Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177480 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Turn twenty-nine.  Apologies for the delays.  I fixed the ammunition totals, it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be.

The HUD map changes to reflect the current situation.
First Floor

Second Floor

Third Floor

Fourth Floor

On the fourth floor,
Agent Jackson passes his breaching charge down the hall and tries to apply a tourniquet made of the dead guard's uniform to his arm.  [1] His lack of medical training doesn't help.  At all.  In fact, the effort has caused his wound to bleed even more heavily - Thomas will be in a bad situation if that wound isn't treated soon.
Agent Green keeps waiting.
"Need assistance, Huntress?  I'm currently on the fourth floor."
"Moving up to join you, Desmond.  Forgive me for using your sobriquet.  Second floor is... unfortunately clear."
Agent Maxwell continues to wait as well.
Agent Fortmüller picks up Thomas' breaching charge, but doesn't use it yet, waiting for a strategy to form.

On the second floor,
Agent Reon heads upstairs, ready to but not needing to use her bow.  She joins up with the other three at the door.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Now with even more maps!)
« Reply #271 on: April 20, 2012, 04:30:57 pm »

Nicholas looks around and helps Thomas if no one else wants to try their hand at it. Execute the plan.

"I think it would be better if 'Steel Wall' just took that door down and we lobbed a flashbang inside. We could then let Thomas try to take down everyone but our target inside with his speed while 'Wall' charged in and distracted them, since he is impervious to most weaponry. I would try to put our target to sleep during the whole thing."
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 05:32:23 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 20, 2012, 04:35:53 pm »

Desmond raised an eyebrow.

"Sounds good-let's do it."

Action: Prepare to charge through the door with the team supporting me!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 20, 2012, 04:55:43 pm »

(Guess I'll be picking up some first-aid training during our next interlude, then.)

Jenny agrees to the plan. She's more of a surveillance/reconnaissance type anyway; she won't be of as much use in this situation as the others.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 21, 2012, 12:10:11 am »

Support Desmond by disabling fire. Drop a Smoke Grenade on our position and whoever is not at our position that is ready to go somewhere else.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 21, 2012, 07:49:28 am »

Try to stop myself from bleeding out until I get patched up by lying motionless and raising my arm.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Thirty! In which there's only one map.
« Reply #276 on: April 22, 2012, 06:33:42 pm »

Turn thirty!  Since everyone's on the fourth floor now, I've stopped showing the maps for the other floors for now.

With a beep, three floors on the HUD map disappear, leaving only the fourth floor where everyone is gathered.
Fourth Floor

Nicholas, apparently not aware that Thomas is bleeding too heavily to be of any use at the moment, makes the plan.
"I think it would be better if 'Steel Wall' just took that door down and we lobbed a flashbang inside.  We could then let Thomas try to take down everyone but our target inside with his speed while 'Wall' charged in and distracted them, since he is impervious to most weaponry.  I would try to put our target to sleep during the whole thing."
"Sounds good - let's do it."
Agent Fortmüller heads over to assist Thomas after laying out the plan.  [3] He manages to apply a tourniquet mostly correctly, reducing the bleeding back down to a trickle.
Agent Green counts to three, and bashes the door open with a burst of kinetic energy.  As soon as he steps through, the two guards on the other side aim and fire weapons similar to the vertigo guns from the warehouse mission at him, (2-1) (4-1) but the protection provided by Desmond's face mask reduces the effects to some slight dizziness.
Agent Maxwell nods and decides to be the one to toss a flashbang.  [1+1] The team's face masks block the effects of the flashbang as it goes off early yet again, leaving the guards unaffected.
Agent Reon leans around Desmond and fires a pair of arrows at the guards.  [5+1-1] [1+1-1-1] She shoots the guard on the west side of the room in the arm, forcing him to drop his weapon, but a jolt of pain from the shot to her hip makes her miss her shot to the guard to the south.
Agent Jackson simply lies flat on his back as Nicholas works on his arm.  [2] The wound won't stop bleeding completely, but the tourniquet keeps the bleeding down.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 22, 2012, 06:51:17 pm »

Stupidly charge in with my katana and kill a guard while yelling in ultraspeed faux-Japanese.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 22, 2012, 07:06:20 pm »

(Or adv. grenade training. :X)

Jenny attempts to grapnel one from the side of the door and drag him forward where he can be used as a human shield.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 22, 2012, 07:24:07 pm »

(Or adv. grenade training. :X)
Methinks the dice be enforcing a running gag  :P

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 22, 2012, 09:01:32 pm »

Nicholas rolls inside the room and fires his tranquilizer dart on their target. Or shoots one of the guards with a sniper round, if the bastard is not there.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:40:45 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Now with 75% fewer maps.)
« Reply #281 on: April 22, 2012, 09:36:26 pm »

Desmond felt the world sliding off to one edge like he was trying to stand on the deck of a ship, but he could deal with it for now-he did have a distracted thought, at the efficiency of his foes to have so quickly developed a countermeasure to his kinetic absorption, meager though it was. He supposed he should get ahead the game...

Still, it was going to take more than fancy toys to stop him. He rushed for the nearest standing guard, looking to shoulder charge him with his shield arm and knock him back-then, hopefully bring his free fist around to find the other guards jaw.

Action: Rush in, knock out chumps
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 22, 2012, 09:43:57 pm »

Ires searches for the group's target, if he is among the people nearby. Or for any trace of him in the other rooms.

"I'll...make sure about something."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Thirty-One! In which blah blah blah
« Reply #283 on: April 23, 2012, 05:14:09 pm »

Turn thirty-one!  Yaaay!

The HUD map changes with a beep, once again.
Fourth Floor

Agent Jackson ignores the continuing pain and bleeding and charges into battle, shouting as much Japanese as he knows.  "Yotsuba harakiri sashimi!  Fujiyama sudoku!"  [3+1-1] He cuts a long but shallow cut in the leg of the still living guard, who falls down cursing.
Agent Maxwell turns her attention to the door of the danger room.  Now that she's clear enough to look around, she realizes the team has entered a library, and that the door to the panic room is hidden behind a bookshelf.  Fortunately the bookshelf has been moved and the door is ajar, [3+1] so she throws her grapnel in blindly and manages to snag a guard, and pulls him out of the room.
Agent Fortmüller rolls into the room behind the guard Jenny just pulled out, [3+1] and fires his last remaining tranq dart at the only person left inside.  The man, who matches the description of the target, starts to slur his words as he sways.
"How did you get past the guards?  I surrender..."
Agent Green shakes off the mild dizziness as soon as Thomas takes down the guard with the vertigo gun.  Seeing that Jenny has pulled a guard out of the panic room, he moves in quickly to knock him out, [6+1] knocking him back through the doorway and into the man on the other side, where they collapse in a heap.
Agent Reon walks into the panic room, where their drugged target is busy disentangling himself from the unconscious guard.  She moves in to subdue him, but with a grin he struggles back to his feet and hits a button on one of the walls.  The floor drops out from underneath him and he drops out of sight, the floor moving back into place.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 23, 2012, 05:24:34 pm »

Run down to the room on the third floor below the target's room and try to catch him. Without killing him, for a change.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 86