Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Blood EVERYWHERE.  (Read 4918 times)

Sabreur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Blood EVERYWHERE.
« on: March 20, 2012, 10:25:05 pm »

I have a waterfall in the statue garden to keep my dwarves happy.  I had to turn it off to do some plumbing for a flooding chamber.  During the time it was off, a bunch of goblins died in the river that feeds the waterfall.

When I turned it back on, my 'peaceful misting waterfall' became a godawful fountain of blood (which still gives my dwarves happy thoughts, thanks to all the mist).

To make matters worse absolutely hilarious, the waterfall didn't drain quite fast enough.  There's no flooding, but it covered the room in a 1-2 deep layer of bloody water before receding.  So now everything in the room is covered in a fine layer of blood.  The walls, the floors, the gold statues, you name it.  I think I accidentally made the perfect altar to Armok.

My question - Is there any downside to this?  The blood isn't infectious, and the floor grates kept it from getting tracked into the fortress proper.  And I have to admit, having a room full of statues stained with the blood of the enemy is the dorfiest accident I've had so far.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Blood EVERYWHERE.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 10:27:18 pm »

I don't see the problem here.  The only issue is that you didn't document your methodology.  Dwarf Monthly will never accept your shoddy research notes!  We must have solid methods and reproducible results!

Sabreur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 10:49:28 pm »

I don't see the problem here.  The only issue is that you didn't document your methodology.  Dwarf Monthly will never accept your shoddy research notes!  We must have solid methods and reproducible results!

Sorry about that, I didn't see how the goblins died in the river - I think it was a lucky crossbow bolt right where the intake was.

Wait, what are you doi...
Sabreur has been sentenced to 3 Hammer Strikes for: Failure to Document !!Science!! Properly
Sabreur cancels Post On Forum: Interrupted by Hammerer
Sabreur has been struck down

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 11:32:54 pm »

If you intend to follow proper scientific procedure, you now need to find a way to kill something with your bloodied waterfall. 

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 11:49:36 pm »

I gotta make my whole fort like this. Dump bloody corpses everywhere, evacuate my dwarves to the surface castle, flood the fort repeatedly to really get the blood into every crack 'n crevice, and then let my dwarves back down.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 11:52:46 pm »

If you intend to follow proper scientific procedure, you now need to find a way to kill something with your bloodied waterfall.

Replicate said blood waterfall, for use in front entrance. Replace goblin blood with deadly FB blood.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 11:53:20 pm »

And i was just wondering what to build in my Temple of Armok.
A Blood Fountain. This is simply genius.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 12:24:42 am »

Sounds like you've got a decent start for a temple dedicated to Khorne going there. Now start piling up the skulls in the center of the room.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 12:32:46 am »

Blood for the Blood God!
Skulls for the Skull Throne!

I kinda want to see the save game...
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 01:38:29 am »

I hear Armok's mighty voice and he is PLEASED with this.

Sounds like you've got a decent start for a temple dedicated to Khorne going there. Now start piling up the skulls in the center of the room.

Also add some brass throne at one point.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 01:46:08 am »

With such a sucessful temple to KhorneArmok here it would be awful to let a Keeper of SecretsNecromancer come inside...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 02:07:05 am by Blizzlord »
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Muttonhawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord-High everything else
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 05:24:41 am »

With such a sucessful temple to KhorneArmok here it would be awful to let a Keeper of SecretsNecromancer come inside...

Khorne? Armok? Same passed earth, different privy.
How sad, imagine what they would've come up with... Booze proppelled rocket bayonets
Quote from: Dylan Moran
You know what you are? You're a beard with an idiot hanging off it.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 06:57:33 am »

Is it an even coating of blood, or is it more like a few really big puddles?  I think an even coating would be best, especially if you can get the entire room stained bright red.
I've had something vaguely similar happen to me, though not nearly as awesome.  When I was trying to set up a system of pressurized water cannons, I accidentally fired one into my main outdoor meeting area, and it washed ten years' worth of blood and grime off my dwarves and onto the ground.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 08:49:15 am »

Blood for the Blood God!
Skulls for the Skull Throne!
Link to the Game Save!
Fixed that one for ya. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 10:40:48 am »

I did sort of the same thing with pus and rotting corpses. Yay nurgle.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.
Pages: [1] 2