Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177400 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (sometimes it even updates)
« Reply #1170 on: September 14, 2012, 07:41:06 pm »

Desmond shook his head.

"I'd have expected some fantastic crime too-you remember last year? Slaughterclaus? The Supervillian who tried to 'deck' city hall with guided missiles...well, I hope he doesn't show up this year!" Des mused,

"And, no. I figured how to use my kinetic powers to heat up my body a bit-not enough to breath fire, but I feel as warm as I would in the middle of summer. I've actually been doing it unconsciously for awhile now-the techs were saying my body temperature was spiking at odd times during missions.

It's taking concentration to do it consciously, right now. I just sort of imagine...well, you, Ires. And the sun, like I when first knew that...it was warmth...love. My emotions color my powers, you know. More than any of yours do, I think. It's certainly something I'll have to look into later..."
He said, trailing off.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: September 14, 2012, 08:07:29 pm »

"So, um. anyway... I'll let you pick where we go. Surprise me." She grinned and entered the phone booth, dialing the number for the animal shelter the fundraiser was going to be at.
"Same thing for me, never had left Aventin." Nicholas said before pulling a list of places around town from the built-in computer in his suit. No way in hell he'd take her for pizza.

He rolled the list around looking for something...Well, he got to the conclusion he knew little about his teammates aside from the fact he had a video from Ire and spite for Desmond's orders whenever Nicholas was feeling like acting like a crazy SOB. Well, he'd figure it out...Were there any malls around there? That in mind, he got back to his search.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: September 15, 2012, 01:55:13 pm »

((Sorry  :-[))

"Why not now?" Ires said, pointing at a nearby clump of snow that was as tall as him. "This sure looks like a perfect place to test it! No civilians around...we're practically on the wayside."

She wondered how men in general felt, when in this situation. "I always wondered why you were so determined...Wonder if you could manifest that power, most likely?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: September 17, 2012, 11:11:28 am »

((huh, totally missed this <_< Posting and bumping this!))

Desmond wondered about that.

"I suppose I could try...It'll sap alot of my energy though."

He walked over and placed his hand on the snowdrift, concentrating on emotion-passion. It had been so long since he had met anyone like Ires...she made him feel...good.

When Desmond opened his eyes, he was breathing hard-and he was certainly a bit colder. But he had melted a perfect handprint deep in the snow.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: September 17, 2012, 11:23:50 am »

(( :P))

Ires walked up and saw Desmond's work. It was better than she imagined: not a snow sculpture, detailed in it's work, nor any sort of water construct. There was no sign of any special effects, just a simple design. A handprint.

A handprint that perfectly matched her own. Surprisingly, as she pressed her own hand in, it was different from feeling the regular snow. Heat emanated from it, just like the same warmth Desmond had.

Her smile widened as she gazed upon Desmond. He looked tired, but seemed to be satisfied with his work.

Of course, simplicity was the best gifts you could give -- nothing complicated could determine what you truly felt about someone, and this seemed to seal it.

"It's beautiful."

She grasped his hand once more after hugging him, feeling it colder and near her temperature. But she knew where it all went; and she was happy once again.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:29:54 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: September 22, 2012, 09:36:45 am »

((I would bump this with RP, but I got terrible timing. I can't continue my RP with SC now, because he'll be off Bay12 for some time. My bad. :P))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn One Hundred Sixteen! In which plot happens.
« Reply #1176 on: September 22, 2012, 04:54:15 pm »

Turn one sixteen.  Been busy, and will be busy, so don't be expecting consistent updates for a month or two.  Also, you people roleplay way too much.  :P

Agent Maxwell and Agent Fortmüller head to an abandoned animals fundraiser to help out, making the event organizers extremely excited.  Jenny's called upon to make a short speech, and she does, [5] learning some useful tricks for speaking as she does.  At the same time Nicholas, who's standing in the back making a token appearance, is trying to create a compound better than heavy plastic - [4-1] he doesn't have the chemical knowledge for it, but he does discover during his research that there are ways of treating the nanotubes during the synthesizing process that can perfectly insulate heavy plastic against both heat and electricity.
Agent Green and Agent Reon do some studying together.
Desmond requisitions a report from HQ on the weapon that had nearly killed him.  According to the techs back at the lab it was something called an electric rifle, using a laser to create an electrically charged point and arcing electricity to that point, or something like that.  The report is very technical, but Desmond gathers that the rifle's main weakness is that it needs a huge amount of energy, so if it's not attached to a power source it needs to gather background energy for a few minutes before being ready to fire again.  Defending against it is relatively simple, involving either covering oneself in an insulating material, or having something capable of refracting the laser.
Ires studies physics, starting with snowflakes.  [5] Huh!  They fall to the ground because of a force called "gravity"?  Who knew?  As she studies she realizes that she's also improving her trajectory vision, to the point where she's also able to determine physical properties of objects simply by looking at them.
Agent Conners, realizing that her powers only accelerate a body's natural healing processes and won't help with more severe injuries, spends some time at a first-aid class at a local clinic, [6] blazing through the basic courses without a problem.  She picks up a complementary first-aid kit on her way out.

As night falls the team hits the town in pairs (or heads home, in Lisa's case).  Ten minutes later, everybody begins to realize the streets have suddenly become oddly quiet.  The sounds of two quick gunshots followed by a third echo through the streets as people still out hurry to get inside.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: September 22, 2012, 05:18:58 pm »

((SerCon isn't posting any time soon, so I'll wait his action to post mine.))

"Well, sounds like our calling." Nicholas said, staring at Jenny. Out of respect, he had even saved and shut down his research as he walked by her side, but it seemed the world didn't think it was interesting to leave them be.

He still felt a bit out of place near the girl, even more so when he was wearing the Warlord suit. It was an unusual scene, watching the tall power armor-wearing man walking side by side with the petite woman.
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: September 23, 2012, 12:43:16 am »

Lisa walked home, smiling to herself as she looked over her new first aid kit. It wasn't a degree in medicine, but it would help and she could improve on her knowledge. As she walked and heard the gunshots, she stopped and sighed, pulling out and donning her mask in a back alley. Seems like her day wasn't finished yet...

Head toward the gunshots!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 09:07:33 am by Zako »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: September 23, 2012, 09:40:26 pm »

(Sorry about that, Caellath. Just got home about ten minutes ago and working my way up from the bottom of the 'new replies' page. :P Also, smashed my right middle finger in the car door, so I have to type with only six fingers now and it's slow going. I'm used to the home-row business but now I have to compensate for my entire right hand. The whole thing's thrown off. XD Anyway...)

Jenny sighed and looked down. "I guess suggesting we let Lisa, Des, and Ire take care of it is too much to hope for?" she asked with a small smile. "...Honestly I don't think I'd feel right if we didn't go check it out. Let's go." She gave a decisive nod to Nick, then started jogging in the direction of the gunshots.

Jenny heads toward the scene of the crime!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: September 23, 2012, 11:06:27 pm »

"Yeah, kind of a nuisance." Nicholas says, scratching the back of his armor's helmet before sighing. "And here I was, thinking I could get some nice and peaceful time..."

As he broke into a run, he extended his hand, offering to carry Jenny on his shoulder if she wanted to. He was faster in his powered armor, after all.

Nicholas runs and carries Jenny with him if allowed.
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: September 23, 2012, 11:44:02 pm »

Jenny will indeed allow this, and takes his hand to be pulled up. She also cloaks so no one knows she's up there but Nick.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: September 24, 2012, 01:08:49 am »

"No rest for the weary..."" Desmond said, putting on his mask and retrieving his shield from the trunk of his car.

Action: Investigate the gunshots

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: September 24, 2012, 08:39:23 am »

((Newbox failed me!

No, actually it was RL time! D:

@SC: You type with 7 fingers?  :P
@Dwar: Sorry for that...))

"Back to work, already?"

The weekend was a wonderful one. While it was more simplistic than she expected, Ires marveled at how Desmond took on the world, in his own way and time. The scenery, the conversations, the time spent together where nobody else would disturb you were to be remembered, truly.

Turning back to the here and now, it was comforting to see the rest of her team pack up for work before any local enforcement could be sensed. The fighting spirit was admirable, despite what everyone else (and she) was thinking...

Wasn't this a vacation?

"Wait, crime never sleeps..."

Ires follows Desmond! But before that, calling the people to stay safe and to not get out!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 11:57:22 pm by Tiruin »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: September 24, 2012, 09:05:54 am »

Hold on, I just realised I read that turn wrong! Editing post in shame...
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 86