Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177468 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Now with even more maps!)
« Reply #255 on: April 14, 2012, 12:59:32 am »

(Nah, I'd say that's about right.)

Jenny nodded to Thomas and activated her comlink. "Control, what's the probability that using breaching charges will injure or kill our quarry?" While she talked, she walked south and made her way to the room east of the one with three people, although she didn't enter it just yet. Instead she waited for a response and kept an eye out for attackers.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 14, 2012, 08:02:10 am »

Desmond nodded. "Sounds good Iraes-the map shows one fellow on the third floor-I'll take care of him."

He felt a harping of pride that they were on a first name basis already.

Action: Desmond searches the third floor!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 14, 2012, 08:27:48 am »

Desmond nodded. "Sounds good Iraes-the map shows one fellow on the third floor-I'll take care of him."

He felt a harping of pride that they were on a first name basis already.

Action: Desmond searches the third floor!
Nicholas grins.

"Hey big boy. Stop grinning like you've seen a million dollars just fall on your lap."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Twenty-Seven! In which
« Reply #258 on: April 15, 2012, 05:08:36 pm »

Turn twenty-seven!  I've switched from tinypic to photobucket, hopefully I won't lose the maps again.  Also I realized the third floor map doesn't have any doors from the stairs corridor to the rest of the level, so just pretend there are doors.

The HUD map shifts slightly.
First Floor

Second Floor

Third Floor

Fourth Floor

On the fourth floor,
Agent Jackson suggests to Jenny that she ask about blowing up a wall, then heads off to the bathroom Jenny came in through to take out the guard there.  [1+1] Kicking open the door, he swings at the guard and misses, (3) and is shot at for his trouble.  He twists out of the way and is just grazed in the upper left arm.
Agent Maxwell radios to mission control.
"Control, what's the probability that using breaching charges will injure or kill our quarry?"
"About one in six to kill him, and another one in three to injure him."
She then heads to the room connected to the danger room, and waits outside the closed door.

On the third floor,
Agent Fortmüller starts to head upstairs to join Jenny.
Agent Reon heads downstairs for a sweep, suggesting to Desmond that he check this floor.  [hidden search check] She doesn't find anybody.
Agent Green, grinning at Ires' use of his first name, heads towards the east room.  He finds himself in a mostly empty room with large windows, where a single guard is sleeping on a chair.
Nicholas, on his way up, sees Desmond's smile and grins at him.
"Hey big boy. Stop grinning like you've seen a million dollars just fall on your lap."

« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 04:16:47 pm by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 15, 2012, 05:39:21 pm »

Nicholas checks the door.

"We should get 'Steel Wall' to open this and then throw a flashbang inside. My first action would be jumping inside and rolling to the floor to get a shot at our target with my remaining tranq dart."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 15, 2012, 05:56:08 pm »

Nichloa's goading didn't get to him, much. Maybe that would have worked on him when he was younger man, but he had taken enough lumps in his life not to sweat the small stuff. He didn't respond, merely smiled and nodded politely.

The sleeping guard caused him to feel a moment of pity. He was helpless, or seemed to be. Desmond didn't like to ruin somones nap, but still...couldn't risk this guy waking up at the wrong time.

He crept in, hoping he could knock the guy out quietly.

Afterwards, he radioed the rest.

"Third floor clear."

Action: Subdue the guard, then head to join the Agents on the fourth floor, waiting to rendezvous with Irae.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 06:02:02 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 15, 2012, 05:59:25 pm »

"Fury death swipes!"

Solve my problem with repeated katana strikes to the head.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 15, 2012, 06:02:21 pm »

Jenny cloaked and entered the room next to the panic room, then took a position by the panic room door. Hopefully those blasting charges would cause the inhabitants to run out to escape, and then she could get the drop on them. If not, she could still kick open the door while they were dazed and flank them.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 16, 2012, 12:09:28 am »

"Second floor...unclear."

Ires tries again to search for anyone or anything related to the target! And possibly his "connections".

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Turn twenty-eight.  I realized I haven't been keeping track of ammo, and I'm NOT looking forward to going back and retroactively doing that.

The HUD map shifts yet again.
First Floor

Second Floor

Third Floor

Fourth Floor

On the fourth floor,
Agent Fortmüller checks the door.  Yep, that's a door all right.
"We should get 'Steel Wall' to open this and then throw a flashbang inside.  My first action would be jumping inside and rolling to the floor to get a shot at our target with my remaining tranq dart."
Agent Jackson, meanwhile, takes some furious swipes at the guard that just shot him.  [6+1-1] Despite the pain, he manages to cut the guard's head open.  The exertion opens and causes his wound to bleed even more heavily.  Thomas now has about ten minutes of speed left, his time.
Agent Maxwell positions herself by the door and waits for Thomas to get back and use his breaching charges.

On the third floor,
Agent Green hesitates for just a moment [4+1] before knocking out the sleeping guard with a quiet knock to the head.  He then heads up to the door on the fourth floor, waiting for Ires.

On the second floor,
Agent Reon, unaware Desmond is pining for her upstairs, sweeps the entire second floor again.  [hidden search check] She finds a dripping faucet, nothing more.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 04:17:20 pm by Remalle »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 17, 2012, 05:20:07 pm »

Cut the guard's shirt off, give the breaching charge to my fellow agents, and then use the guard's shirt to stop getting my blood everywhere.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 17, 2012, 05:22:47 pm »

Desmond has no cause for worry, but still...

*ping*

"Need assistance, Huntress? I'm currently on the fourth floor."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 17, 2012, 06:45:30 pm »

Jenny continues to bide her time.

(I would suggest just abstracting ammo for guns instead, and only limiting certain kinds of weapons like the grenades or perhaps heavy, really powerful weapons like rocket launchers and so forth.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 17, 2012, 06:54:39 pm »

((Don't abstract, I don't like bottomless and/or infinite magazines.))

Nicholas just decides to wait for the group to strategize and if they bust into the room, he follows them.
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 17, 2012, 10:04:33 pm »

"Moving up to join you, Desmond. Forgive me for using your sobriquet." Ires responded, intentionally misgiving her meaning for Desmond's name. If their channel was being watched, she would have to come up with a reason for saying his real name. "Second floor is...unfortunately clear."

Join Desmond back at the fourth floor. If any enemies are encountered on the way, disable them with an arrow.

Listen for any movements around me.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 86