Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: On the topic of husks  (Read 981 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
On the topic of husks
« on: March 19, 2012, 03:56:33 pm »

So, these are pretty new to me, and I cant really find a comprehensive list / explanation of their traits.

So I've got a few questions based on recent events in my fort. I've had an entire goblin ambush turned into husks. Can they still use their weapons with the same efficiency? Because a husk lasher is a horrifying thought.

Another question: Undead weasels. I've got undead weasels, and nothing can seem to kill it. Rather, my axedwarves just cant seem to decapitate or bisect it. Now don't get me wrong, they are gaining absurd levels in axedwarf, since they knocked out its teeth and chopped off every paw a long time ago. They're just standing around it and office-space-copier-ing it. 5 levels in axedwarf and counting. Still, I'd like it to die now.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 04:06:04 pm by dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: On the topoic of husks
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 04:06:56 pm »

I've only had experience in fighting undead rattlesnake men, and they didn't seem to die either, although I noticed in a post (can't remember link, its on development board on DF site) that toady one (correct me if im wrong) will eventually make them stay dead if you beat them down enough that they're practically walking goop, however, this is still comming from a guy who only read something from a message board asking about placing a counter for undead things staying down. THe only thing I can say is the number one way to solve any undead/zombie infestation: fire, and lots of it

Think i'm wrong? Place a dragon against 50 undead dwarves in testing arena, the moment the dragon spews its flame, the undead stop comming, how do I know they dont? I sent 100 armored dwarves against two dragons and the dwarves also had on their side 5 dwarven necromancers. Result: a field of smoke, two somewhat wounded but not fataly dragons and burnt dwarf... And melted/destroyed adamantine equipment
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: On the topic of husks
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 04:33:24 pm »

Well the undead dwarves ive dealt with died pretty hard, they just got chopped in half. But hey, if anyone ever wants legendary fighters in 5m or less, send em at a small husk creature like a weasel, took about that long for untrained axedwarves to hit expert + legendary fighter.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 04:53:23 pm »

For some reason that isn't well-understood, very small lifeless creatures seem very difficult to kill. They go down pretty easy when they still have limbs, but once they're just single body parts, they're virtually indestructible. It's probably because undead drop when they're hit by a sufficiently strong blow, like one that damages enough volume or something, and very small undead simply don't have enough volume to be struck enough to re-kill them.

The best way to kill such annoyances is probably to simply cage them and then atom-smash the cage.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 05:09:00 pm »

Yea he went into the volcano. Now abou the weapon question. Does a husk retain former military skills?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 05:23:40 pm »

Yea he went into the volcano. Now abou the weapon question. Does a husk retain former military skills?
If a husk is an undead corpse, then no, they ditch their equipment and go and murder the nearest thing that isnt allied with them (in my testing arena wars, this was an armored dragon or a bronze colossus with grand master fighter) and if its necromancers your worrying about with that, your gonna be worried about the severed limbs (I had one dragon die from 200 severed arms scratching at it, and i can see it like hands from hell dragging something underground)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 05:27:43 pm »

See now, the aforementioned gloom-spawned goblin horde kept their weapons in hand. Never got to see if theyuse them, or how effectively, because they wandered off the map.