Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177439 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Now with 100% more maps!)
« Reply #195 on: April 05, 2012, 01:20:17 pm »

Toss an unprimed smoke grenade through the window as a feint, then open fire on whichever guard looks to be the most alert.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 05, 2012, 01:38:27 pm »

Nicholas:

The robot tranqs the other guard while Nicholas disarms any guard still standing with a shot.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 05, 2012, 02:34:07 pm »

Jenny sneaks into the room and garrotes the guard with her grapnel. Once he's down, she investigates his terminals herself to try and learn more.

If I have the computer knowledge or a device on me to allow this...

She'll also attempt to hack the terminals so mission control can access them as well.

EDIT: Also, in my defense, I'd like to point out that Jenny hasn't actually tried to kill anyone yet. It's always been knock-outs and suppressive fire. ^^^ To that end, I think I'll request a cattle-prod-like weapon for the next mission, or maybe just the ability to electrify my grapnel... or maybe a tranq gun... hmm...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 02:52:42 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 05, 2012, 10:58:22 pm »

"Well, at least they're out...and thanks, Desmond for relaying the map coordinates to me!" Ires said with a smile, still in the coats and looking in Desmond's general direction.

"Do you have any more ideas? I can try to lob in a flashbang to disorient the guards through these doors but I'm willing to follow yours."

Follow whatever Desmond's plan will be.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 06, 2012, 12:28:51 am »

Due to an unplanned vacation, there won't be a turn until most likely Saturday.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 06, 2012, 06:06:05 am »

Iraes had that sort of infectious good cheer that brightened up any situation, so Desmond felt he should chance a smile, as well. Steel Wall and Huntress made for a good partnership, he mused. In fact, the old twang I'd like to get to know you better, Ms. Reon was already reverberating through him-he was going to say it, he knew. Concentrate, concentrate, he reminded himself...he always had really bad timing for these things.

Desmond replied-after that seconds hesitation that probably allows Iraes to all but read his thoughts with her feminine intuition.

"I figure you throw a flashbang, I'll use a EMP-then, we step in and you take out any far guards with arrows while I cover you, and I'll down those left in front."

Action: Breach the door with a dual flashbang/EMP grenade rush. Desmond covers Iraes first, as she takes out any guards out of melee range with her bow. Then, Desmond takes down the guards remaining in hand to hand range non-lethally, if possible.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Twenty! In which holy crap, it's turn twenty.
« Reply #201 on: April 07, 2012, 09:20:24 pm »

Woo.  I'm back.  Now it's time for turn twenty.  Thanks for playing!

The HUD map changes again.
Ground Floor

Top Floor

At the broken window,
Agent Jackson tosses an unprimed smoke grenade into the window.  As the guards are distracted he fires three shots at the un-tranquilized guard, [4+1] [2+1-1] [1+1-2] managing a shot through the heart on the first shot but missing the next two.
Yet another guard enters the room as the shots ring out.
Agent Fortmüller and his robot get the drop on the third guard, [3] hitting him with a drugged dart and [6+1] blowing his right hand off with a shot intended to disarm him.
The shock of losing his hand combined with the tranquilizing drug cause the guard to fall unconscious at the same time as the previously darted one.  Suddenly there's a burst of static over the radio links as Nicholas' robot stops moving.
The coast seems to be clear for now.

Upstairs,
Agent Maxwell enters the room with the terminals, [2+1] and begins garroting the guard with a length of her grapnel.  As he struggles she takes a look at the various monitors, [1] but fails to recognize anything on any of them.  There's a burst of static over her radio link, and the monitors flicker for a second before returning to normal.

At the front door,
Agent Reon thanks Desmond for the tactical information and lets him plan their next move.
Agent Green suggests a plan, slightly flustered.  He hands Ires a flashbang, and on the count of three throws open the door.  They toss in the flashbang and EMP grenade, which detonate, causing a burst of static over the radio links and making the lights flicker, before entering the room themselves, ready to take down any guards.  After a slightly awkward second, they relax, not seeing any immediate threats.
Ires and Desmond are in a well-furnished entry hall, with glass doors leading further into the building to the north, west, and south, a crystal glass chandelier in the middle of the ceiling, plush couches along the walls, and a small water fountain in the centre of the room.  The water fountain seems out of place, as if it were the most recent addition to a decades-old room.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 07, 2012, 09:32:41 pm »

Nicholas frowned. Great, someone had used an EMP. His robot stopped working and he just hoped that grenade had been put to good use.
Note to himself: Build EMP-proof mechanisms.

"Agent Reon, let's say someone had a compromising recording of you..."

Examine the dart-shooting mechanism from the robot and check if I will be able to retrieve and operate it manually. If yes, take it with me as I enter the building and advance, using it to take down any guards. If not, just progress inside and disarm any hostiles with sniper rifle shots.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 07, 2012, 09:34:57 pm »

Jenny closes and locks the door behind her, then restrains the guard by means of handcuffs that she probably has in her utility belt. (If she has none, she'll instead use other materials like the guard's belt.) Once the guard is disposed of, she takes another look at the monitors now that she can do so in peace.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 07, 2012, 09:51:50 pm »

Enter the room, retrieve my smoke grenade, and shoot the guy who's likely approaching the door.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 07, 2012, 10:51:19 pm »

Ires held up the transceiver that was in her suit pocket with her mask. Listening to Nicholas' words, a reply was needed. "Define compromising..."

Transceive a message to Jenny, who didn't look like she was with us. "Do you have the location of the target?"

She turned to Desmond. The man had ideals. "What say we play a game of 'hostage'? The remaining Guards won't dare shoot one of their own, eh?"

Follow Desmond's plan.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 07, 2012, 11:24:53 pm »

"Not yet, but I think I may be able to find him from here. I'll let you know," Jenny responded.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 08, 2012, 12:22:51 am »

Something about the fountain was off, Desmond thought. He usually paid attention to his intuition...but he wondered if it was leading him off base this time. He noticed from the corner of his eye a subtle shift in Iraes body language-it suggested something she was hearing was causing her to tense up a bit-either in curiosity, anger, fear or just annoyance he couldn't say.

Still, he agreed with her plan.

"Sounds like an idea...though, I somehow doubt these fellows have an overabundance of empathy toward their fellow man-or woman. So we'll have to be fast if we get the drop on someone.

But first-call it a hunch, but something about the fountain seems off. It's probably nothing, but it will bug me until I take a closer look..."

Action: Examine the Fountain. Iraes assists and/or stands guard.

Afterwards (assuming nothing really important is found) we travel through the North door, with Desmond holding Iraes 'hostage'.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 12:27:18 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Twenty-One! In which nothing happens.
« Reply #208 on: April 08, 2012, 03:27:50 pm »

Turn twenty-one.

The HUD map changes.
Ground Floor

Top Floor

At the room with the broken window, the agents have finally managed to get clear and have entered the room.  Now that they are free to look around they see nothing of importance; it seems they've broken into a storage room.
Agent Fortmüller frowns at his unmoving robot before attempting to salvage it.  [5] He manages to retrieve the dart-shooting mechanism from the robot along with three tranquilizer darts, and attaches it to his sniper rifle.
"Agent Reon, let's say someone had a compromising recording of you..."
"Define compromising..."
Before he can respond, a third voice comes over the link.
"This is Control.  Fire Fighter, try to use code names over this connection, never know who's listening after all."
Agent Jackson picks up his unprimed smoke grenade.  Pistol at the ready, he kicks open the door to the next room, which is empty.  He sees a long, well-lit room full of paintings, and at the far end a stairway going up.

Upstairs,
Agent Maxwell binds and gags the now unconscious guard and puts him in a corner.  Taking another look at the monitors, [1] she still fails to recognize anything.  Over the radio comes the voices of Desmond and Mission Control.
"Do you have the location of the target?"
"Not yet, but I think I may be able to find him from here. I'll let you know."
"Flash Light, keep your eyes on those terminals, we'll get people on our end checking them out over your video feed."

On the ground floor,
Agent Reon suggests that Desmond pretend to take her hostage as they move through the mansion.
Agent Green agrees, but decides to investigate the water fountain first.  [hidden search check] He doesn't find anything but some pennies, so he takes Ires "hostage" as they prepare to move north.  Before they can progress, though, four guards burst in, one each from the north and south, and two from the east where they just came from.  Seeing Desmond holding what appears to be one of their own, they hesitate.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2012, 03:45:57 pm »

Jenny continues to watch the monitors, but keeps her ears open.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 86