Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177430 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (sometimes it even updates)
« Reply #1080 on: August 12, 2012, 10:58:46 pm »

(Is it wrong that I prefer learning things from people on the internet to school? XD Seriously though, I'll edit my action to do that. Thanks. ^^^)
((It's always different on the internet.

Believe it. [And I'm learning! Yay!  :P]))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 12, 2012, 10:59:40 pm »

(You and me both. :3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 12, 2012, 11:15:22 pm »

(Is it wrong that I prefer learning things from people on the internet to school? XD Seriously though, I'll edit my action to do that. Thanks. ^^^)

School goes at one speed. The internet lets you choose your own pace. Also you can learn basically anything on the internet.

Anyways, I'm done with my ‼SCIENCE‼ interjections. Continue.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn One Hundred Seven! In which science can go home.
« Reply #1083 on: August 13, 2012, 08:55:30 pm »

One hundred seventh turn!  The science might not work, but a 5 was rolled, so you're all just gonna have to deal with it.

Agent Maxwell gathers up some of the scrap metal, magnetizes it, and tries to send it flying toward the sniper's position.  [3+2] It works, and though they're not particularly fast or accurate the sharp metal pieces pelting his body eventually bring him down.
Agent Conners grins and uses the excess energy from draining her target to take a boosted run at the nearest unarmed enemy, [6+1] tackling him to the floor and cracking his skull against the ground.  He dies too quickly for Lisa to take any energy from him.
Agent Fortmüller strides up to the powered armour pilot, music still blaring, and [2] makes a clumsy grab attempt which is blocked.
Agent Green lets go of the suit and shield-rushes one of the last armed henchmen, [1] getting a face-full of lead.  Though it drops harmlessly off, Desmond instinctively flinches, and when he's re-focused he's lost sight of the guy.
Agent Reon checks her wound.  It's a superficial graze, barely even bleeding, but the powered armour pilot has left some ugly bruising around the wound, and it's now oozing blood.  It's not nearly enough to keep her down.
Ires rushes back up the suit and tries to jam an arrow into a joint.  [2] He's moving too fast, though, and she ends up breaking the arrow against the armour.
The pilot turns back to Ires and swings with his unbroken arm, (2-1) but she catches the blow and locks his arm, jamming another arrow into the inside of his elbow.
The sniper takes careful aim at the Warlord and fires, (6) completely melting the armour.  Nicholas absorbs the heat before he can be burned and the heavy plastic battle suit cools into a massive fused lump with him still inside.
The henchman with the lightning gun fiddles with it for a bit before spinning it up again.
A pair of unarmed thugs rush out of cover, grab the minigun, and drag it back behind cover.
(2) Some random shots ring out, missing everybody.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 03:57:15 pm by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: August 13, 2012, 09:02:40 pm »

Nicholas sighs before starting to slowly making areas he can destroy brittle by absorbing heat and redirecting it to other areas.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: August 13, 2012, 09:24:29 pm »

Jenny focused on the sniper rifle and attempted to magnetize it and her hands with opposite polarities, to yank it away. If she got it, it was time to return fire at the guy who shot Nick.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 13, 2012, 10:19:45 pm »

Lisa decides to quickly boost herself to rush and drain the man with the lightning gun before he can fire again. She then claims the gun for herself.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: August 13, 2012, 11:37:35 pm »

Screw the rules, we have dice!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: August 14, 2012, 09:06:20 am »

Action: Energy blast at lightning gun guy. He just doesn't learn his lesson, does he?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: August 14, 2012, 09:12:23 am »

Kick to the lower body from position of locked arm!

Quip at the power armor user, because someone hit Desmond with impunity.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn One Hundred Eight! In which the number is a trope.
« Reply #1090 on: August 14, 2012, 03:52:09 pm »

Turn one hundred and eight.

Agent Fortmüller sighs yet again and sets to work making the shell he's in brittle enough to break out of.  [2] He quickly loses patience as he doesn't seem to get anywhere.
Agent Maxwell tries to magnetize the sniper rifle all the way from the other side of the room.  [2+2] She fires a bolt of electricity at it, and pulls while it's briefly magnetized.  It flies out of the sniper's hands and clatters onto the floor in the middle of the room.
Agent Conners rushes again at the electric rifle wielder, using the last of her energy reserve to do so.  [6+1] Once again she impacts him, hard, into the wall, killing him instantly.  She picks up the gun and tries to figure out how to work it.  [6] Just need to enter the specifics of the bolt you want to fire into this panel here and pull the trigger, simple enough.  Without an external power source it needs to recharge for about a minute between shots.
Agent Green fires energy blasts at the corpse of the guy Lisa just killed, flopping him around like a ragdoll.
Agent Reon keeps the powered armour's arm locked and kicks his lower body.  [3+1] She bruises her shin but the wheezing sounds coming from the pilot are quite satisfying.  [5] She also makes an extremely witty quip at him.
The powered armour pilot tries to shake Ires off, (4-1) and succeeds in breaking the joint lock, if not her grip.
(3) The unmistakable sound of a minigun spinning up starts again, but it doesn't fire.

Arthur Crane sighs and stands up from somewhere in the back of the labs, walking into the middle of the room and picking up the sniper rifle.  He waves it about randomly as he speaks.  "Everyone stop shooting, please.  Now, all of you, would you please stop killing my men?  Honestly, I just wanted to talk with you, and you come in here and start shooting up the place."  He grins.  "Manners cost nothing, you know."

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 03:57:37 pm by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: August 14, 2012, 03:56:09 pm »

Nicholas starts to hum a song while working.

Try again.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: August 14, 2012, 04:00:30 pm »

Jenny attempted to collect the gun again by magnetizing it a second time. "Your men shot first! If you really wanna talk, stand down and disarm," she said.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: August 14, 2012, 04:05:58 pm »

((I think she's right. The team only barged in first with some non-lethal grenades for cover, they were the ones who started shooting. Crane probably either has Alzheimer's or a terrible common sense.))
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: August 14, 2012, 04:07:05 pm »

Green grunted. Crane came later.

Ires was still fighting with the man in Power Armor, and he needed to go down.

Action: Get the powered armor guy off Ires-flank him, and tear/punch out vulnerable parts of the suit. Do not be gentle about it.

((@Cael: Cranes also an affably evil villain :P He used the 'Can't we all just be friends?' after a bloody battle type sarcastic entrance.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 86