Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177419 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (Reserve your spot today!)
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2012, 03:21:51 pm »

QuickEdit: Oh, man, I just had the best idea. Somehow turn the flash from a flashbang lethal. That would be so awesome.
You figure out how that's supposed to work and I'll see about making it happen.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2012, 03:26:49 pm »

(Unfortunately the only way I can think of it to work would be is if I also had Nirur's powers; otherwise Jenny wouldn't have the reaction speed to convert the light to lasers before the effect ended. :\ It's a nice idea, but I don't think it's possible for me to do it.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2012, 09:08:57 pm »

Either learn how to adapt my grenade/object throwing abilities to coincide with my Trajectory Vision OR Train up dodging.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2012, 02:15:12 pm »

Waiting on Dwarmin.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2012, 05:50:10 am »

Action: Green tried to develop use of his powers-mostly, how to use stored kinetic energy as a ranged attack.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Twelve! In which nobody rolls above a 3.
« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2012, 01:35:32 pm »

'Tis Time for Turn Twelve.  Everybody's rolls sucked today.

The team spends their time training before being called in for their next mission.
Agent Jackson continues to train his power, aiming to remove the recoil effect from short time distortions.  [2] Unfortunately it seems he'll need to spend more time on this.  Thomas also spends twenty minutes slowed down so he can have fifteen sped up next time he needs it.
Agent Maxwell also tries training her power, with the aim of being able to create lasers.  [2] She's also unable to make any progress.
Agent Fortmüller takes some lessons from Dr. Colt on more advanced robotics and attempts to build himself a suit of powered armour.  [3] He builds a working frame.  With some more work it'll be finished!
Agent Reon tries integrating her trajectory vision with her throwing skills (automatic synergic success), and figures it out quickly enough that she also has enough time to train herself in dodging.  [2] Maybe if she had more time that one would be more successful.
Agent Green also trains himself in use of his powers, aiming to be able to use a ranged attack.  [3] He learns to project kinetic energy out in a large un-aimed sphere around himself, much like an explosion, after storing up a large amount of energy.  Perhaps with some more work he could learn to aim it.

No time for more work, however, because Brown has your next assignment.  After everybody's reported in he clears his throat and begins to explain the situation.
"We've managed to interview the mob boss you captured last week about that crystal you found.  For various reasons the higher-ups have not seen any reason to inform the police about that particular detail.  As it turns out, the gem was given to him to guard by a member of The Six, the group behind the explosion that gave most of you your powers, and he was able to give us enough information on his contact for us to track the guy down.  The guy's name is Arthur Crane, one of the inner circle of the organization, and he lives in a mansion on the west end of town.
"We don't want to involve the police in this one, so you five will be going alone.  We don't know what sort of defenses his mansion has, if any, so you'll need to be very careful, especially about setting off alarms.  Lethal force is authorized on any guards there might be, but Crane himself must be captured alive.  We also want you to recover any more of those jewels you can find.
"You're leaving tomorrow.  In that time you should ask your questions, discuss your plan of attack among yourselves, and do whatever other preparations you need to do.  Dismissed."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2012, 01:45:16 pm »

Nicholas shrugs.
"Well, work it is then."

Build a robot to help during the mission. Make it silent and arm it with tranquilizer darts.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 06:08:59 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2012, 02:33:20 pm »

Green merely nodded. This sounded like a mission that would be going bad in a hurry.

"Hmm...maybe we can get some EMP grenades? I saw those on the news a few weeks ago...

For the mission itself, I think we should split up-half work on subduing guards and disabling security, the other half go after the target.

My own skills will be best used here to take down guards silently in hand-to-hand. I'm not good with the technical stuff."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2012, 05:50:43 pm »

I'll requisition some breaching charges and get basic training in how to use them without exploding myself. If possible, I'd like a sidearm as well, so I won't have to stand around uselessly in a hallway shootout again.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2012, 11:08:00 pm »

Jenny prepares by trying some last minute quick training to improve her powers again.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2012, 02:40:50 am »

Ires agreed without saying a word.

She then tries to learn the subtle art of Diplomacy and/or Persuasion.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Thirteen! In which nobody reads this bit.
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2012, 03:53:27 am »

So the plan is "split into two teams and do stuff"?  Ok then.  Turn Thirteen it is.

The team spends the next twenty-four hours planning and preparing for the mission.  Desmond tries his hand at being team leader and proposes a plan of engagement.
"For the mission itself, I think we should split up-half work on subduing guards and disabling security, the other half go after the target."
The rest of the team agrees and that's that.

Agent Fortmüller spends the day working on a robot to replace the one lost on the previous mission.  Taking the previous design, he makes it as quiet as possible and adds tranq darts.
Agent Green requisitions EMP grenades.  Since the Department received some surplus in the last shipment, he gets two.
Agent Jackson requisitions breaching charges and a handgun, and training on how to use the charges.
"Put this here, press this bit, cover your ears."
The handgun is a semi-automatic, with a 15 round clip and two extra clips.  Thomas is carrying a lot of gear, now, and might have problems if he picks anything more up.
Agent Maxwell spends just a bit more time working on her powers.  She figures out how to focus light output to a very narrow point, not quite "laser" level but close enough to cause some serious damage to a lot of materials.  She also figures out how to see while invisible!
Agent Reon opts for a crash course on diplomacy and negotiations.  With her mental abilities she's easily able to pick up the basics within the day.
The team's preparations finished, they board their black helicopter and depart at midnight.

The five heroes arrive at the mansion on the west end of town just before 1:00.  An old imposing building, it towers above the surrounding gardens and lawns with its four stories and steep roofs.  A large front door and plentiful windows give the place an air of vulnerability, but the occasional glimpses of patrolling security within belie that impression.  An electrified fence surrounds the entire property, watched over by security cameras.  Behind the front gate is a small building with no windows and only one door, guarded by a single security guard.  A voice comes over the team's radio links.
"*ahem* This is your mission control for this evening.  Just thought I'd remind you again to make sure NOT to kill Crane.  Preliminary scouting of the area reports one of the main security stations is located in the building near the front gate, so I suggest making that your initial priority.  We have no idea of the layout of the mansion or how much security there really is, though, so stay sharp.
"Steel, Sonic, Fire, Flash, and, um... Huntress, good luck."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2012, 05:56:31 am »

Wait for someone to make a way in, go after them and send my robot to scout the area.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2012, 07:11:58 am »

Head straight to the gate and signal the one guard standing nearest to it. Making sure he holds the gate open to approach me.

Distract with a cover story and knock-out.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 01, 2012, 07:34:01 am »

Green otherwise stays hidden, preparing to help subdue the guard if Ires has trouble, or ready to deal with other threats if they arrive.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 86