Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: merchant stuck at maps edge  (Read 786 times)

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
merchant stuck at maps edge
« on: March 19, 2012, 03:17:00 pm »

this is probably more of a bug but I have trader who is stuck at the maps edge, he never starves and dies of thirst he just sits there and never leaves, I thought it had somthing to do with normal merchants but I think this last one arrived with a immigration wave.  as they wont move I am not sure what to do with them.
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: merchant stuck at maps edge
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 03:21:26 pm »

That happens to me a LOT. He seems to cancel migrants that would have come after him, too, which can be annoying.

I also have husk-spawning glooms on my map, so I get frequent influxes of zombie traders.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 03:38:33 pm »

There's been two dozen threads about these mysterious traders, but yeah; it's a bit of a bug. They arrive together with migrant waves but they act as a stopper for the rest of the wave. They don't harm you though and actually make okay outposts as long as you don't mind if the Goblins kill you. IIrc however, they tend to leave with caravans, Dwarf caravans.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 04:43:45 pm »

build glass walls around them and a roof... and they'll be a longterm outpost for you.