Scotish (Rich and Raidable)
- 3 (21.4%)
Mercians (Tiny and Tenacious)
- 1 (7.1%)
Northumbrians (Big and Badass)
- 5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Let's Play: Viking: Total War! Has Sprung a Leak in a Storm  (Read 25837 times)

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: Viking: Total War!
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2012, 04:03:39 am »

Eh, I don't have a funny name. But my real first name is Henrik. So if you go with the vikings that's a very appropriate name for a Nordic prince or something. Your call, you can also just go with hostergaard if you wish, or not at all, its not that important.
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Let's Play: Viking: Total War! First Thing of the Twelve Bays Called!
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012, 10:24:53 am »

Turn 1

Spoiler: In the Beginning (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leaders of the Vikings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battle of Cantware (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: Viking: Total War! First Thing of the Twelve Bays Called!
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2012, 01:50:28 pm »

Definitely go for Ireland if you think Saxons will be unable to cause significant damage to us while we're out there raiding and plundering. With loot and experience of Ireland in our hands, how could the Englanders stand a chance against us?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2012, 03:01:43 pm »

Definitely go for Ireland if you think Saxons will be unable to cause significant damage to us while we're out there raiding and plundering. With loot and experience of Ireland in our hands, how could the Englanders stand a chance against us?

Actually, despite being allied with Mercia and all, we're not actually at war with the Saxons, oddly enough. If they were to attack us while we were out raiding, then southeastern England would be screwed, since we simply don't have the money to support two armies. Still, Ireland should generate us more money, so we should be able to bounce back fairly quickly. We'll see.

EDIT:

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 03:09:11 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2012, 03:13:17 pm »

I went with Welsh, because :

- Saxons "don't mix blood".
- Picts will be a worthy foe later, not now.
- Irish would give you too much money.
- Someone in this thread is Welsh.
- Sheb wanted you to play as them.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2012, 03:27:14 pm »

Attack the Welsh. Just incase the universe is recursive... (I am Welsh, with Viking ancestors who settled here around 900AD following some good old pillaging in the Swansea area).

So, assuming my continued existance is confirmed, I would like to have one of my forebearers to mess around with. As long as you go burn Swansea.
This is a blank sig.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2012, 03:36:23 pm »

Yes, the Welsh are a natural target, and it'll allow us to take the saxon in a pincer movement.

I bestow the title of Kind of Cantwale on Sirus. He served me well and binding the sneaky bastard here is a good thing.

As King of Cantwale, he'll stay behind to defend Our holdings in England while I lead the attach on Wales.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2012, 04:50:53 pm »

Yes, the Welsh are a natural target, and it'll allow us to take the saxon in a pincer movement.

Pincer movements require us to have more than one army. But I suppose that we might be able to support another army with the plunder from Wales, at least for a time.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2012, 05:15:21 pm »

Sirus can be the other side of the pincer. On his own.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2012, 06:10:14 pm »

I have the disturbing feeling that my liege is trying to kill me :P

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2012, 06:50:37 pm »

Me? Trying to get rid of a traitorous bastards that betrayed all his own generals and quite possibly want my crown? Why on Earth would I want to do that?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2012, 06:56:32 pm »

Um, no. My old generals betrayed me. Bastards shall rot in the coldest part of Hell for eternity.

Not that I would turn down your crown if it was offered...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2012, 03:07:37 am »

To my paranoid madman's mind, those are one and the same thing. Oh, look, a flying pony!

((Also, I think it'd be more fun and medieval-esque if the kingdom was composed of largely independent sub-units. So I'll let you manage southern england, and plot to use it as a springboard to the danish crown.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2012, 03:37:36 am »

Can I join?  I know your finances are bad, but it would be really, really nice of you to add me in as a mercenary general.  If it's really that bad money-wise, then please, just give me a normal viking general, with any men you can spare. 

But really, if possible, make me a mercenary general. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2012, 10:14:39 am »

Well, it appears that invading Wales is leading, so I might as well post my plan for the invasion of Wales. Mind you, if Ireland somehow manages to sneak out a victory, then the plan can easily be adapted.

To my paranoid madman's mind, those are one and the same thing. Oh, look, a flying pony!

((Also, I think it'd be more fun and medieval-esque if the kingdom was composed of largely independent sub-units. So I'll let you manage southern england, and plot to use it as a springboard to the danish crown.

Well, if Sirus is going to manage Southern England, then I might as well ask him what he wants to focus on down there, either military, navy or trade. Military is the construction of buildings to produce/upgrade units, navy is the same but for ships, and trade focuses on ports and improving our trade income, which is the quickest and most efficient way to increase our income. Farms can be improved, but they are expensive, and take 16 turns to complete. With our vast navy, establishing a trade network is easy and much more profitable than farming.

Actually Sheb, I might as well ask you the same question as well, except for Norway/Denmark of course.

Can I join?  I know your finances are bad, but it would be really, really nice of you to add me in as a mercenary general.  If it's really that bad money-wise, then please, just give me a normal viking general, with any men you can spare. 

But really, if possible, make me a mercenary general. 

By the time that we can afford mercenaries, we should be able to support more than one army, so if you don't mind waiting a mercenary general is certainly possible.

EDIT: If Sirus is going to control Southern England, than the Kingship of East Seaxe should be his to give out.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 10:16:38 am by USEC_OFFICER »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8