Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXXII - E3 - Game Over - Scum Victory  (Read 81802 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Votecount!

Dr.Phibes [2]: Strategia, Dariush
Dariush [2]: MagmaMcFry, Dr.Phibes

Not Voting: Scelly9, IronyOwl, zomara0292

Day ends Wednesday!

New topic posted in the Labrador Canine Squad forums: Proposed mod for the game: Cats

We have labradors and chihuahuas, why not expand the animal axis to also include calico cats? They could strike and swing the issues away from whoever currently has an advantage, and could in time become a third enemy you have to fight for representation. Maybe add new issues, like fair distribution of the treats?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXXII - D2 - Looks Like The Cop ... Just Croaked [7/9]
« Reply #211 on: April 03, 2012, 07:12:17 am »

I would care to withhold my vote to the very end. As a new guy, I don't want to make my first choice a bad one. But for the sake of continuing the questioning,
Phibes why did you feel the need to answer your own question and not leave at least a second for Dariush to defend himself?

Dariush, what is it that Phibes has against you? I don't quite get it.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Dr.Phibes

• Bay Watcher
  • More than meets the eye
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 03, 2012, 08:37:07 am »

I would care to withhold my vote to the very end. As a new guy, I don't want to make my first choice a bad one. But for the sake of continuing the questioning,
Phibes why did you feel the need to answer your own question and not leave at least a second for Dariush to defend himself?

Not going to be like that, but have you read all the posts? Well, he never answer my questions. Thats why a answered it for him, but however he is free to answer me anytime. Sadly, i doubt he will and if he do answer me he would probably just dodge it and give me a question.
If one person has an imaginary friend, they're crazy, if many people have the same imaginary friend it's religion?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 03, 2012, 09:50:26 am »

Not going to be like that, but have you read all the posts? Well, he never answer my questions. Thats why a answered it for him, but however he is free to answer me anytime. Sadly, i doubt he will and if he do answer me he would probably just dodge it and give me a question.

To tell the truth, I drifted in and out. My attention span is quite short today.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Votecount!

Dr.Phibes [2]: Strategia, Dariush
Dariush [2]: MagmaMcFry, Dr.Phibes

Not Voting: Scelly9, IronyOwl, zomara0292

Day ends Wednesday!

That's weird. No one posted a new thread in the LCS forums today? At all?

I blame the chihuahuas. Freakin' chihuahuas.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 04, 2012, 01:44:16 am »

Also, everyone that isn't zomara or Dr.Phibes is officially prodded. If none of you post within 24 hours, then you will all be forcibly replaced.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 04, 2012, 08:47:58 am »

I'm here, and I still vote Dariush. Extend.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 04, 2012, 11:40:07 am »

Having a shitty week at school. Activity is correspondingly shitty.

Firstly, FoSing before voting is generally seen as highly passive and noncommital (especially from those who are being FoSed), since the lack of a vote puts less pressure into the FoS. It's kinda hard to explain, but in general it should be avoided. Secondly, FoSing the same people is pointless and, if anything, does the opposite effect due to those being FoSed perceiving you as less of a threat due to you not using FoSes properly. Thirdly, withholding the vote is a bad idea because you may easily miss the deadline, but if you do vote you can change it to a more scummy target whenever you want easily.

To answer your question, Dr.Scummes has against me the complete and blinding vomitshitfucking idiocy on his part that may only come from either: 1) a complete lack of a brain; 2) being retarded to such an extent that certain species of flies may be considered geniuses compared to him; 3) having the bladder in place of the brain and the anus in place of his mouth so he can only spew utter bullshit however much he tries to do otherwise. Not that he would want to. Due to being unable to want otherwise. Due to having a bladder in place of his brain.

Okay, I got kinda carried away there.

Seriously though, I don't know what he has against me. And have no way of knowing, really.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 04, 2012, 11:54:41 am »

I don't know what he has against me. And have no way of knowing, really.
You could try asking him. Or looking at your behaviour. Or reading through the thread.

You should sig that, so it appears in all your posts.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 04, 2012, 12:05:49 pm »

I am also here, I just didn't have a whole lot I wanted to say/ask. Also, since we have a tie and three people aren't voting, Extend.

That's why you keep asking and pushing. Answering your own questions is one of the worst things you could do in Mafia, apart from voting yourself or outing yourself as scum, since it contributes absolutely nothing to scumhunting.

So why don't you keep asking? Why don't you push? Why are you so lazy that you just don't bother anymore? See, this is part of the reason why I'm voting you - you contribute nothing to scumhunting, which, fyi, actively helps scum.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 04, 2012, 12:16:21 pm »

Strategia does have a point. This is my first game, and, thus far, the only things I can think of that will help a scum, which are what I am using in my scum hinting, is pointing fingers at random, throwing back questions with suspicion without even attempting to answer the question, or dogging specific persons without letup. On little to no cause(grounds?), that is.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 04, 2012, 12:18:49 pm »

I would care to withhold my vote to the very end.

Also, I am still voting. Just trying to gather as much information before I do so.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 04, 2012, 12:27:02 pm »

You should sig that, so it appears in all your posts.

Bah hah hah!  So absolutely sigged.  >_>  I'll go now.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 04, 2012, 12:50:45 pm »

Extend.

Magma:
I'm here, and I still vote Dariush. Extend.
Who's your second scumpick?

Dariush:
Having a shitty week at school. Activity is correspondingly shitty.
Yet you're not voting to extend. Why not?

Seriously though, I don't know what he has against me. And have no way of knowing, really.
These two might be more of an answer than you think. Maybe he's voting you for being foul-mouthed, passive scum with no interest in doing anything but plenty of time to rant elaborately in place of anything constructive? If I'm reading this correctly, for instance, you don't even know what your top scumpick's case on you is, but it's either the primary or only thing you're willing to lynch him for. Do you even have a second scumpick, now that Painiac's gone?

Strategia:
I am also here, I just didn't have a whole lot I wanted to say/ask. Also, since we have a tie and three people aren't voting, Extend.
I thought you said you were going to continue scumhunting, though. In light of not scumhunting, doesn't this post:
Spoiler: Post (click to show/hide)
seem a bit like trying to let everyone know you'll be activelurking but that's okay and they should ignore that?

Phibes, second scumpick? If you're positive you want to lynch Dariush today, why not get started on finding more scum? Sitting on your hands with a vote isn't usually any better than sitting on your hands without one, especially when your case is less "I'm positive he's scum because of this and this" and more "He won't answer questions so I can't tell if he's scum."

zomara: Don't forget a vote's use as pressure and statement of intent. Why is it you don't want to vote a suspect until you're sure? When do you think you'll be ready?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 04, 2012, 01:00:57 pm »

zomara: Don't forget a vote's use as pressure and statement of intent. Why is it you don't want to vote a suspect until you're sure? When do you think you'll be ready?

I present, to your eye of suspicion, this one and only fact that might keep me from getting lynched my first day. I am new at this, and have been familiar with this type of forum gaming for less than a week. If you were throwing yourself into a situation, would you not wait and watch and see were to turn, first, before casting yourself to the ever undecided waves of change?

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26