Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177484 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Now with 75% fewer maps.)
« Reply #285 on: April 23, 2012, 05:58:03 pm »

"Command, target has escaped via the obvious trap door. Am moving downwards to apprehend." Ires reported through the mask in her pocket.

Afterwards, she heads downstairs to find the target.

After saying excuse me to the rest.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 23, 2012, 06:10:46 pm »

Position the gun diagonally and blow a hole on the floor, carefully following the escapee.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 23, 2012, 06:22:24 pm »

Jenny waited outside the panic room for Nicholas to shoot through the floor, then (if possible) followed him into the newly-created hole.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 23, 2012, 08:13:28 pm »

Green thought it was probably too easy, but perhaps someone had left an obvious design flaw...

Action: Green tries to hit the button to open the trap door again. :P

Pursue down hole, if it opens, or if Nichloas shoots through.

If all else fails, try to punch through, using a great deal of my kinetic energy to do so.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Thirty-Two! In which nothing important happens
« Reply #289 on: April 24, 2012, 01:05:28 pm »

Turn thirty-two.  I was going to say something interesting, but then I realized I don't have anything interesting to say.

The map changes.
Fourth Floor

"Team, this is Control, we've lost the thermal signature of the target.  You're on your own."
Agent Jackson runs down to the room directly below the panic room.  Even having gotten there in just a few seconds from an outside perspective, there's no sign of the target.  Thomas estimates he has about five minutes, his time, left before he returns to normal speed.
Agent Reon excuses herself as she runs after Thomas.
"Command, target has escaped via the obvious trap door.  Am moving downwards to apprehend."
She looks around the bathroom they've ended up in.  There isn't an obvious escape route, unless he went through the shower drain.  A high-caliber bullet rips through the ceiling and destroys a toilet.
Agent Fortmüller goes for the direct approach and tries shooting a hole through the floor.  [4+1] It takes a bit of work to expand the hole enough to fit through, but it happens.  Nicholas sticks his head into the room below and is sprayed by the broken toilet, then drops down to the floor below.
Agent Maxwell hangs back and waits for Nicholas to blow a hole in the floor.   After helping him expand it enough to fit through, she follows him down.
Agent Green sighs at his teammates' antics and simply presses the button again.  Fortunately Nicholas' shot hasn't damaged the mechanism, and the trap door drops out again.  Unfortunately, Desmond sees something completely different when he looks through the trap door.  He reels, and reflects that a mathematician might be better able to describe the non-Euclidean higher-dimensional twisted space he just saw.
The guard that Thomas cut drags himself into the room behind Desmond, grimacing.
"It's... really something, isn't it?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 24, 2012, 01:13:48 pm »

Nicholas ascends back to the top floor, smiles and proceeds to graciously kick the fallen guard in the face and subsequently in the balls until he is unconscious, but only after Desmond has finished his interrogation. After his violent onslaught, he communicates with control.
"Control, we got a non-Euclidean lovecraftian dimension inside the trapdoor."

Jump inside while screaming "Jeronimo!" and double-deucing for good measure.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 01:50:32 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 24, 2012, 01:47:57 pm »

Desmond turned to the guard, not bothering to rise from his crouched position. He cracked his knuckles, but doesn't expect a fight. He felt like being polite and civilized, a counter to all the punching out he had been doing.

"Yeah, it is. What can you tell me about it?

I mean, you're out of the job anyway-your boss just fled into an inter dimensional portal, after all-you won't lose much by telling me. It's up to you, though.

Also, call me Steel Wall. Nice to meet you."
He said.

He also radioed to the rest of the team.

~"Ahhh...the target has fled through highly unconventional means, via some sort of trans-dimensional doorway. Pursuit may be...highly difficult.  Rendezvous with me-if we're going in, we should do it together."~

((OOC: @Remalle: This is just a quick action. When the guard reacts, I'll do my full action
@Cael: Also, your guy fell through the floor. I'm not sure if he sees the whatever dimension yet, though that wouldn't change your action. ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 24, 2012, 02:14:38 pm »

Feeling somewhat foolish, Jenny shadows Nicholas again, ascending to the top floor with him, kicking the guard in the balls after he does, and hopping into the portal after him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 24, 2012, 02:24:08 pm »

Run back up and enter the Obviously Good portal. Try to kill anything that's not the target or obviously allied using my katana once inside.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Thirty-Two Point Five!
« Reply #294 on: April 24, 2012, 02:45:40 pm »

Ok then, a quick turn for Dwarmin, then we can proceed normally.

Agent Green turns to the injured guard, cracking his knuckles.
"Yeah, it is.  What can you tell me about it?
I mean, you're out of the job anyway - your boss just fled into an inter dimensional portal, after all - you won't lose much by telling me.  It's up to you, though.
Also, call me Steel Wall.  Nice to meet you."
[3] "I get your point, yeah.  I'm Alex Lewis.  So you're one of those new heroes running around the city, huh?  What're you guys doing here, anyway?
So... I just started working here a few months ago, and I don't know much, but what I do know is that my boss has a weird trans-dimensional escape hatch and way too much security.  I think he's involved in something illegal, you know?  To be honest, though, I just found out about the dimension door a week or two ago, and I've only looked inside once.  I've got no idea where it leads or why it's here.  Can't be anything dangerous, though, if that's where Mr. Crane went to get away from you guys, right?"
Desmond nods and radios to the rest of the team.
"Ahhh... the target has fled through highly unconventional means, via some sort of trans-dimensional doorway.  Pursuit may be... highly difficult.  Rendezvous with me - if we're going in, we should do it together."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 24, 2012, 09:52:58 pm »

Ires decides to follow the rest!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 25, 2012, 03:43:08 am »

Action: Wait for the rest of the team to arrive, and try to make sure we all jump in together, more or less. Try to be the first one in. :P

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Thirty-Three! In which fluffy bunnies roam.
« Reply #297 on: April 25, 2012, 01:58:34 pm »

Turn thirty-three.  I'd like you all to know that no eldritch abominations were harmed in the production of this post.  Your sanity, on the other hand...

"This is Mission Control again, team.  Since there are no hostiles left in the building, we're going to remove your heads-up maps.  Let us know if you need them back."

Agent Fortmüller rushes back upstairs, Agent Maxwell following his every move.  As Desmond's finished his interrogation of the guard, having learned nothing really useful, Nicholas pauses to kick him around the face and crotch (copied by Jenny), before radioing mission control.
"Control, we got a non-Euclidean Lovecraftian dimension inside the trapdoor."
"Not another one.  We'll get a HPC squad on site to shut it down when you're done."
Agent Jackson heads back upstairs and prepares to enter the trap door, followed by Agent Reon.
Agent Green waits for the rest of the team to arrive before preparing to jump in as well.
Nicholas, Thomas and Desmond each jump in at around the same time, each trying to be the first inside.  Jenny and Ires enter after the others.  Static dances across the team members' heads-up displays and in-ear radios as the connection to the outside world is lost.

The team find themselves in an unimaginable and indescribable world.  Space itself is twisted into pretzels, as is the heroes' minds as they attempt to figure out where they are.  On a hill, or possibly a valley, an unknowable distance away, Arthur Crane is prostrated before what appears to be a colossal granite throne, the size of a mountain, or possibly a star.  Though nobody can see anybody - or anything - seated upon it, they somehow know a vast alien consciousness is focused there.
With the weight of a planet, an invisible gaze focuses on the heroes.  Though there was no sound, they suddenly remember a voice like the collision of continents having spoken a moment ago.

N O T   Y E T.

The strange dimension fades and vanishes, replaced by the bathroom the team had been in a few minutes earlier.  Arthur Crane stands in front of them, looking a little worse for wear, and collapses, the tranquilizing drug finally taking effect.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 25, 2012, 02:01:42 pm »

"That was... strange. All right guys, let's cuff 'em and bring him in." Jenny looked around to make sure there were no other threats; whatever that strange event was just now, it could wait until debriefing to discuss.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 25, 2012, 02:15:42 pm »

Nicholas shrugs and kicks Arthur Crane's crotch for good measure. After all, they need him alive, but no mention was made about not harming him lightly.

"You should not have tried to escape. If we ever chase you again, remember this."
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 86