Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: how to trade?  (Read 1118 times)

targetstar

• Bay Watcher
  • ahh, its raining goblin blood.
    • View Profile
how to trade?
« on: March 19, 2012, 10:05:27 pm »

well yea how do you trade?

i want to sell things individually (cause there noobish elves) and i want to sell some plants (cause i have a massive surplus of them) is there anyway i can trade without moving from barrel, if not, what items are allowed to do that?
ahh, its raining goblin blood everwere

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: how to trade?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 10:17:23 pm »

For the elves don't sell anything made of wood... so if you want to sell those plants you'd better have some rock pots made from the craftsdwarf shop.  Don't sell any barrels!!  You can bring wooden bins to the elves and sell the contents inside, but don't sell the bin itself.  Selling mechanisms can bring you some good trading too.

targetstar

• Bay Watcher
  • ahh, its raining goblin blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 10:55:37 pm »

tx
ahh, its raining goblin blood everwere

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 07:08:28 am »

some things can only be sold inside the container. I think that counts for pretty much everything in barrels and pots
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Mushroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 11:28:45 am »

Create a separate stockpile for your trade goods, and set it not to accept barrels (q, E).

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 12:29:53 pm »

The only ones where it matters for those is seeds and prepared food I think. From a bin you can usually simply select the seperate items.
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Mushroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 12:46:03 pm »

The only ones where it matters for those is seeds and prepared food I think. From a bin you can usually simply select the seperate items.

Seeds, plants, prepared meals, flour, sugar, dye--anything solid--can be stored in barrels.

Bags of quarry bush leaves, sugar, flour, and dye make wonderful trade goods with the elves (so long as they are not stored in wooden barrels of course).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 02:09:30 pm by Mushroo »

floundericiousWA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 01:11:09 pm »

also note the material of the container...you can make bins metal or glass?? and sell those to elves.  you need to be careful not to sell them anything that contains certain kinds of glass.  the dwarf fortress wiki has some good info about how to not annoy the elves when trading!

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 01:51:07 pm »

a common mistake is also to press (o)ffer instead of (t)rade