Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXII - E3 - Game Over - Scum Victory  (Read 81882 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXII - D2 - Looks Like The Cop ... Just Croaked [7/9]
« Reply #225 on: April 04, 2012, 01:07:43 pm »

Man, that came out better than I though.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 04, 2012, 01:36:19 pm »

I'm still here. Life has been hell, I'll post later today.

Extend
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 04, 2012, 01:54:25 pm »

Strategia:
Magma:
I'm here, and I still vote Dariush. Extend.
Who's your second scumpick?
My favourite scumtell is people not being constructively active when they could be. Dariush is not constructively active at all, but he's clearly in this thread frequently.
Currently, my second scumpick is Scelly. He's posting in the forum games forum for about 10 hours non-stop every day. Last BM, he had a completely different attitude that even made him get NK'd on N1 (I know that reading the NK is WIFOM, but I don't think that he would have even been considered as NK if he'd shown his current behaviour in the last BM). His behaviour clearly doesn't match up, and it has no reason not to, since he obviously has lots of time on his hands.

Zomara:
zomara: Don't forget a vote's use as pressure and statement of intent. Why is it you don't want to vote a suspect until you're sure? When do you think you'll be ready?

I present, to your eye of suspicion, this one and only fact that might keep me from getting lynched my first day. I am new at this, and have been familiar with this type of forum gaming for less than a week. If you were throwing yourself into a situation, would you not wait and watch and see were to turn, first, before casting yourself to the ever undecided waves of change?
You can change your vote anytime you want. So it does not hurt at all to just vote somebody for pressure, and vote somebody else later because he's more suspicious. RVS is all about this, and even though you can't just choose your vote randomly at this stage, you can at least indicate who you currently find suspicious, and you can do it with a vote to apply pressure. Just like IronyOwl said.
IronyOwl's an IC, you can trust him in this situation. Now vote somebody.

Man, that came out better than I though.
Why is your own image so important to you? You're not voting because you think it could look bad on you if you do (even though you should vote). You're explaining your actions with newbieness, yet you do nothing to correct your actions, instead you're congratulating yourself on your relatively well-written posts (that show that you are a newb). Do you remember this:
I would care to withhold my vote to the very end. As a new guy, I don't want to make my first choice a bad one.
That was your first choice, and it was a bad one.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 04, 2012, 02:04:24 pm »

I would care to withhold my vote to the very end. As a new guy, I don't want to make my first choice a bad one.
Hmmm. . . . . . . Point, well, taken. Give me a moment to go through this and I will vote. . . . . . someone.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 04, 2012, 02:14:52 pm »

I thought you said you were going to continue scumhunting, though. In light of not scumhunting, doesn't this post:
Spoiler: Post (click to show/hide)
seem a bit like trying to let everyone know you'll be activelurking but that's okay and they should ignore that?

I had uni yesterday and slept all day today. Between that post and my previous one, there were a grand total of six player posts. Busy RL and low activity = not a whole lot to react to. I'm also still doing the re-read. I'm starting to develop some further suspicions, but nothing concrete yet. Once it's done, I'll fire off more questions and/or accusations.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 04, 2012, 02:26:41 pm »

Dariush. But only because, all I have read points him out to be a major dick. I don't really have much more concrete reason than that. It all follows Dr.P's train of thought.

Phibes:
You don't mind if I call you that, do you?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 04, 2012, 02:34:05 pm »

zomara:
I present, to your eye of suspicion, this one and only fact that might keep me from getting lynched my first day.
So, you've got one thing, which will probably fit neatly within a few sentences, and one thing only that might prevent you from being immediately lynched, which you'd like to express now in a desperate attempt to not get lynched.

This seems awfully desperate and scummy for someone with only one vote. If you were leading in votes, or I had some serious fuckup on you, or if I had even given you some serious reason to think I was dead-set on lynching you regardless, I could maybe see jumping to "Er, before you lynch me, consider the following:"

As it stands, though, it seems a lot like you're expecting to get lynched for some reason, which reads a lot like the usual "I'm scum, therefore IO's found me out, therefore play Noob Card to Not Die." Otherwise I don't see why you'd be so jumpy, or explain your noobishness in such a... well, I don't know, but something about it seems off. Prepared, almost? It's a fairly formal, elaborate explanation for what basically amounts to "Oh that, I'm a noob so please don't kill me."

Also, if nothing else I believe this adequately displays the power a vote can have. At least, I hope you wouldn't have responded that way to just the questions; I'd have probably called for your lynch immediately for something like that.

I am new at this, and have been familiar with this type of forum gaming for less than a week. If you were throwing yourself into a situation, would you not wait and watch and see were to turn, first, before casting yourself to the ever undecided waves of change?
As McFry has mentioned, we're over the drop site so get out of the plane. Yeah, maybe you'll land on a tree. That'll teach you to land on trees less next time, which is more than you're going to learn peering cautiously at said trees.

More specifically, playing all passively isn't going to help you learn unless you intend to learn to play passively, which is a bad idea. It's a lot more instructive to jump out, do stuff, and then hopefully be informed of where you were wrong than tiptoe out and hope the next step keeps revealing itself.

Dariush. But only because, all I have read points him out to be a major dick. I don't really have much more concrete reason than that. It all follows Dr.P's train of thought.

Phibes:
You don't mind if I call you that, do you?
Nobadwrong. Are you trying to hunt scum or hunt dicks? Because if your only case on Dariush is "He's a dick," you're not hunting scum, you're hunting dicks.

Also, copying Dr.P's train of thought is generally a bad thing, because it implies you're just pointing at someone else's case and saying "Yeah, that." Which in turn implies that you don't care about hunting scum and are being lazy scum yourself. At the very least, you should really explain Dr.P's train of thought in more detail, so we know that it's either something you came up with on your own that happens to be the same, or something you think makes a lot of sense for the following reasons.

Finally, you should be actively hunting, not just voting. I know you've got a question out to Dariush or somesuch, but you still don't look like you're getting a good read on the situation or anyone in it. Don't you have questions? Don't you have people you want to know more about?

McFry:
Strategia:
My favourite scumtell is people not being constructively active when they could be. Dariush is not constructively active at all, but he's clearly in this thread frequently.
Currently, my second scumpick is Scelly. He's posting in the forum games forum for about 10 hours non-stop every day. Last BM, he had a completely different attitude that even made him get NK'd on N1 (I know that reading the NK is WIFOM, but I don't think that he would have even been considered as NK if he'd shown his current behaviour in the last BM). His behaviour clearly doesn't match up, and it has no reason not to, since he obviously has lots of time on his hands.
I tend to be wary of meta/activity tells like this, but I still like where you're going with it. I know you've been questioning Dariush a bunch, but haven't noticed what's come of it; has anything? I'm less certain I've seen you questioning Scelly, so I'm curious what your read on him other than lurking is.

Also I am not Strategia. Why'd you say I was Strategia?

You can change your vote anytime you want. So it does not hurt at all to just vote somebody for pressure, and vote somebody else later because he's more suspicious. RVS is all about this, and even though you can't just choose your vote randomly at this stage, you can at least indicate who you currently find suspicious, and you can do it with a vote to apply pressure. Just like IronyOwl said.
Why is your own image so important to you? You're not voting because you think it could look bad on you if you do (even though you should vote). You're explaining your actions with newbieness, yet you do nothing to correct your actions, instead you're congratulating yourself on your relatively well-written posts (that show that you are a newb).
Do you remember this:
I'm becoming less and less convinced you needed another BM. I'm not even sure I would suspect Darvi of feeding you these.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 04, 2012, 03:24:06 pm »

McFry:
Strategia:
I tend to be wary of meta/activity tells like this, but I still like where you're going with it. I know you've been questioning Dariush a bunch, but haven't noticed what's come of it; has anything? I'm less certain I've seen you questioning Scelly, so I'm curious what your read on him other than lurking is.
Questioning Dariush has repeatedly led to unsatisfying and poorly-reasoned answers (if any), even when good reasons were expected.
My current read on Scelly is only lurking, but that's more than I have against anyone else (with the obvious exception of Dariush).

Also I am not Strategia. Why'd you say I was Strategia?
I'm very sorry, I tend to mess up names and birthdays. Please continue considering yourself addressed, IronyOwl.

Why is your own image so important to you? You're not voting because you think it could look bad on you if you do (even though you should vote). You're explaining your actions with newbieness, yet you do nothing to correct your actions, instead you're congratulating yourself on your relatively well-written posts (that show that you are a newb).
Do you remember this:
I'm becoming less and less convinced you needed another BM.
Thank you very much.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 04, 2012, 08:25:41 pm »

Currently, my second scumpick is Scelly. He's posting in the forum games forum for about 10 hours non-stop every day. Last BM, he had a completely different attitude that even made him get NK'd on N1 (I know that reading the NK is WIFOM, but I don't think that he would have even been considered as NK if he'd shown his current behavior in the last BM). His behavior clearly doesn't match up, and it has no reason not to, since he obviously has lots of time on his hands.
Yeah, sorry about that. The reason that I post a lot in other games but not a lot in this one is because most of my posts in other games are one-liner things that I don't really have to think about. Mafia is a game that requires a lot more thinking than others. As for the difference in styles from last game to this one, I'm having a hard time concentrating on this game for some reason. It may have something to do with the fact that I'm doing Script Frenzy and that is leeching my will to write.

Zomara, is there any reason you have for voting Dariush other than "He's an asshole"? Also, why do you see the need to congratulate yourself?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 04, 2012, 10:09:21 pm »

Day extended to Friday.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 05, 2012, 06:13:21 am »

DICKHUNTING

Zomara, you read my post and took it exactly the wrong way. I didn't say you should vote anyone at all for the sake of voting. However bad not voting is, it is still better than voting people purely because they took their glorious stand across the putrid walls of fucking inpenetrable assfucking imbecility embodied in the shitfaces of McScum, Dr.Scummes and Scummiac and much better than voting someone for a stupid reason in a one-line post, not asking them (or anybody else for that matter) any questions and immediatly disappearing.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 05, 2012, 09:35:36 am »

Hmm. . . . It does look like I have made some major mistakes, haven't I?

Zomara, is there any reason you have for voting Dariush other than "He's an asshole"? Also, why do you see the need to congratulate yourself?

No, no I don't have much reasoning aside from that. I also don't h ave much more of a reason to suspect anyone of you other than the meta fact that this game is still running. But now I am left with an even bigger issue. I don't think I can retract my vote.

Also, to answer your second question, I have always viewed the need for words to accurately describe the point I am to bring across as important. I felt that that post did what I wanted it to do. Of course, the end results proved otherwise. Can't say much more than that.

DICKHUNTING

Zomara, you read my post and took it exactly the wrong way. I didn't say you should vote anyone at all for the sake of voting. However bad not voting is, it is still better than voting people purely because they took their glorious stand across the putrid walls of fucking inpenetrable assfucking imbecility embodied in the shitfaces of McScum, Dr.Scummes and Scummiac and much better than voting someone for a stupid reason in a one-line post, not asking them (or anybody else for that matter) any questions and immediatly disappearing.

I am feeling mixed signals now.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 05, 2012, 11:30:42 am »

Scelly9:

You're piling excuses upon excuses:
Ok, first off I am extremely sorry about disappearing. I sort of forgot about my FIRST robotics competition and found myself being dragged across half the state with no internet access. I'm gonna go back and start reading. Unfortunately I have a lot to catch up on.
I'm gonna finish the rest tomorrow. I'm exhausted.
I'm still here. Life has been hell, I'll post later today.
I'm having a hard time concentrating on this game for some reason. It may have something to do with the fact that I'm doing Script Frenzy and that is leeching my will to write.
Look at that. You say you have RL issues that prevent you from participating. And you do not tire of saying so. You knew that Script Frenzy was coming up. And although you probably didn't expect that much of a toll on your activity, you now have this toll. Script Frenzy will go on for a whole damn month, and you can't expect your situation to clear up before it's over. Until then, you won't be able to participate.

Now my point is that even in the face of this overwhelming amount of absentness, you do not ask for a replacement. Are you really as absent as you claim to be? Because if so, you should have asked for a replacement long ago already:
Scelly, I have three questions for you.
1.) Where the hell are you? Why aren't you, well, doing anything in here? If it's because of RL issues that prevent you from participating, could you at least say so and ask for a replacement? [...]
1.) Attack of the RL. I've been really busy lately.
There. Strategia is asking you to switch out, should you be too busy. You are saying that you're too busy, yet you don't switch out. This and your further behaviour tells me that you're expecting us to let you stay in town even though you won't do anything. Something is very, very wrong here, Scelly.

Zomara:

But now I am left with an even bigger issue. I don't think I can retract my vote.
Why do you think that? What do you expect to happen if you change your vote? How is it bad for you? Why is that an issue that you need to tell us about?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 05, 2012, 11:39:47 am »

But now I am left with an even bigger issue. I don't think I can retract my vote.
Why do you think that? What do you expect to happen if you change your vote? How is it bad for you? Why is that an issue that you need to tell us about?
[/quote]

It was a decision made hastily. A bad one, at that, according to you guys. And I don't expect changing my vote will change much more that who is at risk of being removed. Its bad in my opinion because it shows a lack of foresight and careful thought. I tell you all because its the only way I can think of relevantly continuing the conversation so I can do some active scumhunting of my own.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 05, 2012, 12:06:26 pm »

Replacement Please
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26