Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Play as a god?  (Read 807 times)

Formerly haftan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Play as a god?
« on: May 05, 2008, 05:48:00 pm »

So the gist of my idea is that since the world is so malleable and inconsistent then why should godly laws be? I am suggesting since each created world has different outcomes and cultures and some creatures can be more good or evil then others then why not make it a game feature to find out? Confused? let me explain. how about a world that either as a starting option or some attained superfeat you are a demigod. But you do not know your powers. or even what effect they have on creatures. Say you are a demon, or a giant, and one group of goblins worships you while another despises you. Or humans worship you but run from you out of fear! Or you bring disease to one cave but another group is immune. There can be benefits too. like increased population fertility or increased smithy skill. you get the idea.  So you have powers (or can get them/choose them) but it has effects you dont know. so the power may help you kill dragons but it also makes kobolds constantly follow you, etc. and its different for every civ and every world. that way you can create havoc without knowing how or why. and your power will stay with a civ if you convince them to make a temple to you. through trade, quests or threats.
thoughtS?

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Play as a god?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 06:06:00 pm »

I think you should at least get hints.

I would hate working for days to become half god, then not knowing how I can do anything cool.

Would be annoying.

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Formerly haftan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 06:16:00 pm »

ok, you get hints. but wouldnt it be fun to sleep in town then wake up to everyone being zombified and after you?

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 11:50:00 pm »

It would, but I would rather be able to pick a necromancer/zombie commander as an ability.

Holy shit zombie child army   :D

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 01:22:00 am »

Pssh zombie child army? Limbless kitten zombie army!
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 01:49:00 am »

Oh, Mulch, I found a game you might be interested in.
http://armorgames.com/play/178/fuzzy-mcfluffenstein-2

Completely off-topic, I know.  But it should distract him for long enough to have a meaningful discussion.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 03:39:00 pm »

That game needs more levels...and maby some animals that attack.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 02:28:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Mulch Diggums:
<STRONG>Pssh zombie child army? Limbless kitten zombie army!</STRONG>

That would be awesome and adorable. *wanders off to the pet cemetery with a book of necromancy*

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.