Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177416 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (sometimes it even updates)
« Reply #1125 on: August 28, 2012, 11:16:27 pm »

Ires was still undecided about the course of action but what astounded her was how Crane healed back the wounds taken.

It was as if the structure relied on itself for maintenance at an explosive rate. A brief glimpse of cell mitosis hit her thought center. It was annoying.

"You...you aren't draining their life or anything. And why the rush? You can tell us...anything."

Diplomacy -- persuade for more info!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: August 28, 2012, 11:37:33 pm »

Action: Cross my arms and glower at him.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: August 29, 2012, 06:43:38 am »

Jenny grunted, displeased, and did the only bit of petty, petulant meanness she could: she sniffed disdainfully at his offer of a handshake and took a step back.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: August 30, 2012, 10:37:55 pm »

((Not inspired at all.))

Leech Crane's bodily heat.

Build a short-ranged energy-based weapon to turn Crane's physical body into dust, using the nearby suits and machinery as pieces.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 06:27:55 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn One Hundred Twelve! In which the villain exits.
« Reply #1129 on: August 31, 2012, 06:57:27 pm »

Turn one hundred twelve.  Caellath's been complaining at me a lot, which is why this is so delayed.

Agent Conners moves to block the door.  "Hold it right there Crane!  How exactly will you contact us if we let you out of here?  You're not leaving until we get answers!"
He rolls his eyes.  "Don't worry about it.  I did just seize control of your entire base, you know, so I'm sure I can handle leaving a sticky note somewhere."
Agent Reon says "You... you aren't draining their life or anything.  And why the rush?  You can tell us... anything."
[1+1] He doesn't look convinced.  "And why should I tell you anything more than it takes for me to get out of here alive?"
Agent Green crosses his arms and glowers at Crane.
Agent Maxwell sniffs disdainfully and steps back.
Agent Fortmüller grabs the nearest damaged powered armour suits and miscellaneous machinery to build [3+2] a short-ranged particle beam gun, which he aims at Crane, but doesn't fire just yet.

Crane walks over to Lisa and (6) shoves her aside.  "I shall take my leave now, ladies and gentlemen."  And with that, he walks out the door, shutting it behind him.
The remaining conscious gunmen around the room drop their weapons, collect their wounded, and gather in the center of the room, kneeling with their hands on their heads.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 07:05:28 pm by Remalle »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: August 31, 2012, 10:25:34 pm »

Ires noted the obvious, and wondered why Crane wasn't using that obvious, unless he was trying some sort of intellectual gambit.

"That was really pathetic of him."

Follow that "gentlemanly" bastard.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: August 31, 2012, 11:46:23 pm »

"Asshole..."

Drain all the prisoners into unconciousness and use the extra energy to heal the team, Desmond first.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: September 01, 2012, 01:00:42 am »

Cloak and follow.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: September 01, 2012, 09:06:56 am »

He noticed a few members of his team starting to pursue.

"...We need to prioritize finding the hostages. Crane is secondary. Follow him but do not engage." He orders.

Action: Take a breather. It's been a long mission.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: September 01, 2012, 09:10:25 am »

"The agents I freed must be on it. And going after Crane won't help much, he's like one of those villains with plot immunity."

Rebuild the Warlord Armor with the pieces lying around. But with an enhanced energy collection system.

Add two built-in equipments: A lightning-discharging attack built into the armor plates and a system to collect energy from around the suit with more efficience, to absorb part of the energy of attacks directed against it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 01:35:24 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: September 01, 2012, 09:47:54 am »

"I can't believe this."

Ire held her hands up in irritation. The man they were supposed to be having a gentlemanly duel just walked out under the grounds of parley.

"I'll be following him, perhaps along with Jenny here. And Nik, where did you get the idea of some plot? You think he's immune to our intelligence network or something?"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn One Hundred Thirteen! In which Nicholas tinkers.
« Reply #1136 on: September 06, 2012, 02:32:08 pm »

Turn one hundred thirteen!  I was kidding about Caellath's complaining last time.  I'm just lazy.

Agent Reon starts to speak, then realizes that Crane probably can't hear her.  "That was really pathetic of him."
She follows him out, an invisible Agent Maxwell following her, and looks around.  He either went back into the storage vaults/detention block area, or up in the elevator.  The elevator car is still on this floor.
Agent Conners mutters imprecations under her breath as she drains the prisoners into unconsciousness.  Once that's done she turns her attention to her teammates, starting with Desmond, using the excess energy to boost their healing processes.  Desmond and Ires will still need medical attention for their more severe injuries, however.
Agent Green takes a minute or two to catch his breath, letting the healing energy from Lisa work on his bruises and sore muscles.  It has been a very long mission.
Agent Fortmüller tries to recreate the Warlord suit from memory and the pieces of powered armour lying around the workshop.  [5+2] His memory has the Warlord being four meters tall, apparently.  To power the massive machine he makes improvements to his power system, [2+2] which now absorbs enough background energy to keep the massive suit running, and even robs a small amount of energy from incoming attacks.  Then he builds an electrical weapon into the plates of the suit, [5+2] which if it were activated would discharge all of the suit's energy into a massive explosion of electricity, shutting down and most likely damaging the suit itself as well as doing massive damage to everything around it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: September 06, 2012, 02:40:03 pm »

"Looks like a nice last-ditch option...Although I'll have to remake the suit itself a bit smaller. Hmmm."

Get the size right.
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: September 06, 2012, 02:43:10 pm »

Jenny lightly tapped Ires's shoulder to let her know she was there. "You try the elevator, OK? I can't really use it without blowing the whole 'stealth' thing. I'll check this way." She headed toward the vaults.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: September 06, 2012, 09:59:20 pm »

Lisa stepped back and admired her work. They weren't completely fixed, but it would do for now. She would have to learn how to be a medic in the future...

"Ok big guy, I've done what I can, but you and arrow still need proper medical treatment. You should be good for the rest of the mission, but try not to get shot by anything that's not a bullet again, ok?"

She turned to look around the shot up lab. Crane was down here for a reason... Best to find out now.

Investigate the labs downstairs, searching for what Crane would have wanted.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 86