Ires' back when he noticed something.
"Those armour suits... they don't have any power source I can see besides some sort of metal plate thing on their backs.  The robot detected some sort of a magnetic field... I think we've got something like a wireless phone charger on a really large scale here.  I'm going to try and find it and disable it; Green, follow me."
The powered armour pilot grumbled as he got to his feet.  Cops, SWAT armour even, was one thing; superheroes who could knock a powered armour suit to the ground without any real effort?  He was not prepared for that.
"The one with the shield is bulletproof and the one with the bow dodges bullets.  Let's get out of here."
Another guy laughed nervously.
"Do you have any idea just what the boss will do to us if we run?"
Two more thugs with machine guns approached cautiously.  There were no clear targets for them yet, so they flanked the armour suit.  Now, in addition to the powered armour pilot, there were five men with machine guns.  The one who'd lost his gun earlier scrambled to pick it up before anything worse happened to him.
With a series of small blasts the hole in the wall widened.  A squad of four SWAT pilots entered.

Meanwhile to the south, the large door had rumbled all the way open.  Agent Fortmüller took aim at a shotgun-wielding man who had made the mistake of standing next to it, and fired a single shot.  [3+1] He fell, a hole blown through his abdomen, and didn't move again.
"Nice shot!"
"I was aiming for his head."
The few thugs who'd been standing by the large door scattered.  Deciding the angle from the rooftop wasn't good enough, Nicholas started moving down to the ground.
Agent Maxwell made her way behind the enemies while invisible and only walked into the side of a shipping container once.  Turning visible again she tried to grab the nearest thug's gun.  [1+1] She didn't quite manage it, but the guy was too focused in the other direction to notice.
Agent Jackson ran to get behind the nearest powered armour suit.  Moving four times faster than the rest of the world meant that, while he couldn't dodge bullets, he could be sure nobody would be able to aim at him.  [3+1] He sliced the pilot's knees where there was no armour.  A muffled scream arose from inside the helmet and the armour fell flat on its face, where Thomas tried disabling its arms, too; [3+1+1-1] with a couple more slashes the pilot wasn't able to move at all.
The other powered armour suit moved to try and prevent anyone from entering the big door.  The shotgun thug and one guy with a machine gun took up positions covering the door.  The other two machine gun thugs were joined by three more, trying to fire at Thomas but missing as he was never close to where he was when they opened fire.
A squad of six SWAT armour suits entered through the big door.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2012, 12:49:22 pm »

The funniest part is that if I was the one sniping, I would aim for the torso. For technical reasons.
"♫~Hmm~~~♫Hmm♫..."
Nicholas started to move down to get a better vision of the targets while whistling calmly.

Take down a machine gunner in the next shot. Shoot to kill.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 12:52:38 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2012, 12:58:31 pm »

Jenny elected instead to just grapnel the guy by the throat and haul him back, then choke him into unconsciousness.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2012, 01:48:52 pm »

Killing frenzy against unarmored hostiles.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 86