Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177522 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Thirty-Seven Point One!
« Reply #360 on: April 28, 2012, 12:03:21 am »

Tiruin: What you say!  Sorry I don't understand what you said about the titles?  Also, mini-update for SeriousConcentrate.

Agent Maxwell and the would-be carjacker spotted each other at the same time.  [3] (3) They reacted at the same time, Jenny throwing her grapnel at him just as the carjacker threw his crowbar at her.  [3+1] (1) He missed badly but kept his feet as Jenny drew him in close.  The carjacker took a trained boxers stance across from Jenny.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Now with no maps!)
« Reply #361 on: April 28, 2012, 12:44:16 am »

Jenny was somewhat trained in hand to hand combat, but she wasn't interested in a fair fight. Instead she immediately cloaked, approached him from the front on the basis he'd probably think she circled around while hidden, and kicked him square in the groin to subdue him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Thirty-Seven Point Two!
« Reply #362 on: April 28, 2012, 01:36:43 am »

Agent Maxwell smirked as she turned invisible.  The man had read enough comics, watched enough tv, to know to turn around and take a random swing at the air, but Jenny was a step ahead of him.  She didnt move, and took advantage of his distraction to take a free kick at his crotch.  [1+1+1] She missed and hit his thigh, and he spun, snarling, taking another blind swing, before hopping into the car through the broken window and desperately trying to start it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 28, 2012, 02:11:01 am »

"Oh! You heard already about me joining? Yes, I'm Lisa."

Lisa scratched behind her head uneasily. This woman looked ok, but just like herself, apperances can be decieving.

"Do you mind if I come in? I would rather not talk about our... work... in the corridor where anyone might hear."

After waiting for Ires' answer and complying, Lisa paused for a moment before speaking again.

"So... I heard you got hurt on the job? I came to check on how you are feeling, but you seem fine enough I guess. Still sore?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 28, 2012, 04:25:11 am »

"Do you mind if I come in? I would rather not talk about our... work... in the corridor where anyone might hear."

Ires nodded, "I don't mind at all, come sit." She proceeded to sit down on the bed, looking at Lisa and observing her.

She narrowed her eyes in thought when the woman mentioned the wound then checked it by touch. "Sore? I mostly forgot about the wound in hours. But, I guess so, now that I think of it. It was a bullet graze, I'm lucky it didn't lodge itself in my lower body.

"So, Lisa,"
Ires paused to look over her visitor, "we've heard that you had just woken up, following the explosion. Feeling fine? Notice anything different?"

"...I think you've got all got enough experience now to show her the ropes."

"...and do you want to meet the rest? I'm sure they'll be happy to see a new face!" Ires was smiling, but deep inside she was still ambiguously saddened by the loss of a fellow 'Agent'.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 28, 2012, 04:57:17 am »

"To tell the truth, when I woke up, I felt great and it's not to do with these guns which I didn't have before."

Lisa raised her arms in the traditional muscle builder's pose and flexed, showing off the large muscles present before relaxing again.

"I've been told that I was physically completely recovered from any physical harm from the blast before pretty much anyone else, even you guys, but I woke up maybe a bit before you guys did. The reason I haven't been in a mission by now is that there were complications in my training. Let me show you."

Lisa promptly laid her hand on Ires' shoulder and concentrated. As she concentrated, the feeling of being drained came over her and she could visibly see Ires start to look better. A few seconds of this passed before she lifted her hand, feeling a little tired.

"There. You should feel better now. I've just given you part of my own energy and health. It works the other way too, meaning I can take instead of give, depending on how hard I try and how long I do it for. I can knock someone unconcious or even kill them, just by holding their hand long enough and I recover and store their energy for my own use afterwards. Turns out that I've been unconciously draining the doctors and nurses when they were doing tests, or even just changing the sheets, so that explains the recovery rate."

She looks away slightly ashamed for a moment before continuing.

"So you can imagine what happened when the instructors found out what I can do. They weren't really all that excited to try and punch me, or even touch me at all if possible, when I could literally suck the life out of them. Training was difficult, to say the least, but I managed. Still, I can't wait to meet the others if they are as nice as you say they are! It would be a change from the slightly paranoid looks I've been getting lately from the people back at the base."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 28, 2012, 06:15:07 am »

Ires felt her shoulder and looked back at Lisa, she wasn't draining her for a reason. "Well, we have a robotics expert. Maybe he can fix up some glove or device that can control your power at will. His name is Nicholas Fortmüller, tall with hair tied back in a ponytail. Not hard to miss, really.

"Tell me, you control those powers by will alone? Hm, lets get you an upgrade then."

Await next mission?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 28, 2012, 06:34:31 am »

Question for the GM! Does Lisa have complete control over her draining abilities? Is she always using them, even when not thinking about it, or can she turn it on or off at will like the others?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 28, 2012, 08:03:22 am »

Jenny reached in through the window with the cord of her grapnel and began to garrote the guy. While doing so, she would also attempt to drag him back out of the car.

(The dice hate me in this RTD. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 28, 2012, 08:41:26 am »

Desmond had just put another hole in another wall-very therapeutic-and his thoughts turned back to the team. They were supposed to get someone new after Jackson bailed, he remembered. Not that he bore Jackson any ill will-some people just work alone better than in a group.

He didn't know much about her-but, had heard a security guard saying something about a 'Vampire Chick'. He didn't deal in rumors, though.

He sent a PDA message to his teammates.

To: All

Hey, anybody spotted the new team member yet? I hope she's not wandering around in a parking lot or something. Also, heard a security guard who shall remain unnamed (Barry :I ) imply she's some sort of...well, he was rude. Let's keep the jokes down until we knew who she is, alright? Nobody needs to hear things like that on their first day on the job. She's part of the team now, one of us. Treat her accordingly-make her feel like one of the family.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 28, 2012, 08:56:42 am »

Nicholas looked at his cell.
"Tell Barry to use his ass as a holster for his baton."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 28, 2012, 09:30:24 am »

Ires showed Lisa her phone, an older style model, as they were still in the room. She could just message back, as there was no ringtone, but that would ignore the essence of the subject completely. The new member was right in front of her.

"So, what should I say?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 28, 2012, 09:36:51 am »

Lisa frowned for a moment before replying, thinking back as to who Barry was and where he lived...

"Tell him that Barry better sleep with one eye open. Also, that I'm talking to you right now. Maybe we can meet up soon before the next mission?"

She sighed and shrugged her shoulders helplessly.

"Other than that, do what you want. Not like I have any idea what you guys do in your spare time or something."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 28, 2012, 09:58:01 am »

Ires then requested her phone back, and deleted the message from the outbox while not looking at it, starting her own.

To: SteelDes1007

Hi Desmond! I spotted her, a nice woman though a bit shy, I think. Nervousness might be one. Seen her powers at it's work, amazing skill there. She's with me and we're planning to meet up when Jenny returns; the last message was from her, if she didn't state her name.

Oh, and she requests that this 'Barry' should sleep with one eye open. Not sure if her power extends to this, but that would just be creepy.

She then looked up to Lisa after pressing the 'send' button, with a monotonic beep. "Shall we go and meet the others now?."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 28, 2012, 10:24:07 am »

Desmond leaned against the ropes of the boxing ring, tapping away.

To: Ire

Will do, Ires. Nobody likes Barry.

Let's meet at the sparring room after, once Jenny gets back from patrol. I'll show you all some new tricks I learned with my kinetic powers-If you guys didn't already figure it out from all the strange explosions coming from the firing range this morning, that is.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 86