Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXII - E3 - Game Over - Scum Victory  (Read 81890 times)

Dr.Phibes

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile

Tiruin,
its not that he said that he was not scum. I thought it was wierd for him to mark out that its BM and thats why he said "i am town" Just thought it to be odd.
Think i wrote pretty badly, i dident think it was bad of him saying he was not a scum, but that he adressed that its a BM.

Strategia, i thought it to be odd for a scum to be like you. It was more on guts than on facts.
If one person has an imaginary friend, they're crazy, if many people have the same imaginary friend it's religion?

Dr.Phibes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Off topic
Tatruin, thanks! Need to improve my writing skills. Since i am not from a english speaking country.
If one person has an imaginary friend, they're crazy, if many people have the same imaginary friend it's religion?

Dr.Phibes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tiruin, silly me

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile

Dr.Phibes:

Dr.Phibes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah i get it. I do actully use the preview, yet it still looks horrible.

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Woah, Dariush, you are flipping the fuck out so hard, because of weak accusation. You had stated that yourself, and I can agree. I was just making shitty arguments after all, to see your reaction.

Spoiler: To Dariush (click to show/hide)

Also, based on your recent posts, you seem very fast to give impressions on others, saying who is more townie than the rest, despite it being an opinion.
It was answer to MagmaMcFry question: my first, fresh impression on game. It's not egraved in stone, and it can (and probably will) change soon. I wouldn't post my scumpics so early without McFry question, it's just unproductive.

As of this post, you seem very aggravated on a simple vote on you by Dariush. It is RVS and I believe your questioning is going awry from reasoning.
I was voted by Scelly, not Dariush. Precisely, it was LACK of Dariush vote (or FoS), while he was calling me scummy which suprised me.

Also, tunnel on Dariush based on his ONLY post before that. Sure.
I admit, I have problems with these. I had already learned one thing, though - when you see debate changing into pissing contest, it's probably two very aggresive townies.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Time to lay down the post! Unvote

McFry:
Wow. I was going to believe you're evidence there in that long spoiler list. Attacking every crucial detail on why Dariush is super Scum with an S. Not saying I'm defending him here but your understanding is damned. Do you bother reading your accuser's posts other than waiving them off like fluff? Well, we had all the time in the last two days to check if what is going on is true or not. It revolves around his not answering your question. Could you re-quote it please, for everyone to verify?
Oh, P.S. McFry, if you're scumhunting Dariush like you said here then I'd truly wish you well. Other than being a hypocrite, that is. And not even spreading out the need for information once you "are sure" of who is scum. Or perchance, to read more on your pursuant?

Also, verging on non-mafia details is not good. Perfect for you to go on your lead though. Wacky Death Race is the best proof you can give to show Dariush is scum. Especially on the effort made in that off-topic post, it reflects, you know?

Scelly9 and drakon136: Get out here, both of you. Nothing to add to our delectable conversation now that nobody is questioning you? The sunlight is growing darker, where are your weapons? Lurking is not an option.

Alright, making it simple now, what do you make of the current squabble, hm?

IronyOwl: You're busy, I can tell. Where were you for most of the Day? You have a ton of questions to answer.

Painiac
Spoiler: Painiac (click to show/hide)
Painiac:
I fear basically everybody. I don't know your playstyle, your scumtells can and probably will be heavily mixed with noobtells, and that's just WIFOM on the rabies. I do not want to jump into that shit willingly. I am gonna watch for a while, while going for much more reliable to read IC's. IC, if he is scum, will be pretty dangerous to town with his experience. If he's looking town, I will be more calm about approaching other players, because I have backup in town IC.

I had pointed my question at Dariush precisely because he's Dariush - he can be flippy-flappy about questions like that when he's scum.
About your response to my question. It's like you've already confirmed what Dariush said (based on his only post beforehand. Using weak Meta on his gaming and tunneling too.

Could you explain on how Dariush is flipping the [PROFANITY] so hard? And you do admit, making nonsensical arguments was your plan to catch scum all along?

P.S. Good work with that WIFOM in that spoiler. You labelled it "To Dariush" too. Amazing. Then blatantly chainsaw Dr.Phibes with Dariush's own quote. Hmm.

I admit, I have problems with these. I had already learned one thing, though - when you see debate changing into pissing contest, it's probably two very aggresive townies.
So who are the two aggressive pissers than?

Dr.Phibes
I'll ask you something simple. Could you read my last post and could you answer Dariush's, Strategia's and my question?
Dr.Scummes:
Dariush, if we say you were a scum, who would be your first target and why?
Instead of me answering your question, let's examine two possibilities: 1) I answer, the guy I named dies. Next day you accuse me. 2) I answer, someone else dies. You say that I did that intentionally so you won't accuse me and accuse me because of it. This is utter bullshit WIFOM.

Dr.Phibes, what were you hoping to gain from my answer to the above question? And don't you dare answer something along the lines of 'your reaction'. Just don't you dare.
Before you think of doing it, thanks for pointing this out.
Tiruin,
its not that he said that he was not scum. I thought it was wierd for him to mark out that its BM and thats why he said "i am town" Just thought it to be odd.
Think i wrote pretty badly, i dident think it was bad of him saying he was not a scum, but that he adressed that its a BM.

Strategia, i thought it to be odd for a scum to be like you. It was more on guts than on facts.
Why do you think this odd, give reasons after explanations. Try to at least complete your words, I tire of seeing mangled English  :-\, enough to make Strategia photoshop and point it out.

Also, why are you scum by the way?

Dariush: How goes the IC'ing? (Heh, Icing) On that note: who, now, do you think is the most scummy of the bunch?

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now, I'm not defending Dariush here, but I see you went all jumpy
If you had read my previous mafias, as you had suggested, you should know better I am FAR from being jumpy. And that phrasing is very funny, ,,I kinda not chainsawing you now, but i am chainsawing you". If you fear about your image so much, just lurk, scum.

Here it seems you are content with your vote and are just giving away free, no-pressure questions to everyone else. "I'm not accusing you of lurking or anything though, it would be stupid." Nice work. Do you actually mean your questions and then back it's essence up with cushioning? How satisfied are you with your finds there, good chap? How can you be so damned sure that you've found scum without pushing him more?
Well, yeah, he was playing some Roll To Dodge or something, so he could answer. But, posting one (good) post daily is enough for me. I am not satisfied, I can't tell who is definite scum yet, or who is definite townie. That's said, your last question is just stupid. I hadn't called anybody besides Dariush a scum, and I am pushing him, precisely because I am NOT sure about him.

Your WIFOM about my post stinks of scum so much. You had interpreted my post in some sick sense for you, and your questions are just implying things HARD, SCUM.

Could you explain on how Dariush is flipping the [PROFANITY] so hard?
the first post by some cretin

I'll attempt to lower myself to your immeasurable depths of stupidity and explain it bit by bit.

You pulled that OMGUS accusation out of your ass

I vote whenever the fuck I want to

you sack of shit.

You shitfucking sack of vomit.

Let's try that on you, you piece of shit.
OH GOD THE HYPOCRISY IT BURNSSSSSSS

Maybe it's your brain that stinks from inside instead?

You can go fuck yourself now.

check them first, you fucksucker.
You read his post, and couldn't say how much Dariush tone changed?

And you do admit, making nonsensical arguments was your plan to catch scum all along?
If that works, then why not. It's not like I could think up any serious, logical argument from ONE post.

Then blatantly chainsaw Dr.Phibes with Dariush's own quote. Hmm.
I was irritiated when Dariush pulled out THE SAME SHIT as me, when he was screaming before that I am hipocryte, and my question is useless.

And you should know that chainsawing requires TWO scums. Are you willingly trying to tie me and Dr.Phibes? You have to be goddamn sure, if you want to pull out such argument. Oh, when you ARE scum, you know who is who...

It would be me (obviously) and Dariush. But I'm not sure about Dariush yet.

How goes the IC'ing? (Heh, Icing)
Aren't you too relaxed here scum?

Tiruin, FoS Dariush.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, Painiac, I'm sorry if I'm not well versed in your meta. You started out on me relying on my knowing how you play then attacking me because of it. Very jumpy voting there.
If you had read my previous mafias, as you had suggested, you should know better I am FAR from being jumpy.
And now implying such? Prove your case right here and right now. Past Mafias do not speak for you here. Starting your case, it is weak. Accusing me of lurking, WIFOM and ignoring what the meaning of my post is blatantly obvious. Overly aggressive too.

Obviously, I did read Dariush's post. His tone is the same as every damn BM he's played in. The bad-mouthing IC. Coming from the start, you exploded with horrendous grammar and quick typed RAEG back at him just because of, well, him trying to help you as an IC. From where I see it, you do have trouble in specifying what exactly you want to say.

Then:
Then blatantly chainsaw Dr.Phibes with Dariush's own quote. Hmm.
I was irritiated when Dariush pulled out THE SAME SHIT as me, when he was screaming before that I am hipocryte, and my question is useless.

And you should know that chainsawing requires TWO scums. Are you willingly trying to tie me and Dr.Phibes? You have to be goddamn sure, if you want to pull out such argument. Oh, when you ARE scum, you know who is who...
A scumtell is a pointer, a lead. So you're trying to tout your townieness by saying this single statement right here that you are town? From where I've seen it, you aren't showing viable proof that you are actually town. Noise and rage there, my friend. What cause is there to be angry by what he says, even if it is completely useless according to your eye if you're innocent?

So let me answer your verbose quips with my own, show me true scumhunting and not posts filled with blind aggression and wrong reasoning. "Not sure about Dariush yet." Huh, perfect wording there, considering all you've said about him. This includes wrongly accusing him of OMGUS'ing, as stated in my post above.

On a note of that, complete attitude shift right there. Capitalizing off words to shout it out. against me

Actually answer me and everyone else this first, who are your top scumpicks and exactly why? I want to see them backed up by hard evidence here, not implied reasoning.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EBWOP: Gah, mistake in formatting.

What I meant on the chainsaw on Dr.Phibes was that you (Painiac) is trying to stop Dr.Phibes from answering by shoving off
Dr.Phibes, why are you SCUMMMMMMM?
Oooh, hypocrisy.

Then saying

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right then, since everyone else seems to be doing it I've decided to make a protracted accusation as well. On Day 1 no less, quite unusual from what I've seen, especially for BMs.

First off, Unvote. And now to pick apart Painiac's posts.

Dariush, why are you SCUMMMMMM?
Why a useless question, Painiac?
Bah, it's not useless. I can check reaction with this question, so it's not useless.

Actually, Scelly is right. Let's examine two possible answers, shall we?
1.) "Why are you SCUMMM?" "I'm not." This is basically what any normal player would answer. Congratulations, you have learned nothing. Oh, and Dariush outright said this as well.
2.) "Why are you SCUMMM?" "That's a stupid question." Also basically what any normal player could answer, especially an IC, given that they're supposed to teach you how to scumhunt properly. Dariush, being Dariush, simply added profanity.

Furthermore, attacking an IC right out of the gate does not give off a very good signal. In general, what I've noticed is that ICs tend not to be as active as other players in BMs; hence, I assume, why IronyOwl is the least active player here. As ICs go, Dariush is one of the more active ones though, and also very visible and experienced. It would make perfect sense for scum to want to deny town this resource. (And the odds of the same IC being scum two games in a row is microscopic. Dariush was scum in BM XXXI.)

Second, useless questions like that are EXTREMELY heavily discouraged around here. When asking any question, think: How does it help you find scum? What are you going to do depending on the answer?
You are already twisting my post into roleplaying, and dismissing my question as useless. Something like very passive OMGUS... OH WAIT, I GOT REACTION HERE! Therefore, not useless.

I admit it's weak question, weak prod. But, if I would find it not useful, I can always ask second question.

So, Dariush. What you have to say about your weak OMGUS? Why you hadn't vote anybody yet (me, for example)?

IC'ing != OMGUSing. An OMGUS is an outright attack (i.e. a vote, or at the very least an FoS) on someone for basically no other reason than that they attacked you. Even then, an OMGUS is one of the more questionable scumtells. Dariush' job, being an IC, is to point out what you're doing wrong when scumhunting, which is what he's doing right here. This is in no way, shape or form an OMGUS; again, it's you attacking an IC for..... basically no reason at all.

I am gonna watch for a while, while going for much more reliable to read IC's. IC, if he is scum, will be pretty dangerous to town with his experience. If he's looking town, I will be more calm about approaching other players, because I have backup in town IC.

Quote from: Some helpful spiel from Jim Groovester, a previous BM IC
I will be a completely impartial source of advice that I will freely give at every opportunity, whether I am asked for it or I decide to give it on my own. You can trust that everything I have to say will be given in good faith, even if it comes at a personal cost to me in this game.

This goes for every IC, Dariush included. For an IC, their wincon comes secondary to their teaching role.

I had pointed my question at Dariush precisely because he's Dariush - he can be flippy-flappy about questions like that when he's scum.

Funny, what I've seen of Dariush completely lines up with his behaviour (and language) in this game.

Dariush and IronyOwl, which of this game's players have you played with/against before this game, and how do they play as town and scum? How do you play?
I played with everyone except Painiac and Dr.Phibes. Everyone is a decent player. Except you. You are a self-obsessed moron. Now, what was the purpose of your questions?
blah blah I am lazy give me info about others so I can hunt

NO, MAN, you should do your homework yourself. That's the mafia we are talking about, you should have your own hunches, and eventually confirm these with others. Don't be lazy passive dick, that's very anti-town. Also, FoS MagmaMcFry. Show me real scumhunting instead nagging Dariush like beggar for info. That's not purpose of IC's.

In addition to not being a lazy passive dick, don't be a lazy aggressive dick either. (Trust me, I know this first-hand. I got myself lynched that way in BM XXX.) I also like how you're now arguing in Dariush' favour, and especially the bit about "that's not the purpose of ICs". This exchange seems strange and weak to me, almost like you're desperately trying to appear to argue with Magma, but really aren't.

Since this is a BM, I'll answer: I'm not scum. But in any other game you'll be quickly given shit to eat for such a question (like is being done by Scelly, but on a higher scale).
How can we know your not a mafia? Just beacuse its a BM doesent mean you cant lie. I am watching you Dariush.
Is that really your reason for suspecting Dariush? It's WIFOM, null tell, no info there.

Oh..... wow. Phibes' reason for suspecting Dariush is nulltell WIFOM, based on your own question? Wait, what was that sound I heard? Oh, right, that's your credibility flying out the window and making a rather ugly splat on the pavement.

the information given by the ICs can't be used for scumtells
You are stating it yourself, duh. You are stepping on thin ice of meta scumtells. Using information from other games isn't that bad, but VERY risky. You need to play with such person constantly, see several games where such person is scum or third party. WHILE such person stopped making easy mistakes due to being inexperienced. And you need time to digest your info. It's basically not worth the effort if player sucks at playing mafia. Not mentioning that these scumtells are subjective, and may mean nothing to anyone other. It's not solid argument. You shouldn't use these as your only excuse to lynch someone, that's just plain stupid.

"You are stepping on the thin ice of meta scumtells" indeed. Oh dear, looks like your credibility is going down the storm drain after its big splat. Also, more meaningless exchange with McFry. Have I perchance stumbled upon your scumbuddy?

And there you are, begging for nicely packed info, so you can START thinking. Your attitude as town is horrible. If you WANT to have some scumtells from BM's - read these yourself, do your own homework!

The best solution - do some real SCUMHUNTING!

Exactly what I'd recommend you do yourself. You've been doing three things so far; going after Dariush for essentially no reason, having a wishy-washy back-and-forth with Magma, and asking lazy, meaningless questions of random people without following up on them. Oh, and a fourth thing; undercutting your own credibility.

I just want to say that your reason for suspecting Dariush is argument, which means nothing. Because, if he's town, he would say ,,I am not scum", if he's scum, he would also say ,,I am not scum". Don't WIFOM yourself. If you see something, that you can't be certain of, just leave it be.

Your argument is so weak it looks like you are just splashing some mud on Dariush, just for having poor excuse for possible bandwagon in future or something like that.

Oh dear oh dear. Pot, kettle, black, you know the drill.

Dr.Phibes, you're kinda passive. Only answering questions, and asked questions to targets I had choose before. You can't do some research on your own? What are you thinking about other players, any impressions?

drakon136, I can understand you have school/RL, but could you try asking some questions later, instead of only aswering them?

Tiruin, what role would you enjoy more - scum, or townie?

And here's the lazy questions I mentioned two quotes ago. RVS questions at this stage? Really?

Oooooh. Here I was being all cute and fluffy, hoping for several similarly cute and fluffy, wide-eyed and agreeable newbies, and instead I find a bunch of self-important tight-assed goatfuckers. Well then, let's play rough.
Well, I can understand why scum would want naive town for enemy.

Do they speak sarcasm in What? Also, if you're such an expert on Dariush' meta ("flippy-flappy on such questions when scum"), how come you're so incredibly surprised by Dariush hurling insults around like it's a competition?

'Judging reactions' never works, except maybe against newbies who'll panic regardless of aligment. You pulled that OMGUS accusation out of your ass because I didn't even attack you, let alone vote you. I vote whenever the fuck I want to, and taunting people 'why aren't you voting me' is yet another scumtell. What is that, fourth? Let's go over that again - roleplaying, useless question, bullshit claim about judging reactions, lying about OMGUS, taunting. Sorry, make that fifth. Nice going for just two posts, you sack of shit.
Because, you know, if you suspect someone, and according to you I am spitting scumbuckets, you KINDA FoS them, if not voting. You are probably not doing anything with such ,,scum" as me, to avoid clean, nice OMGUS, which could be used against you.

There's no such thing as a "nice, clean OMGUS". An OMGUS is a vague tell at best.

Or you are aware that voting me at the start of game could stupidified town, and I would be lynched in no time because of IC suggestion. Hard to tell. And no, I am not roleplaying, just offtoping. It wasn't useless question, because I had got BIG reaction. Judging reactions is differently stated previous argument, so also no. (Congratulations for duplicating the same argument.) I hadn't stated it was OMGUS, just some sort of passive version. I didn't taunted you. Check, check, check, check, check, no argument left.

Apart from the fact that I have no idea what you're saying in your first sentence, you outright stated Dariush was OMGUSing you a couple of quotes back. Vagueness, pointless aggression, and either backtracking or outright lying. Check, check, check, no argument left.

Dariush reply to my post and yours stinks of scum. Needs more looking.
I stink of scum after a whopping one post, most of which was IC stuff. Nice nose you have there. Maybe it's your brain that stinks from inside instead?
,,Needs more looking" implies that I wasn't sure what I should think about you; townies may drop one or another scummy post while going for their target, it's just natural.

Well, let's see. You opened up by attacking Dariush. You pursued the attack with nothing to go on. You never seriously went after anyone else, focusing entirely on the one active IC. Doesn't look like you weren't sure what to think to me. Townies may drop the occasional scumtell, but you're just dripping scumminess in every post.

What a nice, transparent way of covering your ass.

Now, I'm not defending Dariush here, but I see you went all jumpy
If you had read my previous mafias, as you had suggested, you should know better I am FAR from being jumpy. And that phrasing is very funny, ,,I kinda not chainsawing you now, but i am chainsawing you". If you fear about your image so much, just lurk, scum.

> in beginner's mafia
> implies to have meta
> is actually jumpy

And you do admit, making nonsensical arguments was your plan to catch scum all along?
If that works, then why not. It's not like I could think up any serious, logical argument from ONE post.

Wow. Just..... wow.

Painiac, I would like nothing better than to see scum like you hang. And even if you flip town, well, you're obstructive to actual scumhunting and hurting the town because of it so I still won't be sad to see you go. Bye bye now.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Forgot to add this in my previous post.) Am I chainsawing Dariush? Maybe. But I'm doing it not for Dariush' sake, but because I just want to get rid of Painiac. He comes across as scummier than a duck pond to me, and even if he isn't, like I said, he's obstructive and a distraction, and is hurting the town because of it. Lynching townies is not automatically and unequivocally a bad thing; I wanted to get rid of Phibes because I couldn't get a read off him and he was being very passive, which made him obstructive as well. Re-reading the thread, however, convinced me that getting rid of Painiac would be even better. Either the air clears and normal scumhunting can take place on D2, or he flips scum.

Oh, by the way, since we now have a three-way tie (according to this piece of paper I have here where I've tracked voting since the last votecount), vote Extend so we don't end up with a no-lynch.

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, Painiac, I'm sorry if I'm not well versed in your meta. You started out on me relying on my knowing how you play then attacking me because of it. Very jumpy voting there.
Man, that's just plain wrong. You were accusing me before of giving no-pressure questions, and when I had voted you to answer my questions, you are crying that I'm jumpy.

What's about meta, you say? I was acting so stupidly aggresive in my previous mafia I was basically kicked out from the game. That was some stupid ,,accomplisment" you don't see everyday.

Starting your case, it is weak. Accusing me of lurking, WIFOM and ignoring what the meaning of my post is blatantly obvious. Overly aggressive too.
Twist my posts more, scum. I didn't accused you here of lurking, you had interpreted it that way. You were spewing out WIFOM, because you made some weird readings from my post.
Here it seems you are (some blatant, WIFOM related accusations)
And you are crying because I am playing it aggresively? Hey, I am not insulting my every target like Dariush did. Asking questions is being aggresive to you?

Coming from the start, you exploded with horrendous grammar and quick typed RAEG back at him just because of, well, him trying to help you as an IC. From where I see it, you do have trouble in specifying what exactly you want to say.
Doing grammar mistakes left and right makes me scum? And you know, his roleplaying accusation was major asspull, so I didn't knew if he was REALLY trying to help me there.

So you're trying to tout your townieness by saying this single statement right here that you are town? From where I've seen it, you aren't showing viable proof that you are actually town. Noise and rage there, my friend. What cause is there to be angry by what he says, even if it is completely useless according to your eye if you're innocent?
Err, you are saying yourself -Noise and rage, my friend. It is obvious that I am agressive according to you, so it's also obvious I am sorta in pissing contest. This doesn't mean at all I am town. Gratz for procuring false argumentation here.

On a note of that, complete attitude shift right there. Capitalizing off words to shout it out. against me
I don't plan to dring tea with possible scum?

Actually answer me and everyone else this first, who are your top scumpicks and exactly why? I want to see them backed up by hard evidence here, not implied reasoning.
Are you seriously asking that so early in game? And you want nice, hard evidence? Some of players didn't even get into randomvoting.

Scelly9 and drakon136, because they are lurky. Drakon126 promised he would ask some questions, did nothing.
You, because your argumentation looks more like framing, instead of real scumhunt.

Uhh, I don't have time to answer your post Strategia, and I don't know if I will have connection later - posting from school, my own connection in house was dead at the morning.

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Extend.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

vomit
You fucking piece of shit. Not only you ignored the entirety of my post, you actually had the guts to say that I didn't say anything useful, vote me and ignore the questions I specifically warned I'll have your ass for not answering. Honestly, regardless of your alignment, I hope to never see you again on this forum. You just don't care.

And the odds of the same IC being scum two games in a row is microscopic. Dariush was scum in BM XXXI.
Gambler's Fallacy is just that - a fallacy. Don't resort to it.

Dariush: How goes the IC'ing? (Heh, Icing) On that note: who, now, do you think is the most scummy of the bunch?
Dr. Phibes for giving a grand total of less than one fuck during the whole game. What did you hope to gain from the answer?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26