Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: LCS LP! (Anarchy Unlimited V2)  (Read 7791 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: LCS LP! (Anarchy Unlimited V2)
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2012, 06:00:26 pm »

Enjoying your LP so far, looking forward to more posts.

Glad you're enjoying it! =)

Took a break today but in a few minutes I'm going to get on with this LP and see if anything fun might happen ;)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2012, 01:24:03 am »

Spoiler: Turn 05a: Chaos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bloody Mayhem (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Turn 05b: Misfortune (click to show/hide)

"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 01:27:34 am »

From now on, as you can see, I'll be roleplaying this in-character with more seriousness. I find it more entertaining to be immersed within the storyline rather than be all casual about it.

Enjoy! =) If anyone has suggestions or comments, please don't be afraid to share!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 01:38:25 am »

"Shit."

Micro-update! Teach has been caught with Speedy's body, intercepted by two Deathsquad Officers! After trying to flee, she is thrown to the ground and shot in the head. So ends the life of another Liberal Revolutionist, destroyed by the oppressive regime of Conservatism!

Out of curiosity, do they always catch you and kill you on the first turn of fleeing, or was she just slow and unlucky?

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 02:04:01 am »

Spoiler: B&E (click to show/hide)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 02:33:42 am »

Whoa. o_O

Turn 07 coming in a bit. Going to play til May 1st solo, been robbing apartments and got some GREAT loot. An m16, MP5, trenchcoat, coats, and more. By the time the boys are healed, I hope to raise an army.

You guys are going to love the new recruit. :P

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2012, 03:13:03 am »

Oh my, very nice writing! :D I love LCS, like you I always find myself really getting into the heads of my little freedom fighters as they go about their lives, imagining their living places, their battles, their conversations...

Anyhow! If possible, may I be human'd as a male crackhead/vagrant called Uke? I think I shall be following this.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2012, 03:20:17 am »

Indeed. :)

I'm currently posting turn 07. I'm trying hard to recruit adults who can be dwarfed as you lot, but I'm having a hell of a time finding any liberals. :|

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2012, 03:29:58 am »

Out of curiosity, do they always catch you and kill you on the first turn of fleeing, or was she just slow and unlucky?

Just slow and unlucky. They'll kill you as soon as they can catch you, but they aren't guaranteed to catch you.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2012, 03:32:00 am »

Just slow and unlucky. They'll kill you as soon as they can catch you, but they aren't guaranteed to catch you.

Ah, thanks for the response! I hope you're enjoying the LP. =) My writing style seems to be deviating from poetic to blunt depending on my mood at the time. Nonetheless, I hope I am honoring LCS as best as I can!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2012, 04:25:49 am »

Sorry for the wait, I needed to take care of something in a Sexual Abuse Survivors group I help council.

Update complete, and with surprisingly pleasant outcome! =)

Spoiler: Turn 07: Urban Chaos (click to show/hide)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2012, 02:56:53 am »

Ah, thanks for the response! I hope you're enjoying the LP. =) My writing style seems to be deviating from poetic to blunt depending on my mood at the time. Nonetheless, I hope I am honoring LCS as best as I can!

Don't be too self-conscious about your writing style; just have fun and it'll come through in your writing. The most important thing in any kind of art is that you have fun doing it. As for honoring the game, I'm already tickled that you'd make a let's play covering a game I've worked on. I'm flattered silly when people do this and I think the standards for me to feel like the game are honored are much lower than the standards to entertain other readers. You could stop now and I'd be happy. Though of course I'd rather see more. ;)

As such, the polls and newspapers showed a MASSIVE surge of interest in labor, pollution and tax laws, bordering on Elite Liberalism! Most people still had their eyes closed to police brutality and civil rights, but its a start!

I can illuminate some of the mechanics though -- this end-of-month screen is unique to Deon's mod because it's normally only used for debugging, and is removed in mainline releases because I don't think its function is clear enough yet. It shows you the general direction of change in opinion over the last month, but won't show you in absolute terms what people think of the issue -- an issue marked as extremely conservative may actually still be very liberal, it just means that people are getting more conservative over time on that issue. So it's still worthwhile to check the polls manually to get a read on how things are doing.

One thing this screen is showing is that while you're making strong progress on the labor, pollution, and tax laws (with your case on taxes that month boosted by the news story about Reagan), the ambient mood is growing more conservative with time on most issues you aren't actively engaged with. That's because AM Radio and Cable News are fountains of evil propaganda that sway the general populace. They will slowly undo your work as you move from issue to issue if you don't do something to discredit them directly.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2012, 03:13:03 am »

Ahhh, understood!

I've had some generally terrible luck this playthrough, heh, and its proven to be quite entertaining.

Out of sheer curiosity, would you like to be Dwarfed as any sort of character? It'd be interesting to see how your character fares. ;)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2012, 04:50:22 pm »

Out of sheer curiosity, would you like to be Dwarfed as any sort of character? It'd be interesting to see how your character fares. ;)

Sure; any character is fine.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2012, 10:54:33 pm »

This looks pretty cool.

If possible, I'd like to be dwarf'd as a blackbelt with an axe.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4