Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Friendly fire?  (Read 1400 times)

scotch208

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Friendly fire?
« on: March 22, 2012, 03:07:08 pm »

Can your marksdwarves or enemy archers shoot their own squadmates or civ on accident? If not I think this is something that should be added.
-The Dwarf Creed-
This is my workshop. There are many like it but this one is mine. It is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without my workshop I am useless. I must use my workshop well. I must work harder than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. He must have fun before I do. I will make it so. Before Armok I swear this creed: my workshop and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it. Amen.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Friendly fire?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 03:11:22 pm »

It doesn't seem to be possible with marksdwarves, but it is still possible with ballistae.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 03:18:22 pm »

As far as I know, it does not occur.

That said, I have seen axedwarves tangling with a mob of hydras and dragons, which use no equipment, sprout arrows in their bodies when I ordered my marksdwarves to fire on the same melee. Maybe it was a result of tantrums? (the axedwarves were getting literally torn apart due to some unfortuitous size modding).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 03:20:03 pm by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 03:22:37 pm »

Can your marksdwarves or enemy archers shoot their own squadmates or civ on accident? If not I think this is something that should be added.
oh they can, its rare but they can hit them.

scotch208

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 03:27:45 pm »

I only asked because I am trying to kill a vampire by sending him out alone against a siege. He is holding his own for ever a month and has 2 goblin squads shooting at him, while he is in a pile of goblins trying to melee him to death. So I thought it would be cool if the SWARM of bolts and arrows could hit the goblins around him too.
-The Dwarf Creed-
This is my workshop. There are many like it but this one is mine. It is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without my workshop I am useless. I must use my workshop well. I must work harder than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. He must have fun before I do. I will make it so. Before Armok I swear this creed: my workshop and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it. Amen.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 03:33:44 pm »

It is possible for them to shoot members of their own civ who are not part of your fortress, but that seems to be the extent.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 05:55:31 am »

It is possible for them to shoot members of their own civ who are not part of your fortress, but that seems to be the extent.
This. Do this for instant fun overdose.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.