Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177445 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Reserve your spot today!)
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2012, 02:50:58 pm »

'Well, at least the Maintenance could be fooled to check on...that robot.'

"Maintenance coming our way. Look sharp." Ires radioed to the rest.

Move to any corridor and stick to the wall, listening for any sounds.

If none, search for any notable rooms that could...have any slots for those keycards.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2012, 02:52:31 pm »

Jenny looks for an enclosed place to hide, such as a closet, and waits for the glow to go away.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 04, 2012, 03:00:09 pm »

Fire at the guard, as katanaing someone through a window is slightly awkward.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 04, 2012, 03:16:19 pm »

Nicholas tries to hit the chin of the guard with the butt of his rifle and take him down before Agent Jackson kills him.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 04, 2012, 03:27:39 pm »

I like how half the party doesn't mind killing and the other half tries to avoid it.  And whether the mooks live or die depends on the dice, basically  :)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 04, 2012, 03:30:55 pm »

I like how half the party doesn't mind killing and the other half tries to avoid it.  And whether the mooks live or die depends on the dice, basically  :)
((In case you forgot, I was the guy shooting people and whistling happily during the warehouse assault. I'm avoiding killing at the moment because of a whim. I'll be back to my murderous self in no time. Also, stealth. Taking down people silently is better than gunshots.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 04, 2012, 04:32:38 pm »

Green also finds a safe spot, watching for trouble. Which he promptly deals with.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Eighteen! In which Jenny goes to Narnia.
« Reply #187 on: April 04, 2012, 04:58:03 pm »

I whipped up a couple of maps, showing floors one and four, in Paint.  Tiruin, I didn't think you'd already entered the building, so I edited your action a bit.  Now for turn eighteen!

With a soft beep, two maps appear on everybody's HUDs (except Ires, who's taken her mask off).
Ground Floor

Top Floor

"Mission Control here.  Using the video streams from your masks and our satellite thermal scans, these are the best estimates we could come up with.  Obviously the maps aren't complete, but as you move further inside the mansion we should have more data available to work with.  The gaps you see in the walls are open access points, the green dots are you, the blue one normally represents allies but in this case is the robot, red dots are hostiles, yellow would be neutral if there were any neutrals.  Hope this helps."

At the front door,
Agent Reon swipes her keycard at the front door experimentally.  It pops open, so she enters the building and finds herself in a rather fancy coat room with another door at the other end.  Putting her ear up against it, she [hidden listen check] bangs her head on the door, making an audible thump.
Agent Green is backing up Ires as the door opens.  A guard looks around suspiciously, [6+1] but is knocked out, noisily, before he can radio anything in.

On the top floor,
Agent Maxwell look around for a closet or something to hide in until she stops glowing.  [4] She climbs into an open wardrobe and shuts the door behind her, then lets off small bursts of energy until she's rid of the excess energy.

At the broken window,
Agent Jackson fires a quick shot at the guard [2+1], hitting his arm and forcing him to drop the pistol he'd been drawing.
Agent Fortmüller reaches through the window and tries to rifle-whip him, [2] but the guard dodges back.
The robot [5] automatically fires a tranq dart, which brings the guard down quickly.  Two more guards burst into the room, pointing submachine guns at the heroes.
"Freeze, scum!"

« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 05:42:56 pm by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Now with 100% more maps!)
« Reply #188 on: April 04, 2012, 05:55:47 pm »

Nicholas sighs. Is this for real?

The robot tranqs one guard while Nicholas disarms the other with a shot to the shoulder.

((0 maps +100%=0))
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 06:24:45 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 04, 2012, 06:01:13 pm »

Throw a flashbang and duck away from the window.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 04, 2012, 07:32:39 pm »

Desmond frowned, wondering if anyone had heard that...he truly hadn't meant to him the guard *that* hard. A quick check showed a bit of blood oozing from the mans scalp. Well, he'll live at least, Desmond thought.

He liked to believe had shown remarkable restraint, up till now-'Steel Wall' as an apt name, he reflected. He would much rather prevent harm than cause it. But his powers were...unpredictable. Worse still, restraining it and pushing it out in tiny, controlled bursts was taking it's toll-he could feel something inside of him, like a dog on a chain, barking to be fed and indulged.

What he was doing-holding back-wasn't sating it...if anything, it was making it harder to control. Desmond realized his fists had clenched up into tight balls, and slowly relaxed them.

He sighed-mentally, anyway. The memories of Desmond's past life were becoming blurry lately-either from the after effects of the injury (he vaguely recalled a doctor saying he should still be in a coma), or just the shift in mindset required for his new life. But he did recall feeling like this before...tension and power coiled within like a serpent. Carefully controlled-but always there, ready to explode-on anyone. It had driven away his friends, allies, even his depressingly few lovers. Maybe the 'accident' just tapped into what he had always wanted, deep inside.

Release.

Or maybe I'm still in a coma, and this is the greatest dream ever, he mused humorously. Concentrate on the mission, Desmond, he reminded himself. Lives at stake and all that. Not the least your own.

Action: Search the guard for anything useful and otherwise follow Irae's lead, as before.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 04, 2012, 07:38:15 pm »

Now back to normal condition, and armed with a map of the premises, Jenny headed to the north room to peek through the keyhole and see if their target was in there. If not, she'd just look for the stairs down instead.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Special News Report! Now with exposition!
« Reply #192 on: April 05, 2012, 02:52:35 am »

Several hours ago, on TV...
A clearly several years old computer-generated globe fades onto the screen, followed a few seconds later by an "11" on top.  As a canned news jingle plays, the globe zooms in to North America, further in to New England, finally settling over Aventin.
"This is your six o'clock Channel Eleven News.  What you need to know, when you need to know it.  Anchoring tonight, Thom Thorne and Demy Zweiller."
"Good evening, Aventin.  We begin tonight's news lineup with a discussion on the recent surge of super-powered crime fighting occurring on our city streets.  Demy?"
"Thank you, Thom.  Yes indeed, tonight the furious debate on superheroics continues, as noted experts James Cho and Diane Pennsworth will be discussing the topic here live."
"Please, call me Jimmy.  It is a pleasure to be here tonight."
"Yes, a pleasure as always.  I hope we can shed some light on the situation, especially on these recent arrivals to the streets."
"Now Jimmy, Diane, they say super-powered vigilantism can only help us as it forces the crime rate down and protects civilians.  What are your thoughts on this?"
"Oh, I do so dislike those terms, 'super-powered', 'vigilantes'.  Many people don't realize that actual superpowers are incredibly rare, accounting for between an estimated 1 to 5% of all crime fighters.  In addition, not all crime fighters are vigilantes, as many are hired by police or private organizations."
"What about the rumours of government-employed heroes?"
"Well, Thom, you see, there's absolutely no evidence of crime fighters being sanctioned by any branch of the government."
"On the contrary, Diane!  There's plenty of evidence if you look hard enough.  Take this new team in Aventin.  Matching uniforms, specialized equipment, fighting alongside the police even though the police won't confirm anything about them?  Clearly either every single one of them is Bruce Wayne or they're working for the government."
"Oh, please.  What about the Aventin Nightmare?  He's been labeled a vigilante by the APD and yet he has some of the most advanced powered armour this side of New York.  Clearly the man is independently wealthy."
"Moving right along, what do you have to say to those who think that these vigi- sorry, 'crime fighters' should be funded and given the same power as the police?"
"It's already one step from 'taking the law into my own hands' to 'I am the law'.  Giving these people money is a ridiculous idea.  Leave the law enforcement to the law enforcement officials."
"It's interesting you should mention that, what with the recent high-profile case with The Enforcer up in Toronto."
"I think those heroes sanctioned by the police should be given full-time jobs by them, but be made to reveal their identities if they haven't already and relinquish their unique technology and equipment.  Think about it!"
"I hate to interrupt this fascinating discussion, but for now we need to go to commercials.  We'll come back to this talk, but coming up next, exclusive information on Aventin's newest crime fighters, and reactions from people like you!"
The Channel Eleven News logo fades back onto the screen.  It flashes and disappears, giving way to commercials.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 05, 2012, 05:14:15 am »

((Oops, comprehension failure. Approached the mansion =/= in the mansion. Thanks!))

Ires looked around the coat room, it was fabulously decorated. Coats of differing quality, shape and size hung nearby. Maybe this could be used as an ambush or staging point for the Guards. Or she could just enter the front door and perhaps fool everyone else to redirect their attention.

Decisions, decisions. At least Desmond was guarding her back. She knew she could trust the man.

Looking at her radio, which still continued to emit static, it seemed the plan had to push through for lack of time.

"This place must be swarming with Guards."

Try to find a suitable hiding place with those coats. Call Desmond if he agrees.

Throw a Flashbang outside the mansion, to divert attention and hopefully get the Guards inside to leave the place. Lock the front door as they get stuck outside.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Nineteen! In which
« Reply #194 on: April 05, 2012, 01:10:17 pm »

Don't correct my math, Caellath  :-\  It's now turn nineteen, in Canada we could drink.

There's another soft beep as the HUD map changes slightly.
Ground Floor

Top Floor

"Control here again.  We've updated the maps for the last minute, removing the dots of any unconscious or dead guards.  Stay tuned for more updates, we should have more detail in a minute."

At the broken window,
Agent Fortmüller fires a single shot at one of the guards, [1+1] missing, as his robot fires a dart at the other [4].  The drugged guard sways but doesn't fall.
Agent Jackson chucks a flashbang into the window and ducks away, [2] but the guards shield their faces as well and it fails to do anything.
They fire back at the agents, [3-1] but the flashbang must have affected them somewhat as they miss.

At the front door,
Agent Green ponders heavy thoughts as he searches the guard he knocked out.  [1] All he finds is a dead man's switch, which starts giving off a high-pitched noise.
Agent Reon formulates a plan quickly, ducking behind some coat and getting Desmond to do the same.  She tosses a flashbang out the front door as a pair of guards come investigating, [6+1] but it goes off too quickly, blinding the guards before they've gone.  Ires and Desmond just push the guards out the front door instead and lock it behind them.

On the top floor,
Agent Maxwell heads out of her hiding spot, turning invisible again as she goes, and waits for a guard to pass as she heads north along the corridor.  She looks through the various keyholes on the doors along the north side of the hallway, spotting a guard sitting at some terminals, but not their target.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 01:12:07 pm by Remalle »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 86