Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXII - E3 - Game Over - Scum Victory  (Read 81793 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXII - Signups Open [1/7, 0/2, 0/1]
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 05:35:02 pm »

I feel like I need a break from mafia, so I'm not going to IC this one.

I'll hover around though, and offer advice if I feel it's necessary, but for the most part, I'm going to hang back.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 05:56:43 pm »

IN!

Dr.Phibes

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 06:16:57 pm »

in
If one person has an imaginary friend, they're crazy, if many people have the same imaginary friend it's religion?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXII - One Town IC Needed [7/7, 1/2, 1/1]
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 01:17:55 am »

And we're full of new players! We just need one more town IC and we can start.

Guess that means I should really write up that flavor now, eheh.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 01:24:32 am »

Maybe just have one playing IC, and allow another newbie? Or why are two ICs required?

Also, for clarity, it's not "town IC", it's "playing IC"; they're not guaranteed to be town at all.

...but yeah, time to work on that flavour, we know you can bring it and make it fun. May this be a great game!
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 01:56:27 am »

*cough* Willing to be pushed in the replacement queue if in case anyone else wants to join.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 02:00:13 am »

It's town IC inasmuch as they're predominantly concerned with offering the town advice. However, the distinction is important, yes.

As for why 2 ICs? That's how the first game I played was run, and I liked it. Barring serious opposition or people really wanting to have a shot, I'm not gonna change it.

Thanks for the support!

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 02:00:45 am »

Tiruin: If someone else wants to join, I'll consider it, but unless otherwise noted it looks okay for now.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 02:11:26 am »

The two ICs are a legacy from the Mafiascum new player training game setup. It's also where the term Inexperienced Challenged originated. Pretty sure about that, but not completely.

I never found the logic of why having two of them was important. I assume it's just that having a redundancy of ICs allows for better teaching coverage. I can think of some good reasons myself why there should be two. Mostly, you can doubt the word of one guy who says he's experienced, but it's not so easy when there are two people telling you the same thing.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2012, 02:35:03 am »

Town IC's are also supposed to teach by example, which can be hard if the only one gets killed on N1 as they are likely to do.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 02:37:11 am »

Jim: Yeah, that's where the term came from. Not sure if that's where the number came from, but I'd believe it. It also allows for a diversity of opinions, to show that it isn't entirely hard and fast and that there are different ways to play. Well, beyond the basics, that is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 02:49:48 am »

I'd be willing to IC this game.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 02:51:05 am »

And that's two! Game will start tomorrow evening PST (take a shot).

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 02:55:49 am »

Town IC's are also supposed to teach by example, which can be hard if the only one gets killed on N1 as they are likely to do.
That... makes a lot of sense, yes. If just one guy is helping the townies, the scum will get'im, but with two (and lesser chances of both being town) it's not so easy. Plus diversity of opinion, different schools of thought and all that. Yes.

And that's two! Game will start tomorrow evening PST (take a shot).
Yay! Good luck!

PS: Once the game starts, don't edit your posts! Ever!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 03:02:15 am by Bookthras »
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 06:34:13 am »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26