Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177393 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (sometimes it even updates)
« Reply #1200 on: October 09, 2012, 08:10:23 pm »

Not much I can do against a heavily armored guy like that... the grapnel sure as hell isn't going to work, anyway. Jenny mentally sighed and rolled over onto her hands and knees, then scooted off behind a nearby building for cover. She'd just have to wait until an opportunity for her to be useful presented itself.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: October 09, 2012, 08:46:56 pm »

"The fact I didn't go for the kill should have told you something." Nicholas says, grinning inside the suit and remembering his particle gun. Basically the same as the man's shotgun...Just much better and deadlier.

"Stop trying to mess around with me or you won't live enough to regret it. And you have only yourself to blame." he continued, using the opportunity the man gave him by hiding behind the car wreck to fiddle with his suit then try to leap back and away from the man once again.

He also takes advantage of his quick programming and typing to send a silent text message to Jenny's suit:
I doubt I was the only target of this show. If I'm able to escape, try to find the others

Try to enhance agility-based movement temporarily by tinkering with the suit's settings, then leap away from the man, shooting his shotgun with the sniper rifle mid-leap.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 09, 2012, 08:50:42 pm »

Lisa snorted at the man.

"Take my concerns to you? You people haven't even told me who you are! Where an I supposed to take my concerns to exactly? The kidnappers hotline?"

Remember if my gauntlets and suit are insulated against electricity or not. Look for ways into the buildings on either side of the street while acting casually.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: October 09, 2012, 09:59:02 pm »

"Unless you give us a very good reason for us being detained or show me some credentials and let me cross check this with my superiors, we're not going anywhere.

I've never even heard of 'Spectral Command'-are you part of the U.S Government?"
Desmond said, arms crossed, forcefully keeping his tone diplomatic.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 01:03:45 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 10, 2012, 12:58:45 am »

"More over, why do you doubt who you serve? You 'guess' you're under Spectral Command?" Ires fingered the grip of her bow while keeping her tone civil. She glanced at Des with a look that said 'I'm not liking where this is going.'

"What do you mean by busy time of this season. How does that relate to us...being here. And why are you withholding information from us if you're responsible for our custody?"

Diplomacy!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 01:32:17 am by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 10, 2012, 01:05:41 am »

D:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 01:57:53 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 10, 2012, 01:15:42 am »

-sorry SeriousConcentrate  :-[-
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 01:31:48 am by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 10, 2012, 01:30:04 am »

(Hey, about we not bring this up in someone else's RTD? It's kind of rude to Remalle and it's annoying to me.)

(I'm just saying, the thread isn't yet locked. If you want to do anything else there, feel free, but it'd be nice if everyone forgot about it as soon as possible and act like it never existed so we can just, y'know, move on. I don't intend to be rude, but I don't want my problems / problems people have with me disrupting someone else's thread.)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 03:00:13 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn One Hundred Nineteen! In which Nick is injured.
« Reply #1208 on: October 12, 2012, 07:26:02 pm »

Turn one nineteen.

Agent Maxwell assesses her own effectiveness during the current threat, decides she's a bit lacking, and moves silently to behind the nearest house.  She receives a message overlaid on her vision from Nicholas:
I doubt I was the only target of this show. If I'm able to escape, try to find the others
Agent Fortmüller boosts power to his suit's legs and leaps up and away from the powered armour suit again, [6+1] shooting the shotgun out of his hands, and breaking it, in mid-leap.  The recoil from the rifle alters his trajectory, [1] and the battle suit lands hard on its head, jostling Nicholas hard.  [6] Despite his injuries he remains conscious.

Agent Conners remembers that her suit is insulated against both heat and electricity, though not completely; the electric rifle that wounded Desmond was significantly more powerful than the generators electrifying these fences, though it's a toss-up as to whether she can safely climb them or not.  [hidden spot check] Lisa also spots a few partially-opened windows at ground level on either side of the street that she didn't notice before.

Agent Green and Agent Reon keep up the questions.
[2+1] "Credentials?  I got your credentials right here."  The man gestures to his magenta armband.  "And no, we're not part of the U.S. Government.  I guess you could say that... well, that's none of your business."  He grins, and turns to Ires to answer her.  "I don't doubt who I serve.  I know full well who I serve.  It's never in question.  Your questions, however, are slowing us down, and you can have them answered after you've come with us, been detained for the time we specified, and been released.  I'll try and find some contact information so you can call our customer service hotline."

« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 12:35:08 pm by Remalle »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: October 12, 2012, 07:31:34 pm »

Jenny was torn between hanging around in case she could do something to help Nick and retreating to try and find the others. After a moment she sent a message back, saying that she was going to go look for the others and see about warning them if they hadn't run into trouble yet, then took off to look for them.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 12, 2012, 07:44:31 pm »

Nicholas sends Jenny a message before going on his way:
I'm heading towards the source of that gunshot, just in case.

Just take back to the roofs, this time without much hurry, and start to leap across the sturdier ones, like office building rooftops. Head to the source of the gunshot heard earlier.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: October 12, 2012, 07:57:47 pm »

Desmond shrugged.

"...We're leaving now. We've done nothing wrong, and you've done nothing to convince us you're anyone but a crazy person with an armband and a clipboard.

Have a nice evening, Sir."
He said, waving sarcastically and walking away.

Action: Attempt to leave and continue to look for the source of gunshots

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 12, 2012, 10:50:54 pm »

It's time to bust this popsicle stand. Lisa thought to herself as she casually strolled towards the open window, palming a flashbang on her hip as she turned.

"Well whoever you people are, you can be sure that I don't appreciate your 'hospitality'. Here's what I think of you."

Toss a armed flashbang straight up into the air and jump through a open window. It's breakout time!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 12, 2012, 11:18:36 pm »

"I...erm, I'm with Desmond here." Ires said, peering at the man's armband before turning to her side, readying to leave.

"Unless you're royalty, judging by the magenta, I don't think you've any authority over us, sir. I don't recall any known organization with nothing but magenta as their colors. And, I think it is our concern, as it involves our 'detainment' anyway.

"Also, I can build a snowman along with a castle made of snow in that two hours, so excuse us."

She leaned over to Desmond. "I think they're dropping formalities. Seems suspicious to me, or a rookie at his work. Did I tell you that Architecture helps in building snow castles? Also, flash. Readying if anything goes wrong."

Ready my hand, nonchalantly on the flashbang if anything goes wrong.

If not, just...leave. Do not examine for any attackers, because this magenta-wearing armband guy is creepy. D:

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn One Hundred Twenty! In which the team reunites.
« Reply #1214 on: October 19, 2012, 10:56:23 pm »

Finally, the one hundred and twentieth turn.  I did say I was going to update semi-consistently, didn't I?

Agent Maxwell decides to try to find the rest of the team instead of continuing the fight.  As she messages Nicholas to let him know, she hears the power armour pilot speaking into his comm unit behind her.
"This is Four Yellow Niner, requesting backup.  Corner of Goldriver and 16th, one hostile, code name Fire Fighter.  Red two yellow one cyan two, confirm?"
Less than a minute later she hears a heavy vehicle pass by a few streets away just as a message from Nicholas arrives.
I'm heading towards the source of that gunshot, just in case.
[hidden search check] After a few minutes of invisible searching Jenny stumbles upon Desmond and Ires, who are busy walking away from a flustered man with a magenta armband.

Agent Fortmüller [6] shrugs off the protests from his injured body and leaps back up to the roofs, heading in the direction of the gunshots again.  He hears three more shots in that direction as he passes directly over the startled powered armour pilot, who takes a quick potshot (1) with his shotgun, which misfires.  He throws it away in disgust.
Nicholas exchanges some brief messages with Jenny before he arrives at the area the gunshots have been coming from.  He finds a bunch of black-clad men blinking spots from their eyes (one of whom has been shot) and a pair of electrified fences at both ends of the street.

Agent Green and Agent Reon shrug off the armbanded man and head toward the continuing gunshots.
"Wh- hey!  You can't just leave like this!
"Gah, I hate this band so much.  Two Magenta Seven, code names Steel Wall and Straight Arrow are uncooperative.  Red two yellow two green one cyan one, confirm?
"...Desmond, huh?"
Desmond and Ires leave the man sputtering into his comm unit behind them as they head up the street together, unknowingly shadowed by Jenny.  Soon they spot Nicholas, and several extremely surprised black-clad men with pistols.

Agent Conners moves slowly and casually towards the nearest open window, flashbang in hand.
"Well whoever you people are, you can be sure that I don't appreciate your 'hospitality'.  Here's what I think of you."
[3] She tosses the flashbang behind her and runs for the window as it detonates.  Several panicked shouts are followed by wild pistol fire, (4-2) (4-2) (2-2) followed by a yelp as one of the men in black is struck by friendly fire.  [3] Lisa dives through the window, lands on her face, gets back to her feet, and dusts herself off.  She finds herself face-to-face with a speechless pair, a fearful-looking middle-aged woman and her wide-eyed young son.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 12:35:44 pm by Remalle »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 86