Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Human caravan stuck in depot?  (Read 492 times)

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
Human caravan stuck in depot?
« on: March 19, 2012, 05:26:50 pm »

I got the announcment that they were leaving. The bridges are down. They should be leaving. They aren't. It's almoist time for the dwarven caravan to show up. Does this have to do with trading them so many crafts without said crafts being in bins? Would that slow them down? How do I get them out of here?
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

targetstar

• Bay Watcher
  • ahh, its raining goblin blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Human caravan stuck in depot?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 05:45:50 pm »

well they prob have alot of things, it means it can take them a long time to pack up, i remeber some guy had to wait one hole year for the human to leave, if your that desprite you can always make a 2nd trade depot
ahh, its raining goblin blood everwere

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 05:50:59 pm »

a small cheat is to go to (d) and use the mouse to designate a block to mine as fast as you can click. Time will not progress except for meetings with liaison and diplomats and traders loading/unloading their goods
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 05:52:30 pm »

The last few versions, I haven't seen a single caravan depart when the announcement comes. It's taken a bare minimum for even small caravans to get moving and close to 6 months for the largest.

I'd save your game then wait it out. If the caravan goes berzerk, reload your save game and deconstruct the depot. It will technically count as theft I believe but annoyed traders are between than bloodthirsty berzerking ones that will set off loyalty cascades.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti