Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177541 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Now with no maps!)
« Reply #390 on: April 29, 2012, 01:31:07 am »

"Let's say no powers. It wouldn't be very interesting for you if I just hid all the time, would it? And I wouldn't really learn anything, either." Jenny asked with a smile. She rolled into the ring, then stood and did a few stretches. "Although I'm going to claim the 'ladies first' rule if you don't mind." She closed distance and checked his defenses with a pair of quick jabs.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 29, 2012, 02:27:34 am »

Desmond inclined his head politely, silently acquiescing. When he looked back up, Jenny had begun moving into the attack from across the ring-almost twice as fast as he'd guessed she could have. He let his kinetic absorption drop away in the space of breath-mentally, it felt like folding up an umbrella in the middle of a rain storm-leaving him vulnerable to Jenny's no doubt painful body shots.

She's got initiative...let's blow off some of that steam he thought, adapting a martial defensive posture. He intended to check her first blows, knock her off balance, get her frustrated. Then, they could start for real.

Of course, they weren't exactly fighting to win-traditionally, one attacked, while the other defended-only counter striking obvious mistakes. Naturally, the competitive vibe sometimes took over, and a made practice match into something like a real one.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:29:34 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 29, 2012, 02:40:44 am »

Jenny grunted as Desmond blocked her jabs and follow-up knee. She caught his return fist with both hands, although the force of it caused her to stumble back. She regained her balance, hopped further back, and shook her hands to get a bit of the sting and numbness out. "Jeez, you hit hard, don'tcha?" Well, strength wasn't particularly her suit, anyway. She was a delivery girl; she got things done fast! She'd just have to focus on getting in two, three, or even four hits for every one of his blows. One thing was for sure; she'd have to avoid being grappled or put in a clinch by him. That would more or less be an immediate end to the match since she had no way of matching his strength. Instead, she ducked in again, going low with a pair of hooks to the stomach and aiming a quick uppercut to the chin.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Thirty-Eight! In which the heroes are briefed
« Reply #393 on: April 29, 2012, 04:19:07 am »

It's also a natural law that Caellath has a dirty dirty mind.[/size]
((:P))

Ires nodded to Lisa before the group split up to their own doings, as her leg was now hale enough for active duty, she decides to put it to good use, heading to the nearest area for training.

Try to learn Acrobatics/Parkour

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 29, 2012, 07:11:32 am »

Desmond weaved left and right, taking the stomach blows more or less without difficulty-and on instinct, pulled back at the last possible moment-he saw Jenny's seemingly dainty fist scything up into his chin, like a tiny comet. It wasn't a straight blow, but it did clip him, and Desmond felt himself forced back on his toes.

She's been practicing that right hook he thought. In close quarters, she had the definite advantage-where her superior speed and reflexes negated his power and reach.

Leaning back into the fight, he swung a ponderous but heavy attack from his left-a deliberate feint, his weight was actually on his right side, where he intended to follow through. He needed to force her back a step.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 08:22:24 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Thirty-Eight! In which the heroes are briefed
« Reply #395 on: April 29, 2012, 07:41:15 am »

It's also a natural law that Caellath has a dirty dirty mind.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 29, 2012, 08:46:59 am »

Jenny got her left in the way and grunted as she took the blow full-force, causing her to stumble to the side again. Desmond immediately followed up with a punch from the right side; she was fast enough that even off balance she managed to catch it with her right arm, but it was probably going to leave a bruise. She more-or-less literally rolled with the punch and used it to get some distance between them. "You don't hold back, do ya?" She raised an eyebrow and pushed her hair back, tucking it behind her ears.

After a moment to recover, she darted in again, but quickly juked to the side, leaped into the air, and attempted to slam an elbow into the top of his head on the way down.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 29, 2012, 10:12:42 am »

The pair circled for a moment, recovering.

"Oh? I guess I should *stop* holding back, then." Desmond said, with a rumbling laugh. He set his feet, looking for the juke. They almost always tried that-no patience for the give and take of melee, they took the risk. It came from the left, though-and by the time he adjusted his grip, she was in the air, bringing her weight to bear down on him.

But, Airborn-she didn't have the advantage of gravity. Attacking from the air was risky, since it left you so open. Now, he was about to show her.

Desmond swatted her elbow to one side-and sidestepped with a burst of speed (not that he could do much bursting), ducking under the relatively narrow range of her attack. He took a step back, wondering how fast she could recover from hitting the ground like that. He suspected quite fast-and that she would go for his legs next. Then again, he could be surprised.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 29, 2012, 10:19:06 am »

Jenny landed smoothly, almost expecting that. Her next move was to grab his shoulders, drive herself in, and aim a knee for his mid-section... although grappling him was risky, it might pay off.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 29, 2012, 10:30:59 am »

Desmond was taken off guard by the next attack-he had expected she would use those legs of hers to strike at one of his knees, but the woman all but rushed into his arms before he could react, grabbed his shoulders and pivoted her knee into his gut, forcing a wheeze of breath out of him. Ow. He knew if had been a normal human, that might have broken a rib. She had done the smart thing-changing the flow of battle to her advantage.

Now, Jenny had given her shot-but now she was in his domain. They grappled for a moment, Desmond slowly loosening her grip on him-Jenny continuing to strike telling blows-but Desmond was weathering them, even if they hurt...and shifting the weight of the combat toward his advantage. Just a moment more, and he could introduce her to the mat.

In a technical sense, Jenny had to escape his grip or lose the fight-Desmond just had to keep from getting knocked on the ground himself. He was being careful, in case she tried a throw-to use his own weight against him.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 29, 2012, 10:54:33 am »

(Guess I'm going to have to try a throw. XD If you want to win with a slam, though, go ahead; I won't begrudge a loss. ^^^)

Jenny grunted and tried to turn to the side, bringing her opponent up and over her hip to flip him past her and onto his back. Or at least, that's what she hoped would happen. Desmond was much bigger than her - although given that she was only five feet tall and barely one hundred pounds, that could apply to everyone she knew - and a lot stronger in the bargain.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 29, 2012, 11:33:48 am »

For a moment, the two competitors were matched-Desmond's iron strength to Jenny's slippery dexterity. Both strained muscles, gritting their teeth-clutching and turning, looking for a weakness, an edge. Of course, it had finally come to a contest of strength-and, it could only end one way.

Jenny was flipped on her back and slammed to the mat of the boxing ring with a leathery smack that resounded through the training room. Desmond didn't do so with any grudge or anger-only with the authority that the first match was over.

Desmond was still breathing hard, as he extended a hand to help her up.

"...Well. That was fun, Jenny. You're pretty fierce, despite your size. I admire that.

So...round 2, what do you say? I'll teach you to fight to your strengths, instead of mine."
He said, smiling gamely.

((OOC: Not actually Rp'ing combat round 2, mind you :P ))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 29, 2012, 11:48:02 am »

Jenny laid on her back for a minute, looking up at the ceiling. With a sigh, she took Desmond's hand and pulled herself to her feet. "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Just give me a minute to catch my breath and make sure I don't have anything bruised," she said, rubbing at her hip from where she had landed rather painfully. After a quick patdown of her back for sore areas, she nodded to Desmond. "This time I'll let you start. So... whenever you're ready?"

(That's fine; don't want to dominate the thread, after all. ^^^;)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Turn thirty nine.  I'm not reposting all that, but well fought, lady and gentleman.

In the final day before they leave for New York, the heroes worked on their last-minute preparations.
Agent Fortmüller worked feverishly on his suit of powered armour.  [3] With the recent setbacks, he estimated he was about ninety percent done, and could bring the prototype on the mission if he wanted to.
Agent Maxwell and Agent Green sparred for a while, Desmond winning mostly.  [4] Their matches were good enough that they both learned something.
Agent Conners requisitioned a tactical baton and divided her time between learning how to use it and developing her power.  [4] She was somehow able to develop it to the point where she could receive more energy then she took and give more energy then she used, causing a nearby scientist to break down in tears.
Agent Reon practiced parkour and free running in the gym, [6] and in a matter of just a few hours had picked up enough of the basics to be quite good.

The next day the team boarded the helicopter and left Aventin, and a few hours later landed in New York.  The police liaison was waiting for them there.
"So you're the new heroes from Aventin, huh?  Good to meetcha, I'm Bryce Gibbons.  I appreciate your coming all the way over here, so we won't waste any time.
"You've probably already heard about the gang we brought you here to fight.  Weird weapons, weird clothes, weird tactics, no organization, the works.  Basically, it's the Joker times a dozen or so.  I don't need to tell you about that.  I did think you might be interested in knowing that you'll be fighting alongside SWAT and a few of New York's heroes.  The mayor says we can use all the lethal force we want, as long as we don't endanger civvies, too."
Sergeant Gibbons pulls out a map of Manhattan and shows it to the team.  Times Square, the Empire State Building, Central Park, and the UN Headquarters are circled.
"The Hammers like to pop up in a very visible area, never the same one twice, cause mayhem, and disappear when the cops show.  Our profilers say they're escalating and will almost certainly attack one of these locations sometime in the next few days.  We want to have two heroes and a SWAT squad at each of these locations.  It's not ideal, personally, I think we're spreading our forces too thin, but it's the safest way.  Once the goons are spotted everyone else can converge there.
"Ok, that's the basics of the plan.  Any questions before you go?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 29, 2012, 06:01:28 pm »

Desmond thought for a moment.

"Sounds easy enough. What's making them so dangerous, anyway? Equipment? Powers? Or are they just crazy?"
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:15:26 pm by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 86