Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177530 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Now with no maps!)
« Reply #375 on: April 28, 2012, 10:29:04 am »

((GM, since I could not train Conga, can I at least get a second shot at the armor?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 28, 2012, 10:50:50 am »

((@Cael: You can still use your last minute action next turn, I believe))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 28, 2012, 01:05:10 pm »

"Yeah, that sounds good. Let's go. You can lead the way."

Lisa got up from her seat next to Ires and opened the door for her, following her after she left.

"So, tell me about these guys. What are they like? What exactly should I expect?"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Thirty-Seven Point Three!
« Reply #378 on: April 28, 2012, 02:20:51 pm »

Zako: yeah, you can control your power.  So when you touch someone you could drain them (at a fixed rate), have no effect, or heal them (again, at a fixed speed).  But I like the bit of backstory you wrote, so I'll say if you're unconscious your body will automatically drain anybody who touches you.
Now another mini-update for SC.

Agent Maxwell, still invisible, reached into the broken window of the car, grapnel cable held between her hands, [3+1+1] and looped it around the thief's neck.  With a quick tug he was out of the car and on the ground, and with a quick strike to the back of the head he was unconscious.  She cuffed him and left him beside the car before calling the police and being on her way.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Thirty-Seven Point Three!
« Reply #379 on: April 28, 2012, 02:23:33 pm »

so I'll say if you're unconscious your body will automatically drain anybody who touches you.
At least she can not be touched inappropriately even while unconscious. Also, different beds.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 28, 2012, 02:25:05 pm »

Jenny decided to head back for now (so as not to hold up everyone else) and, for her 'last minute' action, trained her hand-to-hand abilities to prevent embarrassing mistakes like that from happening again.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 28, 2012, 03:19:58 pm »

((@SC: You could have probably held off on your last minute action for now, since no one else has done one yet. Also, my char will help yours with hand-to-hand when in the sparring ring. Rem can just hold off rolling it till next turn, I guess.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 28, 2012, 03:47:36 pm »

((@SC: You could have probably held off on your last minute action for now, since no one else has done one yet. Also, my char will help yours with hand-to-hand when in the sparring ring. Rem can just hold off rolling it till next turn, I guess.))
Yep.  I'll have the next turn up when I've finished writing the next mission, don't know when that'll be.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Thirty-Eight! In which the heroes are briefed
« Reply #383 on: April 28, 2012, 09:09:31 pm »

Turn thirty-eight.  It's a natural law that in any universe New York shows up in, it'll be host to weirdery.  It's also a natural law that Caellath has a dirty dirty mind.

Jenny decided to head home after subduing the would-be carjacker.  A few people witnessed the event, and she gained [3] reputation!  She's starting to become respected on the streets of Aventin, the early incident with the flashbang all but forgotten.

Just a few days later, Ires having been cleared for active duty in record time, Waylon Brown calls the team in.  He clears his throat and begins the briefing.
"Okay agents, you're going to New York City for the next mission.  The NYPD is requesting all the help they can get to take down a particularly vicious "theme" gang, the Silver Hammers, that've been assaulting civilians for the past few weeks.  Their numbers are believed to be between ten to fifteen, with no apparent leader.  They all like to use unconventional weaponry, from swords and explosives to traps and bare hands, and sound tactics, including their most-used, "disappear when the cops show up".  You'll be working with some of the sanctioned heroes of New York and reporting to the FDSPA-NYPD Liaison, but I'm afraid I don't know much about them.  Once you're there you can ask them your questions.
"You're leaving tomorrow, so make sure to get any preparations you need to get done, done.  Dismissed."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 28, 2012, 09:26:29 pm »

Nicholas works furiously on his power armor. It has to have small rockets all around for maneuvering. And he has to finish it before going to NY.
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 28, 2012, 09:32:09 pm »

Jenny challenges Desmond to intense one on one hand to hand combat training! If he chooses to accept, that is, otherwise she'll just train hand to hand on her own.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 28, 2012, 10:01:14 pm »

As she walked out of the room, Lisa took a deep breath and turned to face everyone else in the team. They all looked formidable, but she knew that she would have to make do.

"So, I guess we will be working together on this one... Umm... Nice to meet you all? Anyway, if you got any spare time after doing whatever you want, do you mind if we meet up before the mission starts so we can introduce ourselves better?"

A quick glace down the corridor and she was already backing off to go practice.

"Anyway, we can talk on the flight there I guess. So, see you guys later."

Lisa grabs a retractable baton from the armoury, take a few moments learning how to use it, and spends the rest of her time training her ability, trying to get the amount of energy she gets higher for less energy drained, and the same for giving energy, giving more energy but losing less.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 28, 2012, 10:11:57 pm »

... trying to get the amount of energy she gets higher for less energy drained, and the same for giving energy, giving more energy but losing less.
In this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 28, 2012, 11:10:32 pm »

Bitch I got superpowers! I don't give a damn about your thermodynamics!

((Damnm typos...))
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 12:03:02 am by Zako »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 29, 2012, 12:26:27 am »

Desmond nodded to Lisa. Girl seemed to be jumping out of her skin, he thought to himself...

He spoke to her as she left, for a moment.

"Likewise. Though, for all of us, I can say welcome to the team, Lisa. I'm glad you're on our side."

Afterwards, he caught Jenny giving him an intriguing 'come hither...so I can kick your ass' look. Desmond was the best hand to hand fighter in the team so far, by dint of experience and powers-so, he couldn't let that pass. He smiled, and cracked his knuckles. Jenny was the quiet one-smart, her being the stealth expert-and he had barely heard her say a word since he'd known her. He needed to know what sort of person she was...how good she was in a straight fight.

"Well, I'm apt to oblige you, Ma'am. Let's see if age trumps beauty." He said, a good natured ring in his voice.

He leapt up into the boxing ring (a standing jump, no less) and motioned for her to follow.

"So, you wanna do this with powers or not?"

Action: Train hand-to-hand with Jenny!

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 86